Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

They seem to know what our plans are at keeper, that these links to properly good players are just a smoke screen, that Benteke and Delph are leaving, that the potential takeover has fallen through. I can't work out where this info is coming from. I'm impressed.

Well from the past 4 or so years our highest transfer has been 7mill so i am judging on past experiences in the transfer window.

They seem to know what our plans are at keeper, that these links to properly good players are just a smoke screen, that Benteke and Delph are leaving, that the potential takeover has fallen through. I can't work out where this info is coming from. I'm impressed.

Well from the past 4 or so years our highest transfer has been 7mill so i am judging on past experiences in the transfer window.

So you're guessing. Others seem absolutely certain. They must be ITK.

I love how deals like mark bunn get done in about 2 his but anyone remotely OK takes 8 weeks and then we get beaten to the signature. Its as though we don't have the money isn't it? Stop talking about decent players and start looking at league 2 and the French 8th division lads, its gonna be a long season

Mark Bunn had no club so it required no negotiation about fee, he's english so he required no work permit, and he's probably got very low wage demands (relatively speaking) so contract negotiations wouldn't have taken very long.

Not to mention the fact that we have no idea how long the Bunn transfer took. He's been a free agent since May afaik.

Why do people get so worked up over scenarios they've invented?

#Wobble

• Like 1

Single most uninspiring transfer in our history. Next.

In all fairness it's not meant to be inspiring. It's a transfer intended to do a job - fill out our 2nd or 3rd string keeper position.

It does that adequately whilst removing 40k p/w from the payroll allocation currently set aside for goalkeepers (assuming Given does indeed leave like it appears).

That's over 2 million pounds saved a year. So whilst not inspiring in an immediate sense, these small but none-the-less wise moves when combined together may just be the things that allow us to make the more impactful moves (subsidising away fans ticket prices ala Swansea perhaps?)

• Like 2

Andy Marshall? At least Bunn is younger and we might be able to do some Bunn pubs with his name.

The White Bunn.

• Like 1

Andy Marshall? At least Bunn is younger and we might be able to do some Bunn pubs with his name.

The White Bunn.

The Queen's Bunn

The Two Bunns

The Red Bunn

The King's Bunn

The Ball and Bunn

• Like 1

Sky bet saying loads of bets come in on Rickie Lambert to join us.

Didn't he turn us down last season?

I don't think he did, I read a quote from him saying we left it really late and there just wasn't enough time to get the deal done. Personally I would be quite disappointed to sign Lambert now, I certainly wouldn't want him to be one of our main strikers and he would demand a far to big of a wage to sit on the bench all season.

Sky bet saying loads of bets come in on Rickie Lambert to join us.

Didn't he turn us down last season?

I don't think he did, I read a quote from him saying we left it really late and there just wasn't enough time to get the deal done. Personally I would be quite disappointed to sign Lambert now, I certainly wouldn't want him to be one of our main strikers and he would demand a far to big of a wage to sit on the bench all season.

I wouldn't want him either, he's a good striker and he'd fit our level perfectly but we have Kozak, who looks useful in the air on with his back to goal, that's Lamberts main talent, why reproduce it.

I guess if the fee is £30m and Lambert we couldn't complain but there are definitely better options out there. I will say though that signing an experienced old head has worked for us in the past and I think in those terms it wouldn't do us any damage.

Cant see much transfer businees happening whilst tims in portugal. Plenty of ground work will be for done for his return. I think that swiss striker amavi praet and a powerful centre half and ill be happy.

They even have lines to the home office.

I've worked out how you have managed to get to 26k posts.
By talking absolute bollocks for 11 years.

You be in good company for talking bollocks

• Like 1