Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Danny ings latest comments about wanting to go somewhere to play first team football and having a manager who can coach and develop him make me think that we could be a possbility if we were after him. Depending on if Benteke leaves.  

Ings is about our level, and he needs to come to a club where he will play week in week out.

He would make a mistake going to a Ure kind of team.

Talksports Alan Brazil and Ray Wilkind were talking about Ings a couple of months ago, and both said a team like Villa should be where he goes to,

I really should read my posts sometimes!

I meant to say Ings would be an upgrade on Weimann and that would be the sort of signing/squad upgrade that would encourage that maybe one of these seasons we might actually finish in the top 10 again.

• Like 1

Daily Star reporting that United will big £25m for Benteke. Now this is most likeky bs, but if it were to happen then we should take them to the cleaners as we know they have many many millions to spend. Also, I'd be so upset if he joined them, don't think I can handle the pain of seeing him bang them in for fun for them scum.

Daily Star reporting that United will big £25m for Benteke. Now this is most likeky bs, but if it were to happen then we should take them to the cleaners as we know they have many many millions to spend. Also, I'd be so upset if he joined them, don't think I can handle the pain of seeing him bang them in for fun for them scum.

Who does Sheffield United think they are?
I was thinking more like Leeds United.

If Luke Shaw cost them £32mil and unknown's like Herrera at the time around £25mil then Benteke has got to be worth at least £35mil+

We sold Ashley Young pretty cheaply to them a few years ago, if they seriously want Benteke we should ask a lot more.

If Luke Shaw cost them £32mil and unknown's like Herrera at the time around £25mil then Benteke has got to be worth at least £35mil+

We sold Ashley Young pretty cheaply to them a few years ago, if they seriously want Benteke we should ask a lot more.

We will. He is one of the best strikers in the world, it should be the highest fee we receive for selling a player.

Herrera was far from unknown but in terms of the prices quoted I agree.

Edited by sexbelowsound

We are linked with Adebayor in the sun.. Won't post link as it's on Sun+ which i don't have... but have the ITV.com link

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-19/rumours-tim-sherwood-agrees-to-sign-spurs-striker-emmanuel-adebayor-ings-warns-man-united-and-liverpool/

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has agreed to sign Spurs outcast Emmanuel Adebayor if a compromise can be reached on wages (Sun)

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/19/tt-report-aston-villa-boss-plotting-adebayor-reunion-on-one-cond/

According to a report in The Sun, Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood is looking at signing Tottenham Hotspur striker Emmanuel Adebayor on loan this summer, on the condition that a deal can be struck over his wages.

The Togo international striker has barely featured for Spurs this season under boss Mauricio Pochettino, with his last Premier League start coming in November.

As a result, many questions have been posed over his future and reports of interest from fellow London-based side West Ham United have appeared in papers such as the Mirror.

While he continues to command what is widely acknowledged to be an over-inflated wage packet, Spurs find themselves in a pickle regarding their out-of-favour striker and they appear keen to move him on this summer.

However, potential suitors may be put off by Adebayor's financial demands and Villa are said to be looking at a deal on the single condition that a compromise can be struck.

“Tim Sherwood is plotting a raid on Tottenham for striker Emmanuel Adebayor. The Aston Villa boss will attempt to land him on loan next season if a deal can be struck over wages,” The Sun report.
Edited by Villan4Life