Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Striker is a priority. We must have the weakest front line of the teams down there. Wilson at Bournemouth looks good.

Still think we need a more creative CM like Praet and a CB who can organise a back 4.

Also, really think we should look to replace Guzan who is a great shot stopper when the ball is blasted straight at him. Other than that he is average at best.

Get Austin on the phone immediately! 

It's really obvious, I really can't believe people can still be in denial after the first few games.

We need a ruthless striker in the box ready to pounce on balls.

It's not like we don't have tools, Grealish was the best player on the pitch today imo and Adama's cameo was brilliant so we have creativity there but thinking the present lot are going to adequately take over Benteke's goals is heading for trouble. 

We need a striker and a keeper.

spot on! Guzans distribution is awful. he put a place kick out for a throw in and gave the ball to amavi in a dodgy position which led to a goal. hes also too quiet which cost a corner that bacuna had to head out because he didnt know brad was there.

• Like 1

Right then, let's talk about Charlie Austin.  Scored two and set another two up today.

We've got some good variety in the forward department - pace, height, trickery, but no all-rounder who can bring other players in and finish the moves off.  Like Benteke did.  I can only see one player with any semblance of a record who looks like they'd be gettable, and it's him.

Unless he's asking for north of 75 grand a week or his knees are glass I think we've got to take a punt.

• Like 3

Right then, let's talk about Charlie Austin.  Scored two and set another two up today.

We've got some good variety in the forward department - pace, height, trickery, but no all-rounder who can bring other players in and finish the moves off.  Like Benteke did.  I can only see one player with any semblance of a record who looks like they'd be gettable, and it's him.

Unless he's asking for north of 75 grand a week or his knees are glass I think we've got to take a punt.

i agree but dont think we have another £15m to spend on one player when we also appear to be looking for a CB

We need a striker and a keeper.

spot on! Guzans distribution is awful. he put a place kick out for a throw in and gave the ball to amavi in a dodgy position which led to a goal. hes also too quiet which cost a corner that bacuna had to head out because he didnt know brad was there.

Yep Guzan while not terrible is just another reminder of dreadful last few years we've had to endue.

He's not terrible and is a great shot stopper on his day, but he's one of the weaker links in the side now and isn't going to improve, nor does he make us any better as a team.

Look at the difference Amavi has made in the LB spot, I reckon a keeper who really commanded and marshalled the defence and had half decent distribution skills would have a similar impact to the team.

Proven goal scorer goes without saying, somehow doubt we'll get both though...

• Like 1

Do people realise how much Austin is going to cost? Sure we need someone like him, but there will be 4-5 other clubs after him and his wages will be massive.