The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

So will he be in the dugout against Leicester tomorrow then

Pete Colley (SSN) said he'll be in the stands.

I'm gonna call it now.

We're losing at HT and playing poorly.  Sherwood will take over at that point, we end up winning and benteke and sherwood share a salute that lasts for minutes.

Most are happy, some see it as a clear sign that his ego will destroy us.

Classic Sherwood.

Followed by him punching a player.

Or his gilet. 

sherwrnj5d.gif

I think he was just really, really hot

• Like 3

All the players low on confidence lately shoud get a lift from this, namely our chief goalscorer, so this appointment is coming at a time when we can still save our season without depending on other clubs faltering.

Welcome Tim. I find some of the anger on here puzzling. It's not like he would have been many people's top pick, but he's hardly had a disastrous start to his managerial career. 

Anyway, whatever happens, we must never lose sight of the fact that we seemed to be heading down without a whimper under Lambert - whether this change is enough to arrest the slide, who knows, but it was absolutely necessary to try something different. 

• Like 1

Welcome Tim, not my first choice but I really hope beyond hope that you turn us around and are a success and become a villa legend. However, I'm not getting excited at all, we are still run by utter utter buffoons so I see no reason to be overjoyed at the moment. But that aside, like I said before, welcome and prove me wrong.

UTV.

I'm gonna call it now.

We're losing at HT and playing poorly.  Sherwood will take over at that point, we end up winning and benteke and sherwood share a salute that lasts for minutes.

Classic Sherwood.

5ce5b8a5cd666d794ed358fd344cbcaa_zpsb9ed

• Like 1

I'm gonna call it now.

Classic Sherwood.

Or his gilet. 

sherwrnj5d.gif

I think he was just really, really hot

c18.gif

• Like 3

Glad its been sorted so quickly. He was my pick from the beginning. Looking forward to a rejuvenated Benteke and a totally different Villa than we saw under Lambert. I believe he helped a lot with the development of Kane and Mason so hopefully he won;t be afraid to give our own academy players a go. 

We nearly signed him as a player under Gregory now we have him as a manager. The very best of luck to him! He'll need it

Looking forward to seeing how it goes with Sherwood at the helm. I'm actually excited by the development, something which I haven't felt for years as a Villa fan! 

• Like 3

I can't say that Sherwood was who I was hoping we'd appoint but in truth given our circumstances I genuinely can't name any other manager that would be available and interested who wouldn't represent a risk of some sort.

Sherwood doesnt have that much managerial experience but I'll take his premier league knowledge and leadership qualities over say a championship manager, a foreign manager (with no Premier League expereince) or the likes of Curbishley... I think he'll be able to fire up the squad, keep us in the prem and hopefully kick on from there.

I don't mind a vocal manager with an "ego" in fact it'll be a nice change from Lambert's lacklustre attitude, though I do think a lot more has been made of his previous comments than is warrented.

I'm right behind Sherwood now he's signed up and dare I say it, hopeful that most of us are underestimating his ability and he'll actually move us back in the right direction during his time at VillaPark.

Good luck Tim!

Â