Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

With Andre Gray hilariously costing Burnley £9m, I'm starting to think that £15m for Austin is probably about a fair price for someone who has banged them in at every level he has played at. 

I was against Austin before but I've warmed to the idea somewhat. We lack dynamism up front and Austin will offer us that. Not only is he a very good finisher but his movement is also very good.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

If Austin is 15m, so what?

Didn't we just sell our best striker for 32.5m. What's the problem here?

He isn't worth it.
Hes worth 15m, would repay that back over a season easily with his goals that would pull us away from a relagation fight.

Can see us struggling unless we get a goalscorer in now.

QPR still went down with his goals. We need to stop the stupid mistakes. Sure we need another striker, but £15m for Austin isn't worth it.

He isn't worth it.
Hes worth 15m, would repay that back over a season easily with his goals that would pull us away from a relagation fight.

QPR still went down with his goals. We need to stop the stupid mistakes. Sure we need another striker, but £15m for Austin isn't worth it.

Who do you propose then? Someone that will hit the ground running and not take months to get used to the league?

Names please

Gestede made sense, from what I've seen I don't want him starting week in week out as I fear he's a bit too limited for that but as a squad striker and someone to bring on in last 15 minutes, no problem. He can take over the role I envisaged Kozak would play.

Ayew needs time but can't say I get a great feeling of him. In any case he looks yet another 2nd striker/wide player just like Sinclair. And just like Gabby about 5 years ago.

It would make it so much easier for this season knowing we have a pretty capable box striker ready to run onto Grealish throw balls and getting on the end of Adama crosses when he murders another left back.

Rather than hoping one will land perfectly on Gestede's head.

He isn't worth it.

If we started scoring goals, there would be less pressure on the rest of the team, and hopefully less mistakes.

Qpr are playing this very well.

He's maybe not worth 15m but they know there will be a team like Aston villa who come the 31st, will realise they haven't spent well and will be desperate for a goal scorer.

He's worth 15m for us if it means we stay in the premier league.

Actually, don't we have Ayew?

Forget what I just said.

Who do you propose then? Someone that will hit the ground running and not take months to get used to the league?

Names please

It's impossible to say which players will or wont start playing decent right away. All i know is, £15m for Austin is unrealistic for us right now. The Benteke/Delph money has almost/or is gone. Can't see us spending much over that.

Qpr are playing this very well.

He's maybe not worth 15m but they know there will be a team like Aston villa who come the 31st, will realise they haven't spent well and will be desperate for a goal scorer.

He's worth 15m for us if it means we stay in the premier league.

Actually, don't we have Ayew?

Forget what I just said.

On the contrary, I think we've spent quite well, we're just lacking a goalscorer. The squad was in dire need of overhaul.

Names please

It's impossible to say which players will or wont start playing decent right away. All i know is, £15m for Austin is unrealistic for us right now. The Benteke/Delph money has almost/or is gone. Can't see us spending much over that.

Well Austin is pretty much nailed on to perform as he already has 3 goals for qpr this season and scored in the prem last season.

Id take someone like that rather than someone from a different league

Striker is an absolute must - there are nowhere near enough goals in this team, we're seeing that right now. If we don't get one, at least on loan, then I'm afraid we're heading for big big trouble. 

A goalkeeper would be good after today's display, but I suppose it's asking too much. 

Striker. 

Perhaps if he was called Carlos Austinho more people would warm to the idea.

He's always scored goals at every level and assuming his knees aren't made of papier machet I'd meet the asking price. I'd also get back on the phone to Adebyaor.

I don't think Gestede was ever purchased to be the main number 1 striker. I'm convinced we'll get someone else in

As I said at the time we have completely blown our striker budget on Ayew and Rudy £16 million down the poo pipe. We needed to buy big at the time I said Berihnino a proven Premier League 1 in 2 man but unlikely now Spurs are involved. I'm not hot on Austin....must be a reason no club went in for him.