The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I came to the conclusion that he blames his players to cover himself because he did.

I'm asking this as I genuinely don't know - How often did he do this publicly and when? We have the Chelsea thing, I'm right behind him on that. On what other occasions? Is there evidence for this that you can present to me? 

Genuinely intrigued. 

I'll ask me Dad as he'll remember better examples than me. Off the top of my head the Albion game they ended up drawing where they were completely overrun in the middle because of poor initial team selection he blamed the effort(although the did rescue a point eventually). Liverpool game too he got it wrong in the middle and blamed the players attitude. If I remember right when the wheels started to come off and the pressure started to build he quit the touchline and decided to sit in the stand. The one that sticks in my mind is when a journo questioned him for only going with the same 11 once in about 20 games and still not knowing his best team... he blamed the players for not standing out enough.

Edited by flamingsombrero

in the mood im in as well

Tim had a fantastic career at Tottenham, not only in his brief spell as first-team manager but, just as importantly, in the role he played in developing young talent.

"We are determined to build a football operation with a long-term vision and a commitment to youth development.

"We strongly believe Tim has the qualities to get the best out of our current squad and help us build and develop for the future."

anyone else reading that as we got him because he's going to have to use the youth team because we're giving him **** all money

• Like 2

No doubt already posted:

Tim Sherwood appointed new Aston Villa boss

Tim Sherwood has been appointed manager at Aston Villa, signing a contract at the club until summer 2018.

Villa sacked Paul Lambert on Wednesday after a winless run of 10 league games in which they scored just two goals.

Sherwood, 46, replaced Andre Villas-Boas as Tottenham manager in December 2013 but was sacked at the end of last season and has been out of work since.

"It is a great honour to manage one of the biggest clubs in English football," said Sherwood.

"I can't wait to get started and I'm really looking forward to the challenge."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31470606

in the mood im in as well

Tim had a fantastic career at Tottenham, not only in his brief spell as first-team manager but, just as importantly, in the role he played in developing young talent.

"We are determined to build a football operation with a long-term vision and a commitment to youth development.

"We strongly believe Tim has the qualities to get the best out of our current squad and help us build and develop for the future."

anyone else reading that as we got him because he's going to have to use the youth team because we're giving him **** all money

Nope.

The biggest criticism is that he seems to have an ego. What a crime that he believes in himself! 

He'll demand more from the players and ship out the players who have been coasting for a while. 

Totally agree! The players have been having it easy at this club for too long. Lambert constantly shielded them. He gave them two days off for their efforts after the Hull game! It is time a manager upped the ante. Lets hope Sherwood isn't so sympathetic. 

I came to the conclusion that he blames his players to cover himself because he did.

I'm asking this as I genuinely don't know - How often did he do this publicly and when? We have the Chelsea thing, I'm right behind him on that. On what other occasions? Is there evidence for this that you can present to me?

Genuinely intrigued.

I'll ask me Dad as he'll remember better examples than me. Off the top of my head the Albion game they ended up drawing where they were completely overrun in the middle because of poor initial team selection he blamed the effort(although the did rescue a point eventually). Liverpool game too he got it wrong in the middle and blamed the players attitude. If I remember right when the wheels started to come off and the pressure started to build he quit the touchline and decided to sit in the stand. The one that sticks in my mind is when a journo questioned him for only going with the same 11 once in about 20 games and still not knowing his best team... he blamed the players for not standing out enough.

You've noted twice now that the wheels fell off. Only they won 4, drew 1 and lost 1 of his last 6 after that Liverpool game, which there responded to by winning their next game 5-0 IIRC. One of those 6 was the West Brom 3-3. Scored 15 conceded 7 in that time.

Genuinely intrigued.

You've noted twice now that the wheels fell off. Only they won 4, drew 1 and lost 1 of his last 6 after that Liverpool game, which there responded to by winning their next game 5-0 IIRC. One of those 6 was the West Brom 3-3. Scored 15 conceded 7 in that time.

This is what i don't get.

If he was so bad and so poor with the players surely spurs wouldn't have finished the season strongly, surely it would have got worse the longer he was there.

Â