Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

It is and it isn't.  When you've lost 4 or 5 first teamers and you finished 17th the season before then we should really be spending more.  Especially given the money available now.  However, forget net spend for a second, we are clearly short in CB, the wings and up front and we need to address it.  Personally I don't care if we sign 3 players on a free as long as they are the right quality.  The issue is I am not sure that there is anything out there for little or no money. Randy Lerner will get away with spending very little again and it shouldn't really surprise anyone.

• Like 1

Cuadrado getting shown around the city by Sanchez. Mourinho doesn't seem to fancy him that much maybe a years loan at Villa Park would help him settle. We need a winger and I know it's unlikely but you never know!

Would be a great signing, even on loan. May also help us sign Balanta too if we have more Colombians in the squad.  :D

Cuadrado getting shown around the city by Sanchez. Mourinho doesn't seem to fancy him that much maybe a years loan at Villa Park would help him settle. We need a winger and I know it's unlikely but you never know!

Pull the other one it's got Cuadrados on.

You lie...Cuadrado would be a great pick up. He was one of the best players in Serie A 

You lie...Cuadrado would be a great pick up. He was one of the best players in Serie A

?? He's hardly played and never made the squad at the weekend he's too good to be a back up

It is and it isn't.  When you've lost 4 or 5 first teamers and you finished 17th the season before then we should really be spending more.  Especially given the money available now.  However, forget net spend for a second, we are clearly short in CB, the wings and up front and we need to address it.  Personally I don't care if we sign 3 players on a free as long as they are the right quality.  The issue is I am not sure that there is anything out there for little or no money. Randy Lerner will get away with spending very little again and it shouldn't really surprise anyone.

I disagree we are short at CB I think we have enough but I think TS wants better so is trying to get rid of Senderos etc the squad as a whole is better than last year but could still be improved. If we haven't strengthened further by the end of the window I can understand having a moan but normally most business is done in the last few weeks and I can see us buying at least another couple.

Pretty the new TV deal kicks in next season doesn't it?

It does but the current one is still pretty decent,We have stripped pretty much all the high earners off the books so we should have some spending money.

Still time to go and for Example WBA may sell Berahino which will offset spending, but currently their net spend is over 20mil ours is around zero.It's not very good is it ? Again using them as an example the excuse we are for sale doesn't hold true as they are also for sale.Like I said lets see what happens I'd imagine we still might spend up to 10mil net.At moment we probably have our hands tied with squad numbers.If we can get rid of a few it will help us.

To be honest, I will be disappointed if we spend 0 net. Surely AVFC as a business (not Randy Lerner personal) can afford something with the new TV deals?

Think of the balance sheet though.

Don't those black figures get you going, I know they do me!

The lad from Wolves, Ofobe?

Ticks the boxes for everything we need.Quick, young, can play on his own, in a partnership, or as an inside forward.Has a good touch, and certainly knows how to score, and more importantly will put them lot in their place.

Holgate in, and Wilson on loan, and then just a good aggressive, tall CH and we are sorted.

Generally speaking a net spend of £0 should see you at the same level you were previously. You've lost £x amount worth of players and replaced it with £x.

I know that's not strictly true but if we're looking at improving then we should be spending more than we receive.

Damn, looks like Joey Barton will be off the market.

The manchester United supporter who sits next to me at work has been banging on for weeks that Villa should be signing Barton, and can't understand why I keep saying I'd rather gouge my eyes out than sign that cretin.

Hopefully this will shut him up

You have to sit next to a Manchester United supporter? Like all day, Every day??

Yeah.

He's the guy I nearly slapped on his first day.

The conversation got onto football and I asked him how he thought United would get on that season (it was August last year).

He said something like

"I'm not expecting very much, we're pretty crap. I'd settle for a top 4 finish and the FA Cup"

He'd SETTLE for that!!!

I'd rip my dick off for that!

I'd rip your dick off for that too. With my teeth.