The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I came to the conclusion that he blames his players to cover himself because he did.

I'm asking this as I genuinely don't know - How often did he do this publicly and when? We have the Chelsea thing, I'm right behind him on that. On what other occasions? Is there evidence for this that you can present to me? 

Genuinely intrigued. 

• Like 1

Would have much preferred an interim appointment to try & keep us up, then a longer look at the managerial field in the summer. But given they wanted to make a long tern appointment now, Sherwood is about the only sensible choice.

I thought he was quite good when in charge of Spurs, so I have some hopes he'll be OK for us.

Just get Benteke firing again and linking well with Gil, and we will all love ya, Tim.

Just had a bizarre thought.

Sherwood keeps us up (making hay along the way).

Big Sam leaves Wet Spam at the end of his contract.

Gulible & Mold look for "Landaner wih attackin flayer an abili-e innit?"

Sherwood goes a hero

Sam comes a God

Well, no matter what we think Sherwood is obviously highly regarded in the game.

Reminds me a lot of John Gregory. Lets hope he starts his tenure off in the same way Gregory did, 11 wins in 13 games....

• Like 2

Interesting to read that Friedel believes he has the ability to manage at the top level after his Spurs time.

Was brad still at Spurs/plying under sherwood

yeah he is still at Spurs, maybe could come back as assistant :)

I won't boo him and he is the new Villa manager but I have a bad feeling about this. Rushed too quickly into getting  a new manger- had another week to play with, and appoint a guy with  5 months work experience sounds insane. Looking into the history books I think he is the most inexperienced Villa manager since Dick Taylor in 1964- which then led to relegation in 1967.

I hope my gut instinct is wrong and he is another John Gregory type one-of-the-lads managers but he knew Spurs and had a good squad to work with last season. He has neither at Villa.

Massive gamble and we could have got better surely?

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Just had a bizarre thought.

Sherwood keeps us up (making hay along the way).

Big Sam leaves Wet Spam at the end of his contract.

Gulible & Mold look for "Landaner wih attackin flayer an abili-e innit?"

Sherwood goes a hero

Sam comes a God

very bizarre

Horrible appointment but need to get behind him now and hope against hope that he can maintain our PL status

Quicker Lerner is out of this club the better

On a minor point - is 14 wins in 28 games a 50% win rate not 60%?

• Like 1

Welcome Tim 'Marmite' Sherwood to the best football club in the world.

I look forward to once again seeing my team playing with pride, zest and passion in the badge.

And don't be shy with the mallet on the time wasters.

Â