Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Can't see us signing anybody else this window and not sure we really need to strengthen further. Think we have recruited well and once the French league players settle properly we should have a decent side. Would maybe like to see another forward brought in on loan to give us more options.

Spurs in for Embolo.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-favourites-sign-breel-embolo-6229416?

Wishful thinking we might follow up our interest now after signing Ayew and Gestede. I still think Adebayor will happen late in the window. Personally I'd rather we went for Oulare if we could be greedy and have another striker.

Edited by Cridontour

Avenotti,Praet and Traore are doing the rounds again,but with Tim saying the English based thing I'm not to sure. For some reason I think the Praet thing has got legs with the Birmingham Mail story. Traore I would love but Lennon more likely and as for Avenotti well I don't no who he is but his name has come up a lot. From what I have read he is Rudy type player so I gues he was just on the list and we got Rudy instead.

Would love us to sign Van Dijk from Celtic, apparently they may sell, Southampton are looking to bid for him at £7million.  Would be a quality centre back!

Just need another striker + Traore hopefully and it will be an awesome summer.

Boilesen? It seems weird to me that this one's coming round again and probably lazy journalism. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/11/report-aston-villa-interested-in-nicolai-boilesen-asking-price-s/

It would make a lot of sense to me if he could offload either or both of the other LB's that aren't Amavi. Without ever seeing him play I'm happy to believe he's better than Richardson or Bennett.

7.7 Amavi

10.0 Ayew

0.5 Crespo

6.0 Gestede

9.0 Gueye

2.5 Sinclair

8.0 Veretout

----

28.8 Benteke (32.5 - 15% of profit (24.5m))

8.0 Delph

2.5 Weimann

1.0 Lowton*

0.5 Sylla*

-----

So on that basis Traore would see us starting to spend actual net money (<- there's that word!)

Richards & Bunn in + Bent, Burke, Given & Stevens out were all freebies.

* Total guesses but seems reasonable estimate

EDITED for Genk sell-on clause.

SSN reporting the traore rumours too now. hopefully show him off before the manc game then add balanta next week and a striker on deadline day. any one of embolo, oulare or james wilson will do for me

Edit: may as well sign a new GK while we're at it. cheers  B)

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

Do we still need a centre back? I think so. 

Am I the only one thinking if we signed Adama, Balanta and a new striker we'd actually have too many good players? It's a nice problem to have I guess , but it's one I'm not used to us having. 

Edited by PieFacE

SSN reporting the traore rumours too now. hopefully show him off before the manc game then add balanta next week and a striker on deadline day. any one of embolo, oulare or james wilson will do for me

Show him off? Sign him up and stick him in!

Do we still need a centre back? I think so. 

Am I the only one thinking if we signed Adama, Balanta and a new striker we'd actually have too many good players? It's a nice problem to have I guess , but it's one I'm not used to us having. 

For me, we have 4, plus whatever we have coming through from the academy. Even if we let Senderos go, 5 if we keep him. I'm not sure we need 6 CBs.