Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I don't see anything there to suggest that if he were left to his own devices he'd just go and sign expensive, overrated British shit.

That's because you added your own words there - 'expensive', 'overrated' and 'shit'.

But that was a big part of the O'Neill transfer strategy though, particularly the expensive part. Sherwood is clearly after value for money and the O'Neill approach is the antithesis of that.

It wasn't unfounded - he said:

“Having English players (in the team) is crucial because we’re playing in a British league,” he said.

“That core of players is unbelievably important.

“I would say, if anyone was to become available now, they probably would be coming from the English market.

“No-one’s given an opportunity to English players more than me.

Then I used some words like 'might have' and 'may have', which indicate a lack of certainty.

He doesn't actually say he's only buying English players. He says from the English market. That probably just means they're used to playing in the prem and as he wont have a preseason to help gel them it'll save time. Sherwood uses the media very well he bigs up his giving youth a chance now it's saying he'll play English players. For me that's his way of tapping up. We've managed to sign a couple of very highly rated youngsters as he has a rep of playing kids now I'd say he's after a couple of English players and is bigging up that aspect.

Every player he's bought has been someone he has been watching for a while. Look at the lengths he went to to find out about Rudy. So far everything he's done has been impressive.

English players to start were captain Micah Richards, Ciaran Clark, Ashley Westwood and Scott Sinclair.

??

edit: saw someone else spotted it too

Edited by darrenm

I don't think Hernandez would be all that great for us to be honest. I actually think Adebayor would do a better job in our system. 

Just feel we need a poacher in our side, someone to get the second ball and bang in 10-15 goals, feed off the scraps of Gestede

I don't think Hernandez would be all that great for us to be honest. I actually think Adebayor would do a better job in our system. 

Just feel we need a poacher in our side, someone to get the second ball and bang in 10-15 goals, feed off the scraps of Gestede

Kozak is a poacher but him and Gestede would be static as you like. 

Personally I think a piece of the jigsaw is still missing, weather it be a Ade I'm not sure. But I think we need that 1 or 2 still.

Don't wanna be struggling for goals again, I know its early days but before Gestede came on, we didn't look like scoring. 1 shot on goal was it?

Shaqiri to stoke? Rondon to west brom? Hernandez to West ham? Hard to stay in touch with mid table now

Aye, seems like this season could turn out a really tough one.

One swallow didnt make a summer. 

On the whole English player debate I'd have thought it was pretty obvious really in that we've signed a fair few from outside this league that we all have said need to learn fast not just how to play together but this bloody league and I'd guess he wants a few English now to help them and us while they settle.

On saying that I really hope we can shift three or four players from our existing squad

Haven't they signed 8 already but they only started one yesterday as likes of Mings and Distin were on bench.

Looked to me a case of Eddie Howe giving all the promotion favourites one game starting together in the prem and he'll be ruthless from now on.

They need a striker to play off Wilson I think.

Lol, I was just taking the piss to be honest as we beat em. They've been all freebies, not really put in investe you'd expect to stay in prem.