Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

They're under no pressure to sell cheap though

Townsend, Austin, bolasie all £15m+ players, which is crazy really

Think I said in the spurs thread we buy Townsend for £15m they go out and buy depay for a couple of million more, much better player

If QPR go down then I think they'll need to sell some players, won't they? Because of sanctions and constant losses and what not?

Also, someone mentioned Sandro. That won't happen as Sherwood and him didn't get along at Spurs, I don't think.

I'd be happy with Sinclair, Cleverley and 2 more in, a striker and Vlaar's replacement. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what Sherwood makes of the returning loanees.

I don't see him as the type of manager who will simply be told "they were poor under Lambert so we should sell them". I think he'll want to see them himself and see if they can contribute under his instructions.

In my opinion, Bennett, Helenius, Sylla and Gardner aren't done here. (Tonev and Luna... maybe).

• Like 1

If QPR go down then I think they'll need to sell some players, won't they? Because of sanctions and constant losses and what not?

Also, someone mentioned Sandro. That won't happen as Sherwood and him didn't get along at Spurs, I don't think.

I'd be happy with Sinclair, Cleverley and 2 more in, a striker and Vlaar's replacement. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what Sherwood makes of the returning loanees.

I don't see him as the type of manager who will simply be told "they were poor under Lambert so we should sell them". I think he'll want to see them himself and see if they can contribute under his instructions.

In my opinion, Bennett, Helenius, Sylla and Gardner aren't done here. (Tonev and Luna... maybe).

I really hope Helenius and Gardner get another chance and Kozak comes back stronger.

Nothing against Bennett or Sylla but I think they are long shots, Helenius probably is to but for some reason I think Sherwood could get something out of him.

Yeah Spurs won't get £15m for Townsend. He's no where near worth that much. If we're going to buy Sinclair for £2.5m then Townsend has to be worth very similar.

However, we all know Spurs won't sell that cheap, I think about £8-£10m is probably fair for him.  

He's an English international, the market will be further inflated and we are talking about Daniel Levy. They'll be getting £10m at minimum. I'd be dismayed if we even enquire about him to be honest. As said, not particularly than someone like Sinclair.

• Like 1

England international and a media favourite, and spurs have no reason to sell other than to use the money to buy someone else we'd be looking at £15m easily, this is a world where berahino is meant to be a £20m player

As for QPR I'm not sure how the sanctions will impact their transfer policy, do they refuse to sell Austin because he will get them goals and pretty much their only hope of promotion, do they sell him cheap because they are desperate for cash or do they sell him higher because they need cash but not desperately

Tim Sherwood at Rochdale vs Swindon.

CClF7zOUgAEEK3N.jpg

Answered in this thread as more relevent. We've been linked to a Swindon player today - with ex-Spurs links! Coincedence?

Huw Bonello

FOX SPORTS

April 14, 2015 10:16AM

2 COMMENTS

Premier League Goals of the Week: Rd 323:30

MASSIMO Luongo is a man in demand. Total Swindon Sport reports that four Barclays Premier League clubs - Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, West Ham United and QPR – are interested in signing the midfielder at the end of the season.

The Socceroos midfielder admitted he’ll likely be on the move from the third-tier sooner rather than later, telling SBS: “Obviously if I keep doing what I’m doing here, I probably know for myself I won’t be here next year”.

“I don’t think many people would like to hear that, but it’s probably fair to say that it’s time for me to move on.”

The links to Villa and QPR are understandable. Villains boss Tim Sherwood coached the 22-year-old through Tottenham Hotspur’s academy, and current Rangers boss, Chris Ramsey, was Sherwood’s assistant at Spurs during Luongo’s time there.

http://foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/massimo-luongo-Premier League-the-premier-league-teams-that-want-aussie-socceroos-star-roo-radar/story-e6frf4l3-1227303001906

England international and a media favourite, and spurs have no reason to sell other than to use the money to buy someone else we'd be looking at £15m easily, this is a world where berahino is meant to be a £20m player

As for QPR I'm not sure how the sanctions will impact their transfer policy, do they refuse to sell Austin because he will get them goals and pretty much their only hope of promotion, do they sell him cheap because they are desperate for cash or do they sell him higher because they need cash but not desperately

Another possibility at QPR is Matt Phillips - similar style player to Townsend but looked much more impressive against us recently and would be considerably cheaper.

• Like 1

I know it's fashionable to make sarcastic comments about him being the next big thing for England, but I think Townsend is a good player and would become a big fans favourite if we were to sign him. I'd expect there to be a lot of competition for his signature.

Another possibility at QPR is Matt Phillips - similar style player to Townsend but looked much more impressive against us recently and would be considerably cheaper.

Both came up against Richardson at left back recently....

... but only 1 of them took full advantage.

We don't need to be signing players just because they've had a good game against us. Has Philips been all that good in his career? He's flavour of the month at moment but I can't remember him being all that impressive,at least not as good as Townsend. I can imagine Andros ending up at somewhere like Southampton or West Ham.

Townsend hasn't been good at all for the majority of his time at Spurs. Southampton were interested last summer, were quoted £12m and wisely looked elsewhere - ending up with Mané on deadline day.

not denying we are after Luongo but I think Sherwood is mates with Swindon chairman as he was linked with that job when he bought the club so he wsa probably just going to meet his mate