Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Actually not at all fussed about any more forward players. Yes it's exciting, but it's not a pressing concern. We desperately need a solid centre back. And not just cover, but a genuine leader.

• Like 2

Actually not at all fussed about any more forward players. Yes it's exciting, but it's not a pressing concern. We desperately need a solid centre back. And not just cover, but a genuine leader.

I have to agree, however the lack of any serious link (other than Lescott) is a little unnerving.

I have to agree, however the lack of any serious link (other than Lescott) is a little unnerving.

These.

The window doesn't close for a few weeks, but the new season is nearly upon us. There should be enough time to bring in some experienced and quality defenders, hopefully anyway before the end of the month. I would say that I hope we don't leave it until the last minute and panic buy, but Benteke was an 11pm fax machine job, and that turned out ok

even an experienced stop gap for the time being would be ok. A player like Distin or Fonte would have been decent, somebody to guide the others along and to organise them

even an experienced stop gap for the time being would be ok. A player like Distin or Fonte would have been decent, somebody to guide the others along and to organise them

Rather have Senderos than either of those two tbf.

I think we will concede 2 or 3 against Bournemouth and it will force his hand. Not that I want us to lose or concede loads. I just think that we got a bad draw for first game and it would have been the same for any team.

Who?

I'll be honest, I don't really want to see someone come in and stop the progression of Clark or Okore. I'd like both of them to play plenty of minutes this season. Sherwood has looked at the defence, we've signed a new back up keeper, tried to replace guzan and replaced half of the starting defensive unit.

I'd be happy with another crespo type to cover the loss of Baker and senderos but I don't expect more than that.

We could only dream of signing Fonte.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I don't really want to see someone come in and stop the progression of Clark or Okore. I'd like both of them to play plenty of minutes this season. Sherwood has looked at the defence, we've signed a new back up keeper, tried to replace guzan and replaced half of the starting defensive unit.

I'd be happy with another crespo type to cover the loss of Baker and senderos but I don't expect more than that.

clarke i know him for being a very rash in challenges and i think libor could vouch for that! too much of a liability seems to be always prone to doing something stupid.

okore i cant make  my mind up about him but for wat ive seen not much has stood out to impress.

we need to streghten this area as i think its the teams current biggest weakness and it would be a terrible shame because i do think that this squad could make there mark and it would be a huge let down if we didnt try to streghten and as a result conseded allot of goals!!

clarke i know him for being a very rash in challenges and i think libor could vouch for that! too much of a liability seems to be always prone to doing something stupid.

okore i cant make  my mind up about him but for wat ive seen not much has stood out to impress.

we need to streghten this area as i think its the teams current biggest weakness and it would be a terrible shame because i do think that this squad could make there mark and it would be a huge let down if we didnt try to streghten and as a result conseded allot of goals!!

Clark came on leaps and bounds last season, the injury to Libor happened a long time ago now.

Clark came on leaps and bounds last season, the injury to Libor happened a long time ago now.

yes i agree but even still i find a player like him could be replaceable i rate him to play alongside a key central defender or even be a back up 

you cant tell me that you think clark can be the inspiring centre back that is going to lead our defense and be the key player for that position.

your mad because i wouldnt even rate him as one of the top 20 defenders that are currently in the league....

okore i cant make my mind up about him but for wat ive seen not much has stood out to impress.

yes i agree but even still i find a player like him could be replaceable i rate him to play alongside a key central defender or even be a back up

you cant tell me that you think clark can be the inspiring centre back that is going to lead our defense and be the key player for that position.

your mad because i wouldnt even rate him as one of the top 20 defenders that are currently in the league....

I rate him, you don't. That's fine :) I think he will start most games this season.

okore i cant make my mind up about him but for wat ive seen not much has stood out to impress.

I rate him, you don't. That's fine :) I think he will start most games this season.

i have a current rating for him as a squad player!! and to be honest i really do hope i can look back on this conversation and say my god im an idiot clarke is the real deal but right now im doubtful thats going to happen!!