Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I don't see anything there to suggest that if he were left to his own devices he'd just go and sign expensive, overrated British shit.

That's because there isn't.

Although to be fair Lexicon was bang on about Richards being a disaster at CB so maybe we should trust him on this one.

I don't see anything there to suggest that if he were left to his own devices he'd just go and sign expensive, overrated British shit.

That's because you added your own words there - 'expensive', 'overrated' and 'shit'.

Its not crucial though is it..... how many English players did Chelsea or city use to win the league the last few years.... probably less together than we used.

Edited by KSV

Its not crucial though is it..... how many English players did Chelsea or city use to win the league the last few years.... probably less together than we used.

I don't think it's crucial, no. I like having academy players coming through but it doesn't really matter where they're from in the grand scheme of things. 

You may incur some wrath for disagreeing with Sherwood, though, which seems to be the case at the moment. 

I don't think it's crucial, no. I like having academy players coming through but it doesn't really matter where they're from in the grand scheme of things. 

You may incur some wrath for disagreeing with Sherwood, though, which seems to be the case at the moment. 

It's nothing really to do with disagreeing with Sherwood though. You're making up things about him as fact. There's a difference.

• Like 1

I'll wait and see who we bring in before the end of the window before being fully critical but as expected we aren't looking likely to supplement the money we've recieved with any additional funds from Lerner.

IMO another £15 mil could make a massive difference. We already have the makings of a great squad, with great potential. Another 2 or possibly 3 good signings could and would strengthen us further.

I think we must accept that we are going with a central pairing of Richards and Clark. Okore is cover, along with Baker and/or AN other. LB is sorted but for me, I'm sick of the RB dilemma. Bacuna was (again IMO) the correct choice on Saturday however, the thought of him playing against United concerns me. We need to get this RB situation sorted-We can't go a season interchanging Bacuna and Hutton. Whilst good attacking RB's do not grow on trees, it would certainly improve us if we can find one.

I'm more than happy to go with what we have further upfield. Assuming the 2 French lads and Westwood will start, this leaves a good 7 or 8 options vying for 3 places, one of which must surely go to Gestede. We then have Gabby, Jack & Gil, Awye &, Sinclair fighting for 2 places which is both healthy and gives us options. £15mil spent on the defence takes us up another notch.

I have a suspicion that Sherwood sees Crespo as the answer to the right back problem. Once he's up to speed and match fit I expect to see him starting there regularly. Whether he is or isn't the solution remains to be seen.

Crespo may also be seen as someone who can fill in at centre back if needed too, so that area may also be seen as OK by the management.

I'm gonna hazard a guess that we only bring in Adebayor on loan and then make one other signing, probably to play wide right at the top end of the pitch.

Just can't see us spending beyond what we brought in.

It wasn't unfounded - he said:

“Having English players (in the team) is crucial because we’re playing in a British league,” he said.

“That core of players is unbelievably important.

“I would say, if anyone was to become available now, they probably would be coming from the English market.

“No-one’s given an opportunity to English players more than me.

Then I used some words like 'might have' and 'may have', which indicate a lack of certainty.

but Sherwood has said in the past that he learnt a lot about the European youth market when he was looking after Spurs Academy.  Those players are now early twenties and assume some of those players he watched back then are the players he has since brought

One simple part of that Birmingham Mail article tells me that it's mostly horseshit

The English players to start were captain Micah Richards, Ciaran Clark, Ashley Westwood and Scott Sinclair.

That would be our local paper giving one of our longest serving players the wrong nationality... Idiots

• Like 2

One simple part of that Birmingham Mail article tells me that it's mostly horseshit

The English players to start were captain Micah Richards, Ciaran Clark, Ashley Westwood and Scott Sinclair.

That would be our local paper giving one of our longest serving players the wrong nationality... Idiots
Not wanting to start a Grealish debate but Clark could quite easily be classed as English. In a nationality sense rather than in a footballing way.

What am I making up? Sherwood said those things, I said that they MIGHT indicate something. Get your facts right ffs. 

You absolutely implied that your belief is one that Sherwood "MIGHT" have gone down the route of O'Neill or Redknapp in purchasing English-based players - despite there being nothing to suggest this.  

Not wanting to start a Grealish debate but Clark could quite easily be classed as English. In a nationality sense rather than in a footballing way.

I think he is talking about Gabby.

That's because there isn't.

Although to be fair Lexicon was bang on about Richards being a disaster at CB so maybe we should trust him on this one.

In the only game that has mattered during Richards time here he was very good at Bournemouth

Have I missed something?

I think he is talking about Gabby.

Oops, I looked at the ones there in case I was making a mistake. I didn't even think of anyone not there.

Have I missed something?

Yes, you have. Look at the names listed, then check their nationalities, then view the results.

He says English players and English market 2 different things , I think in general with all the players from France coming in he needs players who are used to the league preference maybe for English but will take and nationality with Pre Exp.

Happy enough with signings but seems we are not going to spend much more meanwhile some other clubs ( Stoke 17mil € Shakiri) are still spending.