Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Be interesting to see whether we go for Pione Sisto if we miss out on Traore, both look very similar in that they are small, tricky, pacy, and raw as hell!!

However maybe the loan to buy is what attracted us to Traore as its not clear how much is left in the coffers for us so that could rule out a move for Sisto.

• Like 1

Been saying it for a few weeks on here now but I still think we should be looking at Ashley Williams. We could probably get him for about £10m which I know seems a lot for someone that turns 31 this month but he is proven, solid, experienced, knows the prem and is a leader (captain of Wales and Swansea). He should have 2 good seasons in him which would be enough time for Clark and Okore to learn a lot and develop under his guidance. We paid £10.5m for Curtis Davies 7 years ago so is £10m or even £12m a lot in todays market?

Also like Shawcross and Nkoulou. A combination of two from those three would fill me with a lot more confidence. We need a better keeper IMO as well. Someone who is more vocal and can organise/command his defence to stop a lot of these errors. We get ripped open at the back far too often as the defence is not organised. The lads need a good pair of eyes behind them that can see the whole picture and alert them when they are out of position. Not sure who that would be but it is definately an area we can improve on.

FWIW I do like Guzan but we can/should do better.

GOOD NEWS FOR SWANSEA!

Swansea captain Ashley Williams, who has been linked with a move to Crystal Palace this summer, has been speaking to Sky Sports News HQ at the Premier League launch and he’s had this to say about his future…

“I’ll be staying – the gaffer has come out and said that,” Williams said.

“I’m used to dealing with speculation – it’s just part of the job and I take it as a compliment. But I’m totally committed to Swansea and I think everybody knows that.”

Doh!

People need to move on with the whole Richards playing at RB thing. Every single time he's been interviewed he's said one of the reasons he signed for us was due to the chance given to play CB. Unless absolutely necessary he'll play CB for the foreseeable.

100% agree. People have already made their minds up about him. I saw some ridiculous post about preferring donacian to play ahead of him. He's been signed to be our starting cb this season, maybe we should let him actually fail before we want him replaced?

• Like 4

People need to move on with the whole Richards playing at RB thing. Every single time he's been interviewed he's said one of the reasons he signed for us was due to the chance given to play CB. Unless absolutely necessary he'll play CB for the foreseeable.

We'll be conceding a shed-load of goals then.

100% agree. People have already made their minds up about him. I saw some ridiculous post about preferring donacian to play ahead of him. He's been signed to be our starting cb this season, maybe we should let him actually fail before we want him replaced?

He does look highly likley to fail in that position though, so people looking for alternatives is only natural. The worry is that we don't seem to have many other options in that position. I think this will become apparent quickly, and we will get another CB in before the window shuts.

If we are going to base our season on pre season friendlies that we will be getting relegated. Thankfully pre-season is for fitness and are not competitive games.

• Like 4

I'd want another striker, don't think Kizak will feature much

No I don't - I wouldn't be surprised if he's off on loan somewhere shortly after the season starts. Shame I liked his goal celebrations....

If we are going to base our season on pre season friendlies that we will be getting relegated. Thankfully pre-season is for fitness and are not competitive games.

It annoys me that we have to reiterate this every year

• Like 4

Been saying it for a few weeks on here now but I still think we should be looking at Ashley Williams. We could probably get him for about £10m which I know seems a lot for someone that turns 31 this month but he is proven, solid, experienced, knows the prem and is a leader (captain of Wales and Swansea). He should have 2 good seasons in him which would be enough time for Clark and Okore to learn a lot and develop under his guidance. We paid £10.5m for Curtis Davies 7 years ago so is £10m or even £12m a lot in todays market?

Also like Shawcross and Nkoulou. A combination of two from those three would fill me with a lot more confidence. We need a better keeper IMO as well. Someone who is more vocal and can organise/command his defence to stop a lot of these errors. We get ripped open at the back far too often as the defence is not organised. The lads need a good pair of eyes behind them that can see the whole picture and alert them when they are out of position. Not sure who that would be but it is definately an area we can improve on.

FWIW I do like Guzan but we can/should do better.

GOOD NEWS FOR SWANSEA!

Swansea captain Ashley Williams, who has been linked with a move to Crystal Palace this summer, has been speaking to Sky Sports News HQ at the Premier League launch and he’s had this to say about his future…

“I’ll be staying – the gaffer has come out and said that,” Williams said.

“I’m used to dealing with speculation – it’s just part of the job and I take it as a compliment. But I’m totally committed to Swansea and I think everybody knows that.”

Doh!

Off to Man City then!

• Like 3

He does look highly likley to fail in that position though, so people looking for alternatives is only natural. The worry is that we don't seem to have many other options in that position. I think this will become apparent quickly, and we will get another CB in before the window shuts.

How on earth does he look likely to fail?

• Like 1

I don't even think he's been that bad (granted, only seen a couple of pre-season games).  He competes fantastically in the air and looks strong.  Has been at fault for a couple of goals, but I'm fairly sure that's more down to rustiness.

I feel fairly confident about Richards at CB this season.  Will definitely wait for a good few games before deciding it's an error.

• Like 2

I'm not just basing this on friendlies - I'm basing it on the fact that he isn't a CB and IMO doesn't have the mental attributes to be one.

• Like 1

I'm not just basing this on friendlies - I'm basing it on the fact that he isn't a CB and IMO doesn't have the mental attributes to be one.

Fair enough but if Sherwood and Wilkins think he can play there then he must be capable? Or at least deserves a chance?

Fair enough but if Sherwood and Wilkins think he can play there then he must be capable? Or at least deserves a chance?

And by the same token, Sherwood and Wilkins will no doubt drop Richards IF he's not up to the task. Especially once Okore is fit.

• Like 1