The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I can't be too harsh on him. I wasn't pleased when he was appointed but we stayed up and played some great football last season and for that alone he was a good appointment.

Sold down the river a bit with some of the transfers this summer - and the lack of a quality striker, whoevers call that was, is criminal - but he's tactically very naive and is still quite obviously learning his trade.

If we have any hope at all of staying up this term we need someone a bit cannier. 

I wish him all the best. He should take a Championship job next and work his way up. 

• Like 2

I actually don't know what he is talking about there and I truly believe that football management is a job that's made to look very difficult task by complete thickos.

I honestly think with half a brain, it's pretty straightforward.

this is one of the most retarded things ive read on this site. I bet youre paying for your coaching badges right now so that you can go earn yourself a couple mil£ in a straight forward job. Or is it too simple for you? Being a football manager is ridiculously hard and you have literally 0 idea what it involves. I bet you dont even know how to take a training session do you which is managment 101. you come across as the "complete thicko" here tbh.

yes I do know how to take a coaching session thank you very much.

Well the next obvious step is to do an AVB. Do a match report (obviously a game with westwood in it), say your standard "westwood is bad, pass ball sideways too much, not enough forward". Send it to a few teams to show your elite simple knowledge of the game. And very quickly rise your way through the ranks of the over-complicating complete thickos to earn yourself a few milly £ a year taking AVFC to mid table. 

But im going to guess you will just stay on message boards saying how simple things are without having a scooby.

Never said anything was simple. Merely said that I believe it's a lot more straightforward than its made out to be.

Also, I don't remember saying that I was capable of doing it which you seem to have used against me here. Tho if I had the specific qualifications ie uefa pro license etc then I would be a lot more able.

I happen to have numerous qualifications and experience around the skill of coaching and maximising individuals potential. Not in football, but the fundamentals of coaching don't change. Good planning and organisation, good communication, sound demonstrations, SMART goal setting and positive feedback. Build those into any skill/topic and you won't go far wrong. 

Sure there are coaches out there who are better than others SAF obv and Arsene Wenger are on a different level to most. But then you get a lot of decent managers who just keep it simple. Sam alladyce for example. You also get some complete tools like sherwood or Paul Merson (who I've witnessed take a training session fwiw) who just don't imo, have the half brain which is required. 

On another note, delighted to be wrong about sherwood stopping. Hope I'm wrong about the standard of player too. 

As others have said thanks for keeping us up last season Tim and it is a shame it didn't work out in the end. I think even the most experienced tactical genius of a manager would have a tough time getting this crop to start winning games so the flaws Tim has simply got shown up very quickly.

I now live in fear of what the powers that be can or will attract to this club. We need a proper manager now but I just can't see one daring to set foot here if he doesn't want relegation on his CV.

• Like 1

cant say im that fussed really. huge gamble to appoint him in the first place. Brief reign in the end as I have to say I expected, but mostly harmless and some fun along the way. Funny how the same players seem to be just as good or bad as they have been under every manager. Surely you'd start wondering if the players are actually up to the job but ahhh a boy can dream. New manager it is then. I assume I can look forward to seeing more Nzogbia as the new man has a look at him...... yawn.

All I really wanna add is I'm so glad we aren't now lumbered with Adebayor as a result of this folly.

Hope we have Moyes or Rodgers lined up. If not its gonna end really badly.

Arrogance was his biggest trait, I never wanted him at the start but he won me over with the West Brom games.

Started to look limited at Southampton when he played a high line and Koeman took advantage of his tatical naivety, he had a chance to change it during the game and never, same in the final and more worryingly against Burnley, which was a dreadful result at the time.

After his tactical change cost us the game against Leicester I think it was only going one way and I suspect Tom Fox started to look elsewhere then, I would have.

Thanks and good luck Tim , you can't really moan to much, especially after waiting in the gallows for Lambert to fail 

I actually liked the bloke and have no animosity towards him what so ever. In fact, I thank him for keeping us in this division and a great day out at Wembley. It is a shame how results transpired but the players need to shoulder some of the blame for that. Every team, perhaps Man Utd and Man City aside would suffer losing Benteke and arguably Delph so I do feel for him. I think we should be careful when lambasting him because he may have signed and nurtured players that could be the foundations of a successful team in the future. Having had a quick look Jack Grealish, Gary Gardner and Rusian Hepburn Murphy have all expressed their upset and gratitude so he must of done something right for them. I think the club leaking the two game or sacked story was in bad taste but lets hope they redeem themselves with the right appointment. Whoever it be lets get behind him.

Thanks and good luck Tim.

This...

Good riddance.

I would say the worst manager I've seen at Villa, but I don't think he really counts as he barely qualifies as being a manager.

Crap at his job and a bell end to boot. So glad he's gone.

...more than this. He kept us in the league when I was certain we'd go down so I wouldn't say he's the worst manager we've ever had at Villa (which is surely McLeish as he made beige paint seem exciting). But he was very out of his depth and unduly sure of himself. He also said a lot of the wrong things about the players. But the players did indeed seem to like playing for him.

On balance he had to go and he was a bit poisonous by the end. However, for his efforts last season when he first came in he doesn't deserve quite the level of attack he's getting now.

• Like 2

Yes  the only thing that bothers me is the name calling and general abuse he gets on here. He doesn't deserve that. Ultimately the results weren't good enough this season but from what i gather he didn't have much say in the recruitment of players and some of players bought are just not fit enough for the Premier League. 

Thank you for getting us to Wembley twice and keeping us in the Premier League last season. Good luck to his successor

• Like 1

Can I just say, on Oct. 18 this appeared on Villa Talk? From ... yours truly? And yes, it was pointed out then he'd been getting some discussion last spring ... but still ... it had been a while? If he does get signed, I'm going to credit myself with having made my first possibly perfectly non-stupid post. :P

Quick question:

Why is this manager unemployed?: Speaks French! Probably Spanish, too -- perhaps unlock some of the new youngsters?

RÉMI GARDE
Rémi Garde
www.olweb.fr
Date of birth: Apr 3, 1966 in L'Arbresle  France
Nationality: France  France
Current function: free agents

Date of birth: Apr 3, 1966
Place of birth: L'Arbresle  France
Nationality: France  France
ø term as coach: 3,03 Years
Points per match as manager: 1,76
Success rate as coach: 51,5 % Wins