Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think people just remember him playing left back and not in his natural position. I'd gladly take Lescott, but only if he was a sub as mentioned. There is zero reason to drop Clark, but as cover, Lescott will do just fine. Just seems weird that we want to get rid of Senderos and get Lescott. 

I would think Clark would benefit hugely from being rested. Good Clubs do that with younger players all the time and he has rarely been out the side except when injured which isn't like resting.

Considering it is a position which will always attract suspensions and injuries as well I think Lescott would be pretty much a spot on purchase.

I would think Clark would benefit hugely from being rested. Good Clubs do that with younger players all the time and he has rarely been out the side except when injured which isn't like resting.

Considering it is a position which will always attract suspensions and injuries as well I think Lescott would be pretty much a spot on purchase.

Clark is nearly 26, he shouldn't be rested like a youngster.

• Like 2

Clark is not young anymore. He should be playing. That why he improved last season. I hope if we are after lescott it's to play him with Clark and Richards to RB

People really need to stop saying Richards needs to play or should be played at RB. outside of us having Hutton/Bacuna/Crespo all out he will play centre half. He was bought to play centre half & that also played a huge factor in him signing for us.

• Like 3

Needing a goal-scoring, creating no 10.

How about Hakim Ziyech of Twente.

This season he's played 2, scored 1 and made 1. Last year he scored 17 and made 17 in about 40 games.

He's still only 22/23.

I think we need to give Gil and Grealish a go before we look at any attacking midfielders

Clark is nearly 26, he shouldn't be rested like a youngster.

Absolutely. '81 springs to mind.

This season he's played 2, scored 1 and made 1. Last year he scored 17 and made 17 in about 40 games.

He's still only 22/23.

I think we need to give Gil and Grealish a go before we look at any attacking midfielders

I would sign someone like Ziyech to play as a creative striker. If we wanted to play with wingers and 2 strikers we don't really have anyone that can play off a big striker and get goals as well as create. Gil and Grealish are fine as attacking midfielders but i'm not sure they will get enough goals to be played near the top of a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation.

Not a huge Lescott fan, but let's face it: Richards, Clark, Baker and Okore are all quite injury-prone. Based on careers so far it's likely that 1 or 2 of them will be in the treatment room at any given time over the season. Lescott in and loan out Baker might be a smart move for a year - should help Richards as he is still somewhat new to CB position. Also there's option of 352 with Richards-Clark-Lescott at the back and Bacuna/Amavi with more freedom to go forward.

Plus imagine Richards, Lescott & Gestede all up for corners, would give us real aerial threat that some teams won't be able to cope with.

Clark is not injury prone. Okore has had a couple of injuries, one really bad one, but not sure he would be classed as injury prone either. Now Baker, he is definitely  injury prone. And we have Crespo as back up. I think we are ok at centre back, but one striker short.

• Like 1

Not a huge Lescott fan, but let's face it: Richards, Clark, Baker and Okore are all quite injury-prone. Based on careers so far it's likely that 1 or 2 of them will be in the treatment room at any given time over the season. Lescott in and loan out Baker might be a smart move for a year - should help Richards as he is still somewhat new to CB position. Also there's option of 352 with Richards-Clark-Lescott at the back and Bacuna/Amavi with more freedom to go forward.

Plus imagine Richards, Lescott & Gestede all up for corners, would give us real aerial threat that some teams won't be able to cope with.

Clark is not injury prone. Okore has had a couple of injuries, one really bad one, but not sure he would be classed as injury prone either. Now Baker, he is definitely  injury prone. And we have Crespo as back up. I think we are ok at centre back, but one striker short.

okay we can quibble on whether they all fit the category 'injury-prone' but it has been a feature of the last few years that our CBs have rotated a lot due to injuries. Vlaar also had lots of problems and he's gone but we've replaced with Richards who has similar history of problems.

yes with Crespo as well, I think we have enough depth in numbers at CB but I could see the logic in loaning Baker to see if he can get a proper run of regular football somewhere and bring in Lescott for a year or two for his experience. 

He's still only 22/23.

We don't need one, we've invested heavily in midfield and have Gil and Grealish who can play that role and Traore who will be pretty much exclusively attacking.

We need a striker and a centre half. 

• Like 4

It's almost one of those moment we've seen before in our PL history, in that we are one good striker away from being a very decent team IMO.

Problem is we're now into the net spend area. This is up to Randy to give us some money on top of the cash generated from sales, and I just don't think he's going to do it.

He's still only 22/23.

Have mentioned him on here before in other transfer windows..

The kid is quality and probably could be picked up for less than £5million as well..

His has assisted around 30 goals in his last 2 seasons. 

Don't think we need him at present because of Adama, Gil and Grealish but he would be a very good signing for other clubs in Premier League that need a playmaker

Edited by Villan4Life