The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Uninspiring and reeks of a panicked appointment to me. What's Sherwood done to warrant this so called experience he has of managing a Premier League team? He didn't even last a year at Spurs.

Did we even look elsewhere? We put ourselves in a weak bargaining position, hence the three year contract. Of course I hope he makes me eat my words and I'd be ecstatic to do so, but I wasn't a fan of the Lambert appointment and I'm not a fan of this one either. Just seems to be more proof of the board not having a clue.

• Like 3

I

Underwhelmed would be overstating my thoughts

Improvement over the useless twonk he has replaced.

Let's at least wait and see before we make comments like this...

I'll be amazed if we average less than 0.6 points a game and less than 0.5 goals a game for the rest of the season.

4 out of the 6 games Sherwood lost in the league with Spurs were against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. He did lose some of them heavily but that seemed to be recurring theme last season even under AVB. They also had the Europa League which is always a distraction. So it wasn't all bad.

His record with Spurs is excellent, sample size or not. I don't really see how this is being augued with.

He's a **** prick, but he's our prize prick now.

Agree 100%. He has a personality. which Lambert was lacking and comes across as a great motivator. Time will tell.

Horrible appointment but need to get behind him now and hope against hope that he can maintain our PL status

Quicker Lerner is out of this club the better

On a minor point - is 14 wins in 28 games a 50% win rate not 60%?

Your maths are perfect. I assume this post is unrelated to Tims record at Spurs.

The biggest criticism is that he seems to have an ego. What a crime that he believes in himself! 

He'll demand more from the players and ship out the players who have been coasting for a while. 

• Like 2

my only worry is that if things continue the way they are the fans will be straight on his back and i think he will struggle with that.

would be idiotic of any fan to get on his back this season.

Unless we're celebrating winning the FA Cup then it would be quite reasonable ;)

my only worry is that if things continue the way they are the fans will be straight on his back and i think he will struggle with that.

would be idiotic of any fan to get on his back this season.

Indeed. The fans on the whole are a very patient lot so I can't see that happening.

Mental...... This is a complete crap shoot. An appointment as baffling as Mcleish.

The comparisons to Gregory seem to overlook the fact that JG was managing in the lower leagues for around ten years prior to the Villa post. He knew the job.

Sherwood has comparatively no experience of making the most of a poor group of players. No experience keeping a team up. No experience getting a team promoted after going down. No experience what so ever.

Crazy crazy appointment...... But probably very cheap.

• Like 3

The contract thing is a bit of a non starter. If you are bringing in a permanent manager and not just a first team coach looking after the side it has to be a minimum 2 to 3 year contract- or it is suggesting the board don't trust their judgement. I will suspect there will be certain break clauses to it as well- including relegation which must be about 50/50 at present.

If he was called Timi Sherwooddi he would be hailed as a tactical genius, as big Sam might say.

It does seem like a bit of a panic move and confirmation that we won't be spending much money in the foreseeable future, but taking a chance on a young English manager is laudable if there really was some thought put into it rather than it just being a cheap option.

Â