Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think we should be in for players like Praet. We've got a belgian international here and we can guarantee play time. We're also in the best league in the world (or so they say) and we're committed to building a proper team and not **** about with relegation anymore. So I dont think it's unrealistic if he came here but obviously there will be other interest. 

Edit - forgot to add the fact that we've been in a final. 

Edited by tomh621
  • Like 1

The problem is players will look at the table and think useless and survived by the skin of their teeth. They'd fear signing a four year contract and being stuck in the second tier. We need to improve gradually, once we have a mid table finish under our belts we'll be able to nab a higher level of player.

Still the ambition is good and you don't get if you don't try.

• Like 1

http://www.turkish-football.com/aston-villa-target-ogulcan-caglayans-new-team-to-be-announced-today-or-tomorrow/

''Oğulcan Çağlayan future will be decided by the end of the week according to Kayseri Erciyesspor’s President Ziya Eren.

“Talks between clubs interested in him [Çağlayan] are on-going,” Eren was quoted as saying by Futbol Arena.

“I believe his transfer will be completed today or tomorrow.”

Lat week we reported that Aston Villa had launched a surprise bid for Erciyesspor’s Çağlayan according to turkish-football.com sources.''

I'd hope we get this guy. He looks good to me, especially at 19. 

Eibar confirmed late on Thursday its second signing for the 2015-2016 season. This is the left back Antonio Luna, arriving from Aston Villa and is committed for two seasons. Luna, born in Son Servera (Mallorca) and raised in Seville, is 24 years old and started his career at Sevilla, whose discipline belonged between 2008 and 2013, although in the last two seasons played on loan at Almeria and Mallorca.

http://sdeibar.diariovasco.com/noticias/201507/09/antonio-luna-eibar-20150709215400.html

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Eibar confirmed late on Thursday its second signing for the 2015-2016 season. This is the left back Antonio Luna, arriving from Aston Villa and is committed for two seasons. Luna, born in Son Servera (Mallorca) and raised in Seville, is 24 years old and started his career at Sevilla, whose discipline belonged between 2008 and 2013, although in the last two seasons played on loan at Almeria and Mallorca.

http://sdeibar.diariovasco.com/noticias/201507/09/antonio-luna-eibar-20150709215400.html

discipline is definitely a word to describe Luna defending

• Like 1

O.k so permanent then, a few euros for him at least?

A shame, thought we'd signed a gem after that Arsenal game with the chant and everything but it quickly became clear it was another low punt player who wasn't good enough to show consistant form.

Amazing how Sherwood/Fox are managing to actually shift all of these players. Whereas Lambert/ Faulkner loaned every single one of them out and kept putting off the fact that they aren't good enough to be contracted to us. 

Amazing how Sherwood/Fox are managing to actually shift all of these players. Whereas Lambert/ Faulkner loaned every single one of them out and kept putting off the fact that they aren't good enough to be contracted to us. 

maybe he is honest with them in saying they have no chance of getting games instead of creating a demoralising bomb squad

Difference is bomb squad players were earning 30-50k a week so best you can do in those situations is loans.

With the cheap and cheerful signings I always said it wouldn't be a problem to move them on due to the low costs.

Difference is bomb squad players were earning 30-50k a week so best you can do in those situations is loans.

With the cheap and cheerful signings I always said it wouldn't be a problem to move them on due to the low costs.

*cough* Shay Given :)