Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Sadly I don't think any of this will see us sign a CB.

Ian Taylor tweeted we were in for another centre-back about a week ago. I think we will bring another one in and loan Baker out.

I can't see Baker being loaned out, IIRC Tim's comments when he signed the new contract seemed to suggest he wanted to work closely with Baker to improve him.

So with Richards in to be a CB, Clark, Okore when he's fit, and Baker, together with Crespo able to cover there if needs be (no doubt he will) I don't think we'll get one. I'd be far far happier if we did though so hopefully Taylor is on to something.

It looks like Lennon has legs and we're clearly keen on another striker, the goalkeeper rumours keep rumbling on and we could easily strengthen at RB... 2 or 3 out of those and we'll have had a decent window.

I'm pretty sure Tim said something about wanting Baker to play 35 games this season when he was given his new deal, said he was a late developer. All sounded like he was going to be sent out on loan.

We missed out on Ogbonna, he looks a beast, headed everything away

You can't get them all. Richards and Clark were definitely going to be our first choice, and I want Okore getting minutes too. Clark, Richards, Okore, Baker, and Ogbonna would be difficult to all manage because I'd say 4 of them would want to be starting each week. 

Well if the Traore deal is off would be worth putting in another bid for Florian Thuavin, Bielsa just left, he just got spat at by his own fans and had a scuffle with them. We could add him tomorrow French contingent

• Like 1

Well if the Traore deal is off would be worth putting in another bid for Florian Thuavin, Bielsa just left, he just got spat at by his own fans and had a scuffle with them. We could add him tomorrow French contingent

What did he do for them to spit at him ?

Unsure why but this is what the report said

Florian Thauvin spat on by Marseille fans

Last night was dramatic and shocking for Marseille in many ways. According to RTL, after Marseille’s home defeat to Caen last night, French winger Florian Thauvin was verbally abused and spat on by fans.

Thauvin is then understood to have proceeded to get out of the car before scuffling physically with one of his tormentors before getting back in his vehicle. Madness in Marseille, but will this combined with Bielsa’s shock departure force Thauvin to make a move elsewhere?

Last night was dramatic and shocking for Marseille in many ways. According to RTL, after Marseille’s home defeat to Caen last night, French winger Florian Thauvin was verbally abused and spat on by fans.

Thauvin is then understood to have proceeded to get out of the car before scuffling physically with one of his tormentors before getting back in his vehicle. Madness in Marseille, but will this combined with Bielsa’s shock departure force Thauvin to make a move elsewhere?

Some one email Tim

Some one email Tim

Done. Forwarded the David Thorne 'Spider Payment' email. He should get a chuckle out of that. 

Sorry if this has been posted already...From the Brum Mail http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/any-further-aston-villa-additions-9821064

Any further Aston Villa additions likely to be English, says Tim Sherwood

Aston Villa boss Sherwood has admitted that any remaining incoming transfers are likely to come from England

Tim Sherwood is targeting English players to top up his squad after admitting that he is unlikely to dip into the foreign market again this summer.

The Villa boss has tracked a number of homegrown stars in recent months but was forced to look abroad in order to get better value for money.

Idrissa Gueye, Jordan Amavi, Jordan Ayew and Jordan Veretout all arrived from Ligue One while Jose Angel Crespo checked in from Spain.

But if Sherwood decides that he needs further reinforcements before the close of the transfer window he will look closer to home to help balance the squad.

“Having English players (in the team) is crucial because we’re playing in a British league,” he said.

“That core of players is unbelievably important.

“I would say, if anyone was to become available now, they probably would be coming from the English market.

“No-one’s given an opportunity to English players more than me.

“I’ve looked around and we’ve tried to see who is the best value and who we can buy in the category we are looking for. A lot of the French boys tick the box. The English players were far too expensive.

“That’s not to say we’re not looking for English players.

“We’re looking for anything that can improve us. But at the moment how the market is, these French players are the ones who were value for money.

“They’ve got that level of experience at a very young age of playing competitive football.”

Sherwood is still interested in Tottenham’s Andros Townsend but it’s thought he’s not so keen on his team-mate Aaron Lennon.

The 46-year-old rates both Tom Carroll and youngster Josh Onomah but already there are five midfielders competing for places.

Villa may go back in for Albion’s Joleon Lescott but they will face stern resistance from the Baggies while Manchester United’s James Wilson is a loan option likely to be explored later this month.

As well as losing Fabian Delph and Tom Cleverley from the homegrown contingent this summer, the likes of Danny Ings, Joe Gomez, Tyrone Mings, Kieran Trippier, and Ben Gladwin all slipped through their grasp while Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton penned a new deal at Turf Moor.

In Saturday’s 1-0 win over Bournemouth Sherwood handed debuts to all four Ligue One arrivals as well as ex-Blackburn Rovers man Rudy Gestede.

The English players to start were captain Micah Richards, Ciaran Clark, Ashley Westwood and Scott Sinclair.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 1

Well thats a shame amidst the sorts of players we see our rivals linked with e.g Stoke, Newcastle and even bloody West Brom. 

I still keep my fingers crossed that there are more incomings to come as I really don't want us to get carried away with the win vs Bournemouth. I still think we're in for a very difficult season, exacerbated by the improvement of those lower mid table clubs around us.