The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

just reading Lambert statement and its very generic as well. Certainly didnt move me to tears

Lambert's probably felt more real because he was actually a decent bloke, as opposed to a complete cock.

sounds far from a decent bloke in my book. He wouldnt quit as he wouldnt get a payoff. Classy

Paul Lambert told Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner to sack him twice this season before he was finally dismissed on Wednesday by telephone.

Lambert’s frustration at working with a limited budget became so severe that he invited Lerner to end his tenure once in the summer and again earlier this year.

Neither would Tim.

Neither would 95% of managers. Why would you when you're talking millions of pounds?

But, just for you, I'll rephrase it.

Lambert's probably felt more real because he CAME ACROSS as a decent bloke. Where as Tim Sherwood comes across as an absolute prick.

To you.

Of course.

But I'm fairly certain my opinion here is shared by most villa fans. And, in fact, most football fans.

The man is an arsehole.

Utter nonsense. Pure guesswork that the majority shares your opinion when this isn't the case at all. Haters going to hate as they say.

Myself and all my Villa mates loved the guy. Brought a breath of fresh air to the club for a short time compared to the dour Lambert and Mcleish. 

Gave me one of the greatest moments of my Villa supporting life at Wembley against Liverpool. I mean how often do we win at Wembley let alone play there.

It was right for him to go but in his short time he brought me more joy as a Villa fan in a few months then Lamberk and Mcleish did in 4 years. Love the guy, love his charisma and wish him all the best. 

• Like 1

However, seems like Sheff Wed could raise the necessary character to take on the mighty Arsenal.....pity we didn't take a leaf out of their book at wembley

Its amazing what can be achieved, when you put a shift in.

They had the likes of Sanchez, Ramsey and Ozil play against us though tbf

just reading Lambert statement and its very generic as well. Certainly didnt move me to tears

Lambert's probably felt more real because he was actually a decent bloke, as opposed to a complete cock.

sounds far from a decent bloke in my book. He wouldnt quit as he wouldnt get a payoff. Classy

Paul Lambert told Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner to sack him twice this season before he was finally dismissed on Wednesday by telephone.

Lambert’s frustration at working with a limited budget became so severe that he invited Lerner to end his tenure once in the summer and again earlier this year.

Neither would Tim.

Neither would 95% of managers. Why would you when you're talking millions of pounds?

Lambert's probably felt more real because he CAME ACROSS as a decent bloke. Where as Tim Sherwood comes across as an absolute prick.

To you.

Of course.

But I'm fairly certain my opinion here is shared by most villa fans. And, in fact, most football fans.

The man is an arsehole.

wow , you have certainly being busy collecting data. the folk I have spoken to thats not the case.

most knew he had to go with the results as they are......but I never heard anyone assassinate his character in the way you do....its comical.

Has he pinched your wife on the odd occasion or something.

You've never heard anyone say that Tim Sherwood is a prick (or other similar observations about his questionable personality)?

I'd suggest you haven't been listening very hard! :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Neither would Tim.

To you.

Of course.

The man is an arsehole.

Utter nonsense. Pure guesswork that the majority shares your opinion when this isn't the case at all. Haters going to hate as they say.

Myself and all my Villa mates loved the guy. Brought a breath of fresh air to the club for a short time compared to the dour Lambert and Mcleish. 

Gave me one of the greatest moments of my Villa supporting life at Wembley against Liverpool. I mean how often do we win at Wembley let alone play there.

It was right for him to go but in his short time he brought me more joy as a Villa fan in a few months then Lamberk and Mcleish did in 4 years. Love the guy, love his charisma and wish him all the best. 

Good for you. I still think you're in the minority.

You're right, it is guesswork. But I'd still put money on me being right.

Regardless of what he did and didn't do on the pitch (and he did at least as much bad as good), I'm talking about his personality. It's awful. The footballing world haven't stopped laughing at Tim Sherwood. Even when he was doing well for us, people still hated him.

Even given how utterly awful we are as a football club before he arrived, he still managed to turn is into even more of a laughing stock,

Edited by Stevo985

Nice video. 

I needed the lift he brought when he came, Lambert had me on the edge of giving up. But then he needed to go because I was reaching that point again. 

Beating blues, double over Albion in a week and semi final against Liverpool are better moments than Lambert or McLeish provided in their spells at the club. 

It didn't work out but for a short short short time it was a hell of a lot of fun. And supporting this club hasn't had many of thoses spells for a long time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video. 

I needed the lift he brought when he came, Lambert had me on the edge of giving up. But then he needed to go because I was reaching that point again. 

Beating blues, double over Albion in a week and semi final against Liverpool are better moments than Lambert or McLeish provided in their spells at the club. 

It didn't work out but for a short short short time it was a hell of a lot of fun. And supporting this club hasn't had many of thoses spells for a long time.

Really... Beating Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Sunderland (6-1) Norwich 4-0. Those were pretty good.

• Like 2

I imagine he's almost a certainty for that job.

They wanted him before but it was beneath him (in his own inflated opinion of himself). I imagine now he's been knocked down a peg he'll take it.

I saw QPR last week at Brentford. They have some very good players but a lack of obvious system. I think Tim would be fairly sure to have little impact on that. They were clearly fighting for their manager and they clearly loved him so I doubt they'd benefit from Sherwood's personal approach (blah, blah, facials etc). They need someone who can impose an effective solution rather than a motivator.

I saw QPR last week at Brentford. They have some very good players but a lack of obvious system. I think Tim would be fairly sure to have little impact on that. They were clearly fighting for their manager and they clearly loved him so I doubt they'd benefit from Sherwood's personal approach (blah, blah, facials etc). They need someone who can impose an effective solution rather than a motivator.

Agree with this. Tim Sherwood is basically still playing Captain, he wants to lead the team not manage them. If he were in a normal job he'd be the shop steward, he wouldn't be the boss. And this is his problem. He can rile a team up, the players like him and want to do well for him, but you still need someone to put in place a strategy or system.

• Like 2

Agree with this. Tim Sherwood is basically still playing Captain, he wants to lead the team not manage them. If he were in a normal job he'd be the shop steward, he wouldn't be the boss. And this is his problem. He can rile a team up, the players like him and want to do well for him, but you still need someone to put in place a strategy or system.

If I was QPR I would target Gary Rowett. The compensation is low, and yes they might be lower but they are  a bigger side with better players

Â