Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Remember season starts very early this year. It is only ONE MONTH until kick off, to the day. That's probably why there has been earlier transfer moves by a lot of clubs.

We've brought in Richards on a free. We've nearly brought in Gueye hopefully. But with Benteke leaving the second Liverpool meet the figure (when, not if most likely) and Vlaar gone,  Delph looking to go and three or four other regulars already sold I'd say we need to stop being so relaxed about things! I'm getting increasingly concerned, last season hardly suggested we already didn't need considerable work on our squad.

This takeover business needs to be put to bed one way or the other ASAP. All smoke and mirrors. But hey we have a lovely new yellow away shirt by mr yellow tie man to hype

Big transfer news ....apparently signing Mark Bunn ex Norwich keeper

This is more like it.

why? He's 30 yrs old and wasn't even 1st choice keeper at Norwich

oh wait, see what you did there

Edited by VillanousOne

Big transfer news ....apparently signing Mark Bunn ex Norwich keeper

This is more like it.

why? He's 30 yrs old and wasn't even 1st choice keeper at Norwich
I meant more like the sort of signing we are used to. To go from bidding 8m for Begovic to signing Bunn on a free makes no sense whatsoever. We shall see if this is genuine or bollocks. Edited by jacketspuds

We have been linked to all these players for nearly 2 weeks and are supposed to be close to signing but how many have we signed bar a free and a guy who we had lined up in Jan. starting to think we arent in for any of them!

The guy we have agreed a fee for, agreed personal terms with and whom passed a medical? He will cost us £9,000,000 (if the press are to be believed). Work permit is holding that back, not us.

Its the eighth of July, plenty of time for signings. Cool your jets.

Thats my point. We have signed nobody. Its all talk at minute

Apart from the 2 guys we have officially signed, the guy we are awaiting a work permit for and the assistant manager. All talk apart from that.

Are you posting for effect?

A Free and a guy who we had sorted in Jan for 2.5mill. How come other teams don't seem to have a work permit issue like this one. Not setting the world alight considering there is nearly a new thread opened for a player we are after every day.

In reality we have spent 2.5mill. FACT. So are you replying for affect?

Teams have work permit issues all the time.

Deals often take time. Especially when you've just finished 17th, you have to work a little harder for them.

We've agreed a 9 million euro deal for the player. This has been confirmed by the manager. So when that goes through will your opinion change?

Its a start, but with the players going out, some who may turn out to be our best two players, we will need a hell of allot more. We even have to get a new keeper after tonight. Time is not on our side considering 6 odd weeks to start of league and we have no squad. Ive seen this farting about this past 3 years, getting sick of it.

So when we are heavily linked with very good players it's not enough, when players are linked with a move away it's taken at face value that they will go?

To be honest, with 6 weeks to go time is definitely on our side. We have signed 3 potential first team players, work permit told, and gotten rid of some dead wood and lost none of our own players so far. That's a good start, better than the majority of teams in the division and given the quality of players we are going in for it seems, expected.

If you want us to sign the usual tat then I'm sure those deals can be done quicker.

Sweet Jesus mark bunn! Says to me that's guzan as number one keeper, we know Sherwood doesn't rate him, with steer and bunn as back up. Have a feeling we've gone from takeover wonderland to panic grab anything we can stations here. I reckon we,ll hit the button in February this year hoping for the new manager bounce we are getting used to.

NOT six weeks til season starts - ONE MONTH.

Of course.

Ideally you want the big deals completed within the next couple of weeks I'll agree, with the season starting earlier than usual it puts more emphasis on time. But I don't think it's time to panic yet!

We DO have a squad.

Benteke leaving is pretty much certain, it's just when it happens. Odds must be 90%+

90%+ you say, £100 bet on that?

I'd love to be wrong! I'm not saying it for effect, I think everyone accepts it's incredibly likely. If I could afford to lose money then I'd gamble, but I don't gamble because I might be wrong. I wouldn't gamble if it was 99% either, it's always a gamble unless you know. Who on here is confident he's staying?

Who do you reckon this years Joe Coles going to be lads? I reckon we are gonna go back in for hoolohan toward the end of august once Lerner's milked the ticket sales on the possibility of praet etc. Guarentee by the end of this window benteke and likely delph will have gone and we will have have spent at least 5 mill less than we get for them on incoming transfers.

Edited by daz316

Who do you reckon this years Joe Coles going to be lads? I reckon we are gonna go back in for hoolohan toward the end of august once Lerner's milked the ticket sales on the possibility of praet etc. Guarentee by the end of this window benteke and likely delph will have gone and we won't have well have spent at least 5 mill less than we get for them on incoming transfers.

:lol:

• Like 1

Who do you reckon this years Joe Coles going to be lads? I reckon we are gonna go back in for hoolohan toward the end of august once Lerner's milked the ticket sales on the possibility of praet etc. Guarentee by the end of this window benteke and likely delph will have gone and we will have have spent at least 5 mill less than we get for them on incoming transfers.

Wobble

• Like 1