Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Would anyone take Defoe for a year? Unhappy at Sunderland. I think I'd have him.

We enquires about him before he went to Sunderland and the finances on the deal were I was told mind blowing.

£70k a week 3.5 year deal plus a £3m transfer fee  :wacko:

If comments regarding Traore are true ( one for the future ) then maybe link to Moses is correct.

Lescott can see happening , WBA have brought in Chester and now the guy from Spurs so they can afford to let him go.At 33 this is last chance to get anything back on him.

Striker who knows , happy with improvements so far but think we will see alot of business from others in next week so hopefully we can add further as well.

I fell asleep on the couch watching Europa League last night and it seems like Rosenborg had quite a lot of good talent. They beat Steua 3-0 away and really impressed me. I don't remember any of their player names but number 23 seemed quality. Go for it Sherwood, would probably cost like 500k.

• Like 1

Yeah, even though I was half asleep I'm sure it wasn't Amavi. Tho he was equally as skilled on the ball and scored a cracking goal. Helland I think is his name. Found a vid on youtube, norwegian player of the year apparently.

Edited by magnkarl

Nzogbia someone like Wigan on loan picking up a % of his wages has got to be better for all concerned?

For all concerned it has to make sense that Nzogbia goes to a club like, i dont know say Wigan, even on loan with them paying some of his wages

If we can get rid of Nzogbia even some of his wages with him playing at a lower league club like Wigan for 12 months that makes sense surely?

I can see you've taken to this repetivie awfull journaliam lark.

By the looks of it you are getting the hang of the nasty journalist's habit of repeating things.

That's obviously you picking up on the repetitve style of the aforementioned journalist.

I think Richard is taking the beetle juice approach, say it 3 times and it will happen.

Nzogbia someone like Wigan on loan picking up a % of his wages has got to be better for all concerned?

For all concerned it has to make sense that Nzogbia goes to a club like, i dont know say Wigan, even on loan with them paying some of his wages

If we can get rid of Nzogbia even some of his wages with him playing at a lower league club like Wigan for 12 months that makes sense surely?

I can see you've taken to this repetivie awfull journaliam lark.

By the looks of it you are getting the hang of the nasty journalist's habit of repeating things.

That's obviously you picking up on the repetitve style of the aforementioned journalist.

I think Richard is taking the beetle juice approach, say it 3 times and it will happen.

Zlatan signs for villa Zlatan signs for villa Zlatan signs for villa

Having watched Sherwood's press conference it sounds as though there's not much money now unless we sell some people, or at least get them off the wage book. 

Don't see Austin as a goer which is a shame. I reckon it'll be a couple more in, and they will be cheap or loans. I suppose someone like Afobe isn't out of the question but even he'd be £7-8m plus you'd think. 

Its just pure speculation to guess the amount of money we have left. When you've got teams like Bristol City and Burnley fighting each other for a £9m Championship striker you might be pleasantly surprised in how much we have to spend (I say hopefully!)

I do think we need a marquee signing up front. Has Remy been linked with anyone? He would be a great signing 

• Like 1

Having watched Sherwood's press conference it sounds as though there's not much money now unless we sell some people, or at least get them off the wage book.

Don't see Austin as a goer which is a shame. I reckon it'll be a couple more in, and they will be cheap or loans. I suppose someone like Afobe isn't out of the question but even he'd be £7-8m plus you'd think.

In his last press conference regarding transfers he mentioned buying English. Then went and signed Traore.

I don't think the issue is fees. We won't want the wage bill spiraling out of control again.

For all concerned it has to make sense that Nzogbia goes to a club like, i dont know say Wigan,  even on loan with them paying some of his wages

Perhaps he could go to Wigan on loan?

I'm not necessarily saying Sherwood is blagging however he isn't likely to say, "we've got another 20m for the right player". Personally I think we will have a little more in the bank than what is rumoured but you wouldn't want any other club to think you are floating in cash(not that we are) as deals will increase at this point in the transfer window.  It really wouldn't surprise me if there is another 15-20m to play with, but also dependent on further wage reductions, ie NZog, Senderos, Cole etc, 

I think the only position Sherwood will be overly concerned about will be the CF situation and maybe RM. I think if the worst comes to the worst we have Okore, Baker and Crespo that can cover defensive fullback and cb positions in the short term which may then allow us to lump sum on a CF before the end of the deadline ending our incomings this season- At least that's what I am hoping.