Cleverley

Given

Vlaar

Bent

Weimann

Helenius

Luna

Stevens

That's a fairly decent chunk of wages off the weekly bill so far!

+ Sinclair

+ Richards

+ Gueye

+ Bunn

• Like 1

It's starting to look like we will have a very thin squad come the beginning of the season unless we start getting some bodies in. We seem to have a lot of injury problems (although I somewhat think that was down to whatever Lambert had them doing in training)?

It looks like we will need to have a few squad players as well as starting XI, unless Sherwood is looking to bring through a few of the under 21's.

We have loads of players.....3 left backs, 3 right backs.....4 centre backs with Richards in either category....plenty of midfielders.

The problem is half of them aren't good enough/are too knackered for premier league know but numbers isn't a problem, quality is.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

That's mental really, with the rest (Weimann was on £35k with £14k appearance fee) your looking at probably another £60k too.

So £260k

- Sinclair £35k

- Richards £65k

- Gueye £40k 

We've reduced it by £120k. (Although i guess we were paying Sinclairs last season weren't we). 

Really, so a bloke who could barely trap a footballer got 50k everytime he came on as a sub.

Got to love premier league finances. No wonder the foreign players can't believe their luck when they sign for English clubs.

Apart from Vlaar and Cleverley we haven't lost anyone who you'd class as a 1st team regular. Most weren't even at the club. We have replaced both of these (I'm including Gueye ) and Given with probably a net profit and lower wage bill. So it's so far so good for me. Wages have been the main reason we couldn't spend now it's under control we can especially with the new TV deal and extra sponsorship. It's blatantly clear we aren't paper thin but we still need improvements.

Was at the Aberdeen match Vs some Macedonia team in Europa League quals tonight. Villa's chief scout sitting in front of me.

He didn't see much quality but I would presume he was up having a look at Ryan Jack (Westwood Similarities). Don't think anything will come of this but was hugely surprised being a massive Villa fan seeing him at Pittodrie.

• Like 1

Can see Bennett, Cissokho going as well maybe Zog if a club crazy enough to take him

I can see 3 or 4 young players getting called up and given game time and add to squad

Was at the Aberdeen match Vs some Macedonia team in Europa League quals tonight. Villa's chief scout sitting in front of me.

He didn't see much quality but I would presume he was up having a look at Ryan Jack (Westwood Similarities). Don't think anything will come of this but was hugely surprised being a massive Villa fan seeing him at Pittodrie.

Just signed a new contract and is now their club captain I believe?

Not sure if he's captain/new contract. Ryan Jack is only a presumption as often linked with move south of border. I quite like Shay Logan, attacking right back. But yeah after watching the game tonight can't see our chief witnessing anything too worthy of a move but you never know. I guess the odd squad player with potential is never off the cards…

• Like 1

Just signed a new contract and is now their club captain I believe?

So could it be that we were watching Rooney (Adam rather than Wayne) if not a  Shkendija player? 

Aberdeen are having a good spell but look at their squad and a lot of it is cast offs....that Rooney guy who scored 20 + goals last season and was nominated for player of the year barely played for SHA. Logan who you mentioned struggled to get a game for Brentford.

The SPL is total dog standard. A few years back Walsall had a striker called Sam Parkin who was beyond awful, could barely move...got a transfer to St Johnstone and he starting scoring regularly.

How did you know he was a Villa scout btw, did he have a nametag?

As much as I rate Adam Rooney for Aberdeen would be a terrible signature for Villa. I like Nial McGinn but again he's NI international and wouldn't get a game at Villa.

As Villa Chris said SPL is the Pitts. I can only imagine it being Ryan Jack… early 20's, can't be far off call up for Scotland.

When a massive Villa fan sees a guy in the directors box with a Villa gilet on and a notepad at the most randomness of stadiums, one has to investigate. Chief Scout at Villa… don't know name but will try and find a picture and post.

Not sure if he's captain/new contract. Ryan Jack is only a presumption as often linked with move south of border. I quite like Shay Logan, attacking right back. But yeah after watching the game tonight can't see our chief witnessing anything too worthy of a move but you never know. I guess the odd squad player with potential is never off the cards…

Tonev doesn't. 

• Like 1

Tonev doesn't. 

Logan really isn't that good. Remember him at Brentford and didn't come across as an intelligent footballer. He's found his level I reckon, and seems to be doing well for Aberdeen!

I read recently that Herd is out of contract but still training with the squad as TS is giving him the opportunity to earn a new contract, so he's not gone gone quite yet.