The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

We still need to know if he'll be in charge for tomorrow's game?

Why do you need to know? You might like to know but you don't need to know.

Just let it happen, we have no control but should give him 100% support now that he is in post.

**** hell talk about pedantic.

We still need to know.

Why do you need to know? You might like to know but you don't need to know.

Just let it happen, we have no control but should give him 100% support now that he is in post.

**** hell talk about pedantic.

We still need to know.

Get a life.What will be will be. Just support the team.

Who said I wasn't going to do that? I already said that I'll support Sherwood.

There really is no need for pathetic personal attacks, especially over something as silly as saying "we need to know". I'm detecting a lot of irony.

Agreed. It was a silly thing to say which is why I commented.

I hope the honeymoon period lasts more than a couple of games because when the results dip and the players are obviously still trying it's going to get real nasty, real quick.

Based on what?

While the players deserve flack it'll be fine. When they continue to get flack to cover Sherwood playing them out of position, having little idea how to set them up or relay instructions things will unravel quickly. See Spurs.

Did it unravel? In their last 6 under Sherwood they won 4 drew 1 and lost 1. Scored 15 conceded 7

• Like 2

Well I'm in the camp of not being massively thrilled as I always felt he was a massive bell during his time at Spurs. Also I'm amazed we've brought someone in with virtually no management experience bearing in mind the position we are in.

However none of the names being thrown around were filling me with much faith. I'm feeling we've put ourselves in panic mode and it may well be too little too late.

Nonetheless I am Villa through and through and he is our manager so will have my full support. I honestly have no idea if he'll be a disaster or superstar, that's the thing when you flip a coin.

• Like 1

At Spurs he gave youth a chance, got Eriksen playing better than AVB did and had Adebyor a kick up arse that woke him up

transfer Eriksen for Gil and Adebayor for Benteke and we could be in good hands

• Like 2

Reminds me of when we appointed Gregory. Lets hope he makes the same impact.

This.

Tim Sherwood is the closest thing to John Gregory since he left. I personally loved our time under Gregory. The football was hit and miss, but he spoke his mind, got the job done, and the team was moderately successful. We certainly weren't the joke that we are now and have been since Gregory left (other than the MON years).

For all those that are saying that they don't like Sherwood's personality, I think we need someone with arrogance (like Gregory had), who is prepared to fall out with "big name" players if needs be.

I'm genuinely excited about this, and think this could be the beginning of something a bit special over the next few years.

Come on Tim prove everyone wrong. String a few results together with some goals, and everyone will be behind you very quickly.

I just don't get the comparison. Sure they were both happy to talk freely but when Gregory made a mistake he owned it, when Sherwood made a mistake he still blamed his players.

I don't get how people think they know what this guy's character is based on 4 months....if he hasn't proven he's been a success because 4 months isn't long enough, then by the same token to can't have proven he is a rocket polisher or blames his players etc. after 6 months.

The guy has a bit of personality, has worked at a top premier league club for a long time, has played at the highest level for years and won things, and is highly regarded by others in the game. I havn't heard one pundit say that they think he would be bad appointment for any club, in fact most think he is a breathe of fresh air.

With regards to that interview he gave when he called out some of the Spurs players for not having enough passion, I didn't think there was anything wrong with that. If Lambert had come out and said that about some of our players e.g. Gabby, people would have been loving it and giving him a pat of the back.

The way I see it, we need 4 wins and maybe 2 draws and we will be safe. Possibly 3 wins and 3 draws will do it this year, as the teams at the bottom are so poor.

• Like 4

They said on the radio that he'll be in the stands tomorrow. 

Maybe he'll do a little video message. Winker.

Hopefully should motivate the players then.

Agreed. It was a silly thing to say which is why I commented.

What was so silly about it? It's something that people say. In light of some of the comments in this thread I find it odd that you picked that comment of all things.

• Like 1

This will go one of two ways.

He will keep us up - do average, then leave for a lesser london club.

Why would he leave for a lesser club?

well he already managed Spurs and turned down QPR and Palace so probably Leyton Orient or Barnet be next after us

I probably wouldn't have chose him, but as I said I didn't really care he we got. It just needs to work. Important it was done quickly and it has been.

It was always possible with him being at our games recently. Which gives 2 possible reasons; this has been in the process for a little while or he was like a Vulture waiting for the kill. Whichever it is, he has being preparing for this possibility. Watching our games and assessing what he thinks we need to do. Lets hope he's got a plan, which no doubt he has, he's gone in with and spoke to Villa 'prepared' and it's got him the job. Which as a positive, which other candidate has prepared as well as this for the job?(excluding work experience)

Also on the whole bringing through youth at Spurs thing which we want to do here. The only players anywhere near are Grealish and Robinson. Jack has a big chance and Robinson is a big maybe for me. The rest of the youth team is pretty pants at the moment no where near the level of previous years.

Edited by villaglint

3 Year contract means nothing. I still think it could be till the end of the season. Sherwood could be highly compensated for keeping us up, then we then can bring in Allerdyce or whoever the board really wanted.

If he keeps us up, I will consider him to have done a very good job, and would be happy for him to continue, assuming he's got a decent assistant in place....

Not even a little bit happy about this appointment.  I will hope for the best now the deed is done, but I will be anticipating the worst.  I fear the 2 ring circus of Lerner and Krulak, just became a 3 ring circus.

Also on the whole bringing through youth at Spurs thing which we want to do here. The only players anywhere near are Grealish and Robinson. Jack has a big chance and Robinson is a big maybe for me. The rest of the youth team is pretty pants at the moment no where near the level of previous years.

Suliman is very highly rated so that's potentially another player to break through

Â