Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

http://www.turkish-football.com/aston-villa-make-e5m-bid-for-besiktas-defender/

Aston Villa have made a €5 million bid for Beşiktaş defender Alexander Milosevic according to Fanatik.

The Turkish sports newspaper claim that the Black Eagles are considering the offer but are yet to make a decision over the future of the Sweden U21 international.

Beşiktaş signed Milosovic for €1 million in January but he missed the second half of the league campaign with injury.

The Swedish international of Serbian origin joined Beşiktaş from AIK during the winter transfer window but broke his foot soon after making the transfer.

The powerful defender created two assists and scored three goals in 28 appearances for AIK this season before his move to Turkey.

Beşiktaş have had a busy transfer window selling last seasons top scorer Demba Ba for €14 million to Chinese giants Shanghai Shenhua.

Ba scored a career high 27 goals in all competitions for the Black Eagles last season.

The Istanbul giants have also sold 21-year-old defender Atınç Nukan to Red Bull Leipzig for €5 million.

http://www.turkish-football.com/aston-villa-make-e5m-bid-for-besiktas-defender/

Aston Villa have made a €5 million bid for Beşiktaş defender Alexander Milosevic according to Fanatik.

The Turkish sports newspaper claim that the Black Eagles are considering the offer but are yet to make a decision over the future of the Sweden U21 international.

Beşiktaş signed Milosovic for €1 million in January but he missed the second half of the league campaign with injury.

The Swedish international of Serbian origin joined Beşiktaş from AIK during the winter transfer window but broke his foot soon after making the transfer.

The powerful defender created two assists and scored three goals in 28 appearances for AIK this season before his move to Turkey.

Beşiktaş have had a busy transfer window selling last seasons top scorer Demba Ba for €14 million to Chinese giants Shanghai Shenhua.

Ba scored a career high 27 goals in all competitions for the Black Eagles last season.

The Istanbul giants have also sold 21-year-old defender Atınç Nukan to Red Bull Leipzig for €5 million.

That is decent shout IMO. Might mean there could be more departures at centreback?

Without Vlaar, we've got Clark, Baker, Senderos, Okore and maybe Richards if he isn't playing RB.

If we're going for a 3 at the back system, maybe getting another in isn't such a bad idea. I think Senderos might be off too, I don't think Sherwood rates him.

Without Vlaar, we've got Clark, Baker, Senderos, Okore and maybe Richards if he isn't playing RB.

If we're going for a 3 at the back system, maybe getting another in isn't such a bad idea. I think Senderos might be off too, I don't think Sherwood rates him.

Yeah Senderos was the one I was thinking about. 

With 3 at the back if we end up with Milosovic though we'd have 2 pacy centrehalfs in Okore and Richards and then Clark and Milosevic who could play in between them. Baker is strange one for me, I don't think he is fast enough to be one of the outside centrehalfs nor do I think he is commanding enough to be central.

Strange really as I rate Baker.

I think he'd be fine in a back 3 but those three - Okore-Clark-Baker in any combination, seem to me be lacking a bit of leadership. Clark stepped up a lot last season but I don't know if that'd translate to the other two. It's also a little short of experience too, you'd like to see someone who's about 30 there. Like Vlaar or Senderos.

I think he'd be fine in a back 3 but those three - Okore-Clark-Baker in any combination, seem to me be lacking a bit of leadership. Clark stepped up a lot last season but I don't know if that'd translate to the other two. It's also a little short of experience too, you'd like to see someone who's about 30 there. Like Vlaar or Senderos.

I've heard Vlaar is available on a free.... ;)

@BroadcastMoose: Also looks like @E_Adebayor is on his way to @AVFCOfficial as @SpursOfficial continue their summer sale including Chiriches,Soldado, Fazio

Oh dear lord...

That has to be a wind up surely

The links to all these players, without any coming in, makes me wonder if they are all dependent upon the sale of Benteke. Is it coincidence that Liverpool haven't met the buy-out clause, as mentioned in so many areas, whilst they still have Sterling on the books? I cannot help but feel that we are awaiting Sterling's exit from the scousers, followed by Benteke's exit to them, in order for us to purchase the players we are linked with.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Adebayor on something like a 2 year deal? Sherwood managed to get a lot out of him and he does have a lot of ability.

Yes I imagine you are mate...  He is trouble, absolutely everything about him is wrong.  Entering the twilight of his career, only cares about picking his his wage, comes with so much baggage he is more likely to destabilise the team than add anything, has zero resale value, would blow our hole in our wage budget / structure, i could go on and on...  The fact that Spurs are (allegedly) willing to subsidise some of his wages to get him out of the club should set alarm bells off.

Too many of these clowns in the game, yeah on their day they look world beaters, but more often than night they are useless and simply a drain on the club.

I'm sure Liverpool felt the same way about Balotelli and he has way way more upside than Adebayor, but the sad truth is many of these players are more interested in 'being' footballers than actually playing football.

I would fell both sick and violated if he joined us, massive massive step backwards.  We should be focusing on finding younger players with real hunger and desire, that want to play and want grow and improve.  Lets go out and find a 25 yo Adebayor who wants to make a name for himself, i.e. Wilfried Bony or Benteke types.

• Like 3

@BroadcastMoose: Also looks like @E_Adebayor is on his way to @AVFCOfficial as @SpursOfficial continue their summer sale including Chiriches,Soldado, Fazio

Oh dear lord...

I doubt Sherwood is that much of an idiot.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Adebayor on something like a 2 year deal? Sherwood managed to get a lot out of him and he does have a lot of ability.

Yes I imagine you are mate... He is trouble, absolutely everything about him is wrong. Entering the twilight of his career, only cares about picking his his wage, comes with so much baggage he is more likely to destabilise the team than add anything, has zero resale value, would blow our hole in our wage budget / structure, i could go on and on... The fact that Spurs are (allegedly) willing to subsidise some of his wages to get him out of the club should set alarm bells off.

Too many of these clowns in the game, yeah on their day they look world beaters, but more often than night they are useless and simply a drain on the club.

I'm sure Liverpool felt the same way about Balotelli and he has way way more upside than Adebayor, but the sad truth is many of these players are more interested in 'being' footballers than actually playing football.

I would fell both sick and violated if he joined us, massive massive step backwards. We should be focusing on finding younger players with real hunger and desire, that want to play and want grow and improve. Lets go out and find a 25 yo Adebayor who wants to make a name for himself, i.e. Wilfried Bony or Benteke types.

see I don't think I would mind him joining either. Sherwood got something out of him, there is no doubt he has talent and young, eager Bentekes out there are rare. Clubs like us generally have to take risks on players like this to have a bit extra talent in their squad.