The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Any news on whether he'll be in the dugout tomorrow? Possibly too early i'd imagine.

I expect he'll just be watching in some capacity

Given his personality, if we are losing at half time, he will probably leave his seat in the stands and go take charge of the dressing room! 

I had a dream last night that we got Sherwood and drew 3-3 at Stoke.

I need to stop drinking.

Are you sure it wasn't something stronger? Villa scoring 3 goals is pretty far fetched! 

• Like 1

I had a dream last night that we got Sherwood and drew 3-3 at Stoke.

I need to stop drinking.

Are you sure it wasn't something stronger? Villa scoring is pretty far fetched!

Fixed that for you pal.

• Like 1

60% win ratio is a manipulation of stats at best.

Plenty of that undet Lambert so all good.

Lambert's gone.

Just saying 'he has a 60% win ratio' gives no idea of context. How many games? How many losses? Goals for/against? Etc

60% sounds amazing but a 30-35% loss ratio and the sample size being 4 months of football and it's not as impressive as it sounds.

• Like 1

The team spirit in our camp is, and has been for a while, quite high. I can imagine if Tim disappoints just one player, then the whole of the squad aren't going to be very happy. Potentially disastrous but now it is complete we have to support him otherwise we will be plummeting down the leagues.   

How can you say the team spirit is high?! 

Our team is pathetic, the players give up after going one goal down most of the time. As far as I can see, the players morale is terrible and they were hiding behind their support of the previous manager, who was taking all of the flack. There is nowhere for them to hide now.

• Like 2

Welcome Tim.

Jesus Christ I can't believe I'm having to say that.

So our short list was:

1. Tim Sherwood

2. Tim Sherwood

3. Tim Sherwood

I hope and pray Tim keeps us in the premiership and he doesn't piss off the entire fan base and playing staff with his mouth.

But in all honesty i think this will be an unmitigated disaster and will spell the end of our premier league status.

And as for the statement by Fox and Lerner " highly sought after" oh do piss off.

We don't deserve to be in the premier league.

• Like 1

Reminds me of when we appointed Gregory. Lets hope he makes the same impact.

This.

Tim Sherwood is the closest thing to John Gregory since he left. I personally loved our time under Gregory. The football was hit and miss, but he spoke his mind, got the job done, and the team was moderately successful. We certainly weren't the joke that we are now and have been since Gregory left (other than the MON years).

For all those that are saying that they don't like Sherwood's personality, I think we need someone with arrogance (like Gregory had), who is prepared to fall out with "big name" players if needs be.

I'm genuinely excited about this, and think this could be the beginning of something a bit special over the next few years.

Come on Tim prove everyone wrong. String a few results together with some goals, and everyone will be behind you very quickly.

I just don't get the comparison. Sure they were both happy to talk freely but when Gregory made a mistake he owned it, when Sherwood made a mistake he still blamed his players.

Lambert's gone.

Just saying 'he has a 60% win ratio' gives no idea of context. How many games? How many losses? Goals for/against? Etc

60% sounds amazing but a 30-35% loss ratio and the sample size being 4 months of football and it's not as impressive as it sounds.

The quote was "60% win ratio at spurs"... No manipulation at all.

What a bizarre argument.

• Like 1

Lambert's gone.

Lambert's gone? Really?

If Sherwood wins 60% of his games between now and the end of the season I'll be happy. Regardless of the other stats for each game.

• Like 1

Â