Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I just hope that by the time the window closes our squad is a bit stronger than it is now. I know a lot of people are putting a tremendous amount of faith in Grealish and Gil as creative players but I'm not overly confident that they will be enough.

• Like 2

We know a GK, Winger and forward are all likely to arrive. It's been a good window for us even if we don't. We are stronger generally.

But do agree that Lerner realistically should have been aware he needed to be spending £30m to improve a relegation side AND keeping Benteke and Delph.

What the hell, we signed Ayew and WBA signed Rondon....nothing against Ayew, but wow. Fair play to them. Big player....quite literally!

And Shaqiri to Stoke...well, fair play to them too....suddenly our amazing transfer window looks fairly even across the league.

Rondon and Shaqiri will both flop in the premier league will both be back in European leagues within 2 years
Why do you think shaqiri will flop? Every time i've seen him he's been one of the best players on the pitch, he's too good for stoke i think

No one has seen much of him for a few years, after getting lost in Munich he was last sighted busking in some back ally on the outskirts of Milan.

Ha, he's had a bad few years at club level. He's a talent though, just one with a bit of attitude, he can still leave a defender for dead.

For mid table hopefuls he's a good gamble. It's been a really interesting window.

Damn, looks like Joey Barton will be off the market.

The manchester United supporter who sits next to me at work has been banging on for weeks that Villa should be signing Barton, and can't understand why I keep saying I'd rather gouge my eyes out than sign that cretin.

Hopefully this will shut him up

You have to sit next to a Manchester United supporter? Like all day, Every day??
Yeah.

He's the guy I nearly slapped on his first day.

The conversation got onto football and I asked him how he thought United would get on that season (it was August last year).

He said something like

"I'm not expecting very much, we're pretty crap. I'd settle for a top 4 finish and the FA Cup"

He'd SETTLE for that!!!

I'd rip my dick off for that!

I'd rip your dick off for that too. With my teeth.

Don't tease me

Do you remember those German sex cannibals, one ate the others penis, all consensual like.

That's me and you if we finish 4th and win the FA Cup. I'm getting you to sign a release form though bro.

Will I still need a trip to McDonalds afterward? I like to plan ahead.

I just hope that by the time the window closes our squad is a bit stronger than it is now. I know a lot of people are putting a tremendous amount of faith in Grealish and Gil as creative players but I'm not overly confident that they will be enough.

That's true, though you have to put faith in somebody especially if they show signs of quality. Why not two young players at different stages of their development.

I'd be more concerned about natural width from forwards and perhaps midfield or even defence, though fair play to Sanchez he looked very lively.

I feel that under the current manager we won't sign players unless they are the right ones. There won't be any panic buying and settling for second best - I think he would rather give the young players a chance. For that reason, its entirely plausible that we won't sign anyone else this window.

I would say that we've already done alot more business in this window than anyone would have expected, and we seem to have done some bloody good business aswell. Regardless of net spend. Some people are never happy though.

However, I suspect we still have £15-20m to spend, and we would probably then use this money in January.

Edited by GeordieVillan

Grealish showed tremendous potential end of last season and I'm excited what he can do linking up with Veretout in midfield and the new attacking players, Gil will be more of a sub but at least he will be involved which is good.

It also means Gabby and Sinclair will more likely be subs which I think is their correct places in the pecking order now so should be the strongest bench we've had in quite a while as tired defences won't enjoy either coming on after 70 minutes.

We know a GK, Winger and forward are all likely to arrive. It's been a good window for us even if we don't. We are stronger generally.

People using 'We' for their own opinion again :)

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I feel that under the current manager we won't sign players unless they are the right ones. There won't be any panic buying and settling for second best - I think he would rather give the young players a chance. For that reason, its entirely plausible that we won't sign anyone else this window.

I would say that we've already done alot more business in this window than anyone would have expected, and we seem to have done some bloody good business aswell. Regardless of net spend. Some people are never happy though.

However, I suspect we still have £15-20m to spend, and we would probably then use this money in January.

Agree with all of the above. And I suspect we will spend more in this window, rather than in January.

But do agree that Lerner realistically should have been aware he needed to be spending £30m to improve a relegation side AND keeping Benteke and Delph.

I would've liked a new keeper but we've probably left it a bit late to bring in a new #1 now.

yeah, we hate that!

Did you manage to find your ring ?

• Like 4

yeah, we hate that!

Did you manage to find your ring ?

Brilliant post!  :D  I actually laughed out loud on my own then  :D