Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

And by the same token, Sherwood and Wilkins will no doubt drop Richards IF he's not up to the task. Especially once Okore is fit.

It's unlikely now that he is team captain. I do wonder whether playing him at CB will prove to be a Sherwood masterstroke, or whether we are staring at a shit-storm waiting to happen.

• Like 1

And by the same token, Sherwood and Wilkins will no doubt drop Richards IF he's not up to the task. Especially once Okore is fit.

It's unlikely now that he is team captain. I do wonder whether playing him at CB will prove to be a Sherwood masterstroke, or whether we are staring at a shit-storm waiting to happen.

They can still 'drop' him to RB. He may have been promised the chance to play at CB but if he's not good enough (I'm intrigued to find out) then he will be first choice RB.

• Like 1

Probably the good feeling on the back of Clark's new contract but I wouldn't now want us to replace him or Okore with a bigger name CB. If Senderos stays fit and Crespo an option then maybe we're done in this department.

We'll see whether Richards can adequately replace Vlaar at CB and as Captain. Thing is all we've done is replace 1 guy some liked and some didnt with a guy some like and some dont.

Senderos is certainly the key for me. If he can play a whole season like he did for 3 games at the start of last year then great. He surprised me in all honesty, I've never rated him. If he's just not into it or doing a Lord Lucan as some have suggested on here and elsewhere then sack him off and replace him. I still think we'll see Baker and Donacien leave on loan and a CB come in though if Okore is out till September then it makes sense making Burnley wait for deadline day to have Baker off us.

Probably the good feeling on the back of Clark's new contract but I wouldn't now want us to replace him or Okore with a bigger name CB. If Senderos stays fit and Crespo an option then maybe we're done in this department.

That would be very brave, and naive imo.

People need to move on with the whole Richards playing at RB thing. Every single time he's been interviewed he's said one of the reasons he signed for us was due to the chance given to play CB. Unless absolutely necessary he'll play CB for the foreseeable.

We'll be conceding a shed-load of goals then.
If we are going to base our season on pre season friendlies that we will be getting relegated. Thankfully pre-season is for fitness and are not competitive games.
It annoys me that we have to reiterate this every year

I'm not just basing this on friendlies - I'm basing it on the fact that he isn't a CB and IMO doesn't have the mental attributes to be one.

Fair enough but if Sherwood and Wilkins think he can play there then he must be capable? Or at least deserves a chance?

Okore is an accident waiting to happen, he was abysmal when he played at the end of last season

People need to move on with the whole Richards playing at RB thing. Every single time he's been interviewed he's said one of the reasons he signed for us was due to the chance given to play CB. Unless absolutely necessary he'll play CB for the foreseeable.

We'll be conceding a shed-load of goals then.
If we are going to base our season on pre season friendlies that we will be getting relegated. Thankfully pre-season is for fitness and are not competitive games.
It annoys me that we have to reiterate this every year
I'm not just basing this on friendlies - I'm basing it on the fact that he isn't a CB and IMO doesn't have the mental attributes to be one.
Fair enough but if Sherwood and Wilkins think he can play there then he must be capable? Or at least deserves a chance?

Okore is an accident waiting to happen, he was abysmal when he played at the end of last season

Doesn't that mean the accident happened? I didn't think he was that bad myself.

Not sure if its been mentioned. Stuart Pearce on Talk sport has us finishing 17 in his predictor below Watford. Cheeky fracker.

I'd be surprised if he ever gets another job as a manager in football again. His opinion and knowledge is worth less than my six year olds.

Not sure if its been mentioned. Stuart Pearce on Talk sport has us finishing 17 in his predictor below Watford. Cheeky fracker.

Given his record as a manager that cements top 7 for us

• Like 1

It's possible. We have been around the bottom for years now and I'm shocked that we haven't gone down yet with how bad we have played.

We have lost some big players and signed some raw unproven talent. Our defence looks terrible so I can see why people are putting us down there.

To be fair given the way we have preformed the last few seasons and the beatings we took at the end of last year it's understandable. Our defence also looks ropey to say the least and we have a lot of untested premier league players in the squad. It could go either way this season. I wouldn't be suprised if we are in a relegation scrap again this season