Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Adebayor is making well over 100k a week. I don't think he will accept a 1/3 of that to come here and honestly I'd rather have Kozak who clearly loves playing for Villa and is not solely driven by money. 

Aston Villa keeping tabs on Cordoba striker Florin Andone and battle West Bromwich Albion to sign Wolves winger Bakary Sako

• Aston Villa have sent scouts to watch Cordoba striker Florin Andone
  • The Romanian has been the bright spark for La Liga's bottom side 
  • Bakary Sako and Tom Carroll are also another targets for Tim Sherwood 

Aston Villa are chasing Cordoba striker Florin Andone.

The 22-year-old Romanian has scored six goals in 16 games for the struggling Spanish side who are rooted to the bottom of La Liga.

Although born in Romania, Andone moved to Spain when he was 12. He was only promoted to the senior team in December and has since made an impression being called up to the Romania national side.

Villa scouts have been alerted to his progress and the club has opened talks with a further meeting planned next week.

Andone is valued at around £6million but Cordoba's relegation may lead to them taking less.

Villa are also rivalling West Bromwich Albion for Wolves winger Bakary Sako.

Besiktas and Dinamo Moscow have also made approaches for the 26-year-old who is on around £25,000 a week at Molineux but is out of contract in June. Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll who has been on loan at Swansea up until his ankle injury is another potential target for manager Tim Sherwood.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3046937/Aston-Villa-keeping-tabs-Cordoba-striker-Florin-Andone-battle-West-Bromwich-Albion-sign-Wolves-winger-Bakary-Sako.html

If Benteke, Vlaar, Sinclair and Cleverley sign this summer we would have had a great summer but that would only leave us standing still.

Big rebuild job needed at villa if we are to improve. our injuries this season have highlighted how thin we are regardless of the bad luck timing.

Those 4 signing contracts, Bamford/Ings, Mings, Hughes, return of Gardner and Robinson would leave us with a fairly healthy squad.

John Cross from The Mirror claims Sako is joining on a free transfer.

Aston Villa set to complete free signing of Wolves star Bakary Sako at end of season

Wolves striker Bakary Sako is set to join Aston Villa on a free transfer this summer.

Sako has been offered a move across the Midlands and he will choose Villa ahead of West Brom who are also in the hunt.

Mali international Sako has spearheaded Wolves’ push for promotion from the Championship and his form and performances have brought admiring glances.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood is keen to strengthen their strike force and will pounce as soon as the transfer window opens this summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-set-complete-free-5556087

Sako's been linked with us ever since Wolves went down in 2013.

My Wolves mate says he's very much like CNZ, some games he's hopeless and then he'll bang in a free kick from 30 yards and be great from then on. From what I've seen of him I agree.

I think despite his recent good form we'll be open to offers for N'zogbia in the summer which will free up wages, not sure it should go on Sako.

Yes, Zog is a good comparison.

Sako is probably a more powerful runner, but doesn't quite have the technical ability Zog sometimes shows.

Be a lovely signing on a free though, and on probably a third of Zog's wages.