Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Guidetti with the right manager could be a good player IMO.

Im not sure, had one good season at Feyenoord in a weak division but never really impressed

Im not sure, had one good season at Feyenoord in a weak division but never really impressed

I'm not sure either but he definitely has talent. I think he needs to play more than we'd be able to offer though.

Don't want Guidetti, I'd much rather Austin even for £15m. If we get Gueye and a left back then we need a quality striker and an attacking midfielder and we are sorted imo, this is based on us only losing Benteke.

I'm not sure either but he definitely has talent. I think he needs to play more than we'd be able to offer though.

I have read he is on the verge of signing for Celta Vigo so I doubt he was on our radar anyway.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/158704/john-guidetti-in-vigo-to-finalise-celta-move/

Don't want Guidetti, I'd much rather Austin even for £15m. If we get Gueye and a left back then we need a quality striker and an attacking midfielder and we are sorted imo, this is based on us only losing Benteke.

I'd quite like to see Austin here too, but we haven't been linked with him for a while now (except for Richards suggesting him as a replacement for Benteke) and quite a number of clubs have so I doubt we will be the ones that land him. 

I'd argue we need all of that even if benteke stays (which I think is still a possibility by the way)

• Like 2

I love how deals like mark bunn get done in about 2 his but anyone remotely OK takes 8 weeks and then we get beaten to the signature. Its as though we don't have the money isn't it? Stop talking about decent players and start looking at league 2 and the French 8th division lads, its gonna be a long season

Say Senderos goes, would anyone say Van Dijk would be worth a bid? I guess we're well stocked in defence but if we do go mostly for a back 3 of Clark, Okore and Richards I do not fancy them all to stay fit and I equally don't expect Baker to avoid a series of head injuries throughout the season. Think he'd be a Centre Back that has potential to be decent at this level and not made of glass

Along with him, if we're replacing Guzan, which I'd guess could still potentially happen, I'd take Vorm, or 1 of Romero and Khune. Both experienced international keepers who will be on lesser wages at previous clubs and available on a free. Also, both been in successful sides so would fit the "winners" criteria.

Hope Amavi happens, if not then I'd desperately like us to go for Willems, not linked to anyone big in papers, but he's talked about playing in the prem previously and said he'd be keen to move on to a new challenge. If we've got €9mil to spend on a LB then I'd rather it went on this guy.

After that, if Praet doesn't come in, I think we should be looking at Napoli for an AM option. They have 5-6 class players who all play there and I'd imagine they'd all want to be starting games. Hamsik, Mertens, Callejon, Insigne, Gabbiadini, De Guzman. Surely they aren't all gonna be kept happy? With a new coach and ideas I think it's well worth having a look

Say Senderos goes, would anyone say Van Dijk would be worth a bid? I guess we're well stocked in defence but if we do go mostly for a back 3 of Clark, Okore and Richards I do not fancy them all to stay fit and I equally don't expect Baker to avoid a series of head injuries throughout the season. Think he'd be a Centre Back that has potential to be decent at this level and not made of glass

Along with him, if we're replacing Guzan, which I'd guess could still potentially happen, I'd take Vorm, or 1 of Romero and Khune. Both experienced international keepers who will be on lesser wages at previous clubs and available on a free. Also, both been in successful sides so would fit the "winners" criteria.

Hope Amavi happens, if not then I'd desperately like us to go for Willems, not linked to anyone big in papers, but he's talked about playing in the prem previously and said he'd be keen to move on to a new challenge. If we've got €9mil to spend on a LB then I'd rather it went on this guy.

After that, if Praet doesn't come in, I think we should be looking at Napoli for an AM option. They have 5-6 class players who all play there and I'd imagine they'd all want to be starting games. Hamsik, Mertens, Callejon, Insigne, Gabbiadini, De Guzman. Surely they aren't all gonna be kept happy? With a new coach and ideas I think it's well worth having a look

I think Van Dijk would be a good signing for us. Seems to have a presence about him, which we have lacked since Mellberg and Laursen left/retired.

I would like to see the below happen...

IN - Amavi, Praet, Gueye, Van Dijk, Austin

If Benteke leaves we should look to bring in another ST and possibly a Winger. 

• Like 1

I love how deals like mark bunn get done in about 2 his but anyone remotely OK takes 8 weeks and then we get beaten to the signature. Its as though we don't have the money isn't it? Stop talking about decent players and start looking at league 2 and the French 8th division lads, its gonna be a long season

We've not been beaten to any signature of any player linked at the moment.

Bunn was released by his club so there was no negotiation required with the club regards fees and all that stuff - just a matter of agreeing terms with him (and agent) and sign.

With the others there's more factors but let's forget them as those factors are irrelevant aren't they.

I think Football Manager has given the impression you just press a button and job done - real life is not like that. 

The other signings could be that the selling club is holding out for more money or agent and player are wanting a better deal or other factors we don't know about (like permits!)

If there was no news and we signed players without any news whatsoever then there'd be complaints about no money - no players coming - relegation here we come until the press release to say they have signed.  (weven then there'd be some dismissing the player even before a game has been played)

I'm glad we do our business with respect not like other clubs who use the media to unsettle a player and try to con US out of money.

Just my rant - fed up of no football and I need an outlet to release my boredom!

They seem to know what our plans are at keeper, that these links to properly good players are just a smoke screen, that Benteke and Delph are leaving, that the potential takeover has fallen through. I can't work out where this info is coming from. I'm impressed.

• Like 1

Hear from a pretty reliable source that Idriss Gueye has a release clause that is triggered if and when Tim Sherwood loses a bet to Pete Colley. 

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 4