The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Got to say I enjoyed moving this thread to other football.

Monk would be like a fish out of water here

Yes and you were certainly quick enough to do it. I hope the new manager, whoever it is, is given more time that what sherwood was to manage our football club, even if he has to start again next season in the championship, which seems very probable.

• Like 2

Yes and you were certainly quick enough to do it. I hope the new manager, whoever it is, is given more time that what sherwood was to manage our football club, even if he has to start again next season in the championship, which seems very probable.

If he's absolutely useless like Sherwood, then I hope we won't give him time for the sake of it.

• Like 1

Oh as for him getting a payoff, I'm sure there's a clause in his contract that means he could be sacked without compensation if we were in the bottom three.

I wondered this with Lambert actually as he was sacked the second we fell into the bottom 3

The idea that we 'dominated' the game is utterly hilarious, the game was pretty even, no one team 'dominated' at all. 

There goes a worrying scenario and I agree Hilarious, but for me they offered little threat, until we scored.....they are a shadow of themselves.

With a slight bit of exaggeration of course....but the players looked to me, that if there was no opposition on the pitch they would struggle to win.....There are basics like running off the ball and basic decision making, poor positional play that is crucifying us.

Edited by TRO

Like when Sherwood arrived, I suspect the new manager has a bit of a free hit. If we are relegated by 5 points or less, then people will most likely blame this on Sherwood's start to the season. So regardless, I expect the new manager will be give time, and the chance to get us back up, if we are relegated.

I wonder what would have happened in the parallel world where last season Sherwood didn't keep us up, and we went down following his appointment. I suspect he would have been given the chance to get us back up from the Championship, and who knows how that would have gone. Either way, he would probably still have the job now!

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

If he's absolutely useless like Sherwood, then I hope we won't give him time for the sake of it.

Even if that man is Rodgers or Moyes, because if one of those take over and the results are similar, it says more about the players than the manager. Can't see him being given much money to change the squad in January. These are the players he will have to work with.

• Like 1

Can't believe anyone truly thinks Sherwood was sacked to soon???? A dreadful appointment from day one. 4 points from last 36 available. Worst start in our history

• Like 2

I would suspect a bit of mutual agreement here and he may have engineered a bit of it himself, when asked where the problem lay he said "The Club".....that could have been all it needed on top of the obvious....results.

TS looked like he wanted out, despite comments to the contrary.

Nice to see that 'wind up season' is still in effect, this is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum. 

Â