Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Benteke signed a 5 year deal at the beginning of the season...

Pretty sure he's only got 2 years left on his current deal at the end of this season mate....

He signed a 4 and half year contract in 2013 so I assumed that meant til 2018. 

If Sherwood is in charge of the signings I expect he'll sign a load of overpriced English based tat, MON style. I know he doesn't have any track record making signings but he just seems like that type of manager who won't look abroad and will instead pay over the odds for English players and players with a poor attitude that he thinks he can get the best out of.

It's as valid an opinion as any other I suppose. He does hate foreigners, like Benteke, Vlaar, Grealish and Bacuna.

When did he sign those players?

Like I said it's just speculation but he seems like the type of manager that would sign players like Joey Barton or players who are hard workers but don't have any skill. Hopefully it won't be the case.

Bacuna has been a regular after being frozen out previously and he's the very definition of hit and miss.

This is a myth. Bacuna wouldn't be playing if Hutton was healthy. Sherwood has done loads right, obviously, and deserves much credit. But I don't understand crediting him for Bacuna (who should be playing regularly, somewhere on the pitch).

I think he's handled Bacuna reasonably well though - he could have dropped him for Lowton after a poor performance or two, but he stuck with him and this seemed to give him the confidence to up his game somewhat.

This please Tim

Massimo Luongo

Patrick Roberts

Steven Caulker

Viktor Fischer or Davy klassen

Depending on kozak's return to fitness and form or if he suffers a setback I'd take Adebayor on a free (on subsidised wages only)

This please Tim

Massimo Luongo

Patrick Roberts

Steven Caulker

Depending on kozak's return to fitness and form or if he suffers a setback I'd take Adebayor on a free (on subsidised wages only)

Wow.

This please Tim

Massimo Luongo

Patrick Roberts

Steven Caulker

Wow.

Ok maybe slightly delved into the football manager zone

- Sign Cleverley, Sinclair and Sako on free transfers.

- Offer Vlaar a new contract on (only slightly) improved wages.

- Offer Benteke a new contract, but if he doesn't sign it, keep him for next season anyway.

- Try to sell Lowton, N'Zogbia, Tonev & Luna.

- Offload the freebies: Bent & Herd etc.

- Then....

Offer James Milner a bumper contract and signing on fee to come back to his second home!

Imagine a midfield diamond, with Milner in the deeper role, Cleverley to his right, Delph to his left and Grealise at the tip! Energy, creativity, strength in the tackle and goals from the lot of them!!

I would offer Milner all of Bent's and Lowton's wages combined, if it meant I got to see that combination of Englishmen in midfielder.

/fantasyworld.

:(

I'd offer Milner free reign over my ring piece to come back to Villa*.

​*Subject to terms and conditions.

Edited by adw95
  • Like 2

- Sign Cleverley, Sinclair and Sako on free transfers.

- Offer Vlaar a new contract on (only slightly) improved wages.

- Offer Benteke a new contract, but if he doesn't sign it, keep him for next season anyway.

- Try to sell Lowton, N'Zogbia, Tonev & Luna.

- Offload the freebies: Bent & Herd etc.

- Then....

Offer James Milner a bumper contract and signing on fee to come back to his second home!

Imagine a midfield diamond, with Milner in the deeper role, Cleverley to his right, Delph to his left and Grealise at the tip! Energy, creativity, strength in the tackle and goals from the lot of them!!

I would offer Milner all of Bent's and Lowton's wages combined, if it meant I got to see that combination of Englishmen in midfielder.

/fantasyworld.

:(

I didn't Grealise that was his name....

• Like 4

I think Everton trying to offload Barry in summer

is it being too nostalgic? only issue I have with him is he gets too many yellow cards

I think it is. He has maybe 20 games a season in him now and let's face it he's fat and very, very slow. If he looked after himself better he could have had a longer career but there's a reason Everton are trying to offload him (2 years left on his deal IIRC).

If Sherwood is in charge of the signings I expect he'll sign a load of overpriced English based tat, MON style. I know he doesn't have any track record making signings but he just seems like that type of manager who won't look abroad and will instead pay over the odds for English players and players with a poor attitude that he thinks he can get the best out of.

It's as valid an opinion as any other I suppose. He does hate foreigners, like Benteke, Vlaar, Grealish and Bacuna.

When did he sign those players?

Like I said it's just speculation but he seems like the type of manager that would sign players like Joey Barton or players who are hard workers but don't have any skill. Hopefully it won't be the case.

Bacuna has been a regular after being frozen out previously and he's the very definition of hit and miss.

This is a myth. Bacuna wouldn't be playing if Hutton was healthy. Sherwood has done loads right, obviously, and deserves much credit. But I don't understand crediting him for Bacuna (who should be playing regularly, somewhere on the pitch).

In the context of the quoted discussion, he has stuck with Bacuna over the Englishman Lowton. I was not necessarily giving him "credit" for this. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

The Daily Mail are reporting that we are going in for Massimo Luongo of Swindon.

I watched him in the Asian cup here in Oz and I was impressed so if it's true then I'm happy with this one.

As a Swindon fan, I think it's highly likely he'll end up with you next season. 

• Like 2

I think Everton trying to offload Barry in summer

is it being too nostalgic? only issue I have with him is he gets too many yellow cards

Too nostalgic sadly, I'd rather have Westwood playing now. 

The Daily Mail are reporting that we are going in for Massimo Luongo of Swindon.

I watched him in the Asian cup here in Oz and I was impressed so if it's true then I'm happy with this one.

How highly do you rate him?

Can you give us a bit of a rundown on the guy please?

Can you give us a bit of a rundown on the guy please?

Lively attacking midfielder with a good eye for a pass. He absolutely bosses the midfield quite often at this level. He was awarded the best player of the Asian cup recently, he's somewhat the 'darling' of Australia at the moment. Apparently before leaving Spurs, where he was with Sherwood, Sherwood wanted him to stay on but Luongo chose to join us because Spurs had so much strength and depth in midfield at the time and he wanted games. 

We rejected a 2.5M bid for him in January so he'll likely go for 3-4M, Although Tim Sherwood and Lee Power (our owner)are close friends so there's on knowing what deal might be struck. 

• Like 3