Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

If as everybody accepts we were talking to Ade until very recently, it can't just be a case of 'oh well, we can't get Ade so we'll go with what we've got'. Surely another main man will be coming in? 

Edit: Sorry Harry and Dr P. Didn’t mean to cut you off so abruptly J

Edited by BigJim

I'd take Lescott fo sho, assume it won't be a 5 year deal?

I don't really see the point. Lescott is well past his best and will want big wages. I'd rather keep Senderos if we need cover. Anyway I think he has just signed a contract extension

He wouldn't come here as cover, he'd come here to play. He'd be our best centre back IMO. Yes, he's on his way down career wise but could easily do 2 years here.

I don't think he has signed an extension at WBA and with them looking to buy Fazio, it looks like he will be allowed to leave

I don't think he'll be on a big contract at all. Do we really think baggies are paying him anywhere near his city days? No chance.

Looks like lescott is on, nixon reports so. Good addition.

what has he said exactly? I'd take him, I thought we should've signed him when he left Manchester City

It's on The Sun website behind a paywall. Who the **** pays for that shite? 

Lescott would be such a waste, I really don't want him. Basically sets Clark's development back a year or more IMO. 

Yeah, even though I was half asleep I'm sure it wasn't Amavi. Tho he was equally as skilled on the ball and scored a cracking goal. Helland I think is his name. Found a vid on youtube, norwegian player of the year apparently.

Improved this video significantly by changing the music to Fever Ray - 'If I Had A Heart'.

You're welcome. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Why wouldn't you want a player that improves your team?

Because I'm looking beyond the end of next week. 

Look, maybe I'm wrong. But by and large, centre-backs don't last until their mid-30's in this division any more. Even reliable performers drop off a cliff at around Lescott's age, look what happened to Distin. My fear is that he comes, robs 12-18 months of development off Clark, Clark comes back into the team rusty and now not at the required level, and January or June 2017 we're looking to buy an expensive Clark and Lescott replacement. 

No thanks to Lescott

We get one good season out of him tops its questionable how long he's on the treatment table in that time as well

At least him and Joe Cole can become good buddies

He played 34 games in the league last season and has been fit for the start of this season.......

Why wouldn't you want a player that improves your team?

Because I'm looking beyond the end of next week.

Look, maybe I'm wrong. But by and large, centre-backs don't last until their mid-30's in this division any more. Even reliable performers drop off a cliff at around Lescott's age, look what happened to Distin. My fear is that he comes, robs 12-18 months of development off Clark, Clark comes back into the team rusty and now not at the required level, and January or June 2017 we're looking to buy an expensive Clark and Lescott replacement.

Distin has always relied on being rapid.

As for Clark, he's first in line. There will be injuries, of that you can be sure. I think you are catastrophising.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.