Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

What the hell, we signed Ayew and WBA signed Rondon....nothing against Ayew, but wow. Fair play to them. Big player....quite literally!

And Shaqiri to Stoke...well, fair play to them too....suddenly our amazing transfer window looks fairly even across the league.

Rondon and Shaqiri will both flop in the premier league will both be back in European leagues within 2 years

What the hell, we signed Ayew and WBA signed Rondon....nothing against Ayew, but wow. Fair play to them. Big player....quite literally!

And Shaqiri to Stoke...well, fair play to them too....suddenly our amazing transfer window looks fairly even across the league.

Rondon and Shaqiri will both flop in the premier league will both be back in European leagues within 2 years
mystic meg over here..

Why do you think shaqiri will flop? Every time i've seen him he's been one of the best players on the pitch, he's too good for stoke i think

Why do you think shaqiri will flop? Every time i've seen him he's been one of the best players on the pitch, he's too good for stoke i think

No one has seen much of him for a few years, after getting lost in Munich he was last sighted busking in some back ally on the outskirts of Milan.

I wonder how much we would have spent if not sold benteke and Delph?

Other teams spending more than us yet we finished 17th , and are expected to compete while spending less? Makes sense

Other teams spending more than us yet we finished 17th , and are expected to compete while spending less? Makes sense

Careful, dangerously close to setting off the net spend police.

No one has seen much of him for a few years, after getting lost in Munich he was last sighted busking in some back ally on the outskirts of Milan.

That's your opinion, mine is that he will be superb for stoke but as i said he is too good for them in my opinion, he is an excellent player i think

That's your opinion, mine is that he will be superb for stoke but as i said he is too good for them in my opinion, he is an excellent player i think

your famous opinion on players has got you in bother in the past ;)

In nearly 9yrs our glorious leader has done very little that makes sense.

Careful, dangerously close to setting off the net spend police.

Aston Villa as a business should be able to invest X amount per year on players, in the same way the other 19 PL clubs manage.

This figure should be topped up by any money received in sales, its not about net/gross spend,its about supporting your Manager and making sure your business stays competitive relative to the businesses you compete with, something our Chairman has failed to do for a number of year.

Surely we must have at least £15 million to spend...did Lerner really think a team that finished 17th wouldn't need any investment, so far he hasn't put a round coin into the club this summer!!

• Like 2

Our squad is already too big though and we need at most 3 signings. Just because other teams are signing players doesnt mean we suddenly need to and doesn't take away from the business we have done so far. It's as if we didn't sign Amavi or Veretout or Gueye, and forgetting how highly they were rated.

• Like 3

Damn, looks like Joey Barton will be off the market.

The manchester United supporter who sits next to me at work has been banging on for weeks that Villa should be signing Barton, and can't understand why I keep saying I'd rather gouge my eyes out than sign that cretin.

Hopefully this will shut him up

You have to sit next to a Manchester United supporter? Like all day, Every day??

Yeah.

He's the guy I nearly slapped on his first day.

The conversation got onto football and I asked him how he thought United would get on that season (it was August last year).

He said something like

"I'm not expecting very much, we're pretty crap. I'd settle for a top 4 finish and the FA Cup"

He'd SETTLE for that!!!

I'd rip my dick off for that!

I'd rip your dick off for that too. With my teeth.

Don't tease me

To be honest I don't think he has been great since leaving Basel, which wasn't the best league in the world. He never set the world on fire at Munich and struggled a bit in Milan. Premier league will be too much for him I think

ffs...

SPURS EYEING EMBOLO

Tottenham are leading the race to sign FC Basel starlet Breel Emboloaccording to The Mirror.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino sent scouts to watch the £10million-rated Switzerland striker bag a brace against Luzern at the weekend.

Aston Villa, West Brom and West Ham have also shown interest in the 18-year-old.