Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think Trent was probably right when he said (I think he did!) that we wouldn't have much to spend over what we bring in.

So I think around 10m and maybe a little more room to maneuver with wages - it probably explains why things seem quiet right now. We are trying to find good options for the wing, defence and perhaps midfield or right back - but within a tight budget. I guess we could see two signings for £5m each and then two loans?

Shaqiri to stoke? Rondon to west brom? Hernandez to West ham? Hard to stay in touch with mid table now

Aye, seems like this season could turn out a really tough one.

One swallow didnt make a summer. 

Yeah but one more facial would make my summer.

Why did he only last 6 months at Inter?

Not the right club for him. Has a lot of quality and probably needs to be at a club like Stoke to get back on track. Bojan is a great example of that, before his injury.

I'm not too bothered about who other clubs sign though. I think we have brought in some gems who will grow together - and if they grow, we do.

Why did he only last 6 months at Inter?

because he isn't very good

I don't think that is true. He has a great deal of ability and will probably do really well at Stoke. Sometimes players don't work at a club but do at others.

Damn, looks like Joey Barton will be off the market.

The manchester United supporter who sits next to me at work has been banging on for weeks that Villa should be signing Barton, and can't understand why I keep saying I'd rather gouge my eyes out than sign that cretin.

Hopefully this will shut him up

• Like 1

The manchester United supporter who sits next to me at work has been banging on for weeks that Villa should be signing Barton, and can't understand why I keep saying I'd rather gouge my eyes out than sign that cretin.

You have to sit next to a Manchester United supporter? Like all day, Every day??

You have to sit next to a Manchester United supporter? Like all day, Every day??

I suggest moving to manchester. Wouldnt happen there

Could be the last place on earth to escape manunited fans.

Yeah.

He's the guy I nearly slapped on his first day.

The conversation got onto football and I asked him how he thought United would get on that season (it was August last year).

He said something like

"I'm not expecting very much, we're pretty crap. I'd settle for a top 4 finish and the FA Cup"

He'd SETTLE for that!!!

I'd rip my dick off for that!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Yeah.

He's the guy I nearly slapped on his first day.

The conversation got onto football and I asked him how he thought United would get on that season (it was August last year).

He said something like

"I'm not expecting very much, we're pretty crap. I'd settle for a top 4 finish and the FA Cup"

He'd SETTLE for that!!!

I'd rip my dick off for that!

You poor bastard.  :(

Other gems form him include 

"I live five minutes from the Hawthorns and my dad is a season ticket holder there, so i should really support them. But they don't win anything"

and

"I'm not being biased or anything, but Man United have the best crest in world football"

• Like 2

A net spend of £0 when we receive ten's of millions in TV rights along with a 17th place finish the season before is risky business.

I wouldn't have it any other way though.

The risk decreases the higher the gross spend though, imo.

One of the reasons just looking at net spend is so misleading.

• Like 2

Cuadrado getting shown around the city by Sanchez. Mourinho doesn't seem to fancy him that much maybe a years loan at Villa Park would help him settle. We need a winger and I know it's unlikely but you never know!