The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It is against my principles to be happy about someone losing their job. It is also contrary to my football principles that a manager should be given so relatively little time. 

But, in this case, to hell with my principles. I am almost disturbingly happy he is no longer our 'manager'. 

• Like 1

I don't know why people are praising him for his statement,. He's hardly going to come out and slate the club.

I think its probably a condition of his payoff that he doesn't say anything against anybody at the club, I'm sure in time we'll hear his true feelings.

• Like 1

just reading Lambert statement and its very generic as well. Certainly didnt move me to tears

There is no comparison between Lambert and Sherwood's statements. Although Lambert being around for a lot longer could be why

Edited by Arj Guy

just reading Lambert statement and its very generic as well. Certainly didnt move me to tears

Lambert's probably felt more real because he was actually a decent bloke, as opposed to a complete cock.

sounds far from a decent bloke in my book. He wouldnt quit as he wouldnt get a payoff. Classy

Paul Lambert told Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner to sack him twice this season before he was finally dismissed on Wednesday by telephone.

Lambert’s frustration at working with a limited budget became so severe that he invited Lerner to end his tenure once in the summer and again earlier this year.

Lambert's probably felt more real because he was actually a decent bloke, as opposed to a complete cock.

sounds far from a decent bloke in my book. He wouldnt quit as he wouldnt get a payoff. Classy

Paul Lambert told Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner to sack him twice this season before he was finally dismissed on Wednesday by telephone.

Lambert’s frustration at working with a limited budget became so severe that he invited Lerner to end his tenure once in the summer and again earlier this year.

Neither would Tim.

Neither would 95% of managers. Why would you when you're talking millions of pounds?

But, just for you, I'll rephrase it.

Lambert's probably felt more real because he CAME ACROSS as a decent bloke. Where as Tim Sherwood comes across as an absolute prick.

So that is one statement, no doubt he forgets what he said soon and comes out with the complete opposite, then something similar but slightly different, then the former, then something new. Good old Tim, lovely bloke.

• Like 3

And when Lambert left more than 66% of the season was gone and we were 2 points adrift. -1 game from safety.

No, we were only in the bottom three on goal difference. Two more points would have taken us to 14th. 

Arguing if Lambert was better than Sherwood is like deciding whether you want to be punched in the teeth or kicked in the balls (but Sherwood was far worse lol)

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 1

I'll put money on now that he won't be our manager by the end of next season.

I am the reincarnation of nostradamus. Just as I predicted I would be.

Quite a few of us made these predictions :)

Neither would Tim.

Neither would 95% of managers. Why would you when you're talking millions of pounds?

Lambert's probably felt more real because he CAME ACROSS as a decent bloke. Where as Tim Sherwood comes across as an absolute prick.

To you.

Neither would Tim.

To you.

Of course.

But I'm fairly certain my opinion here is shared by most villa fans. And, in fact, most football fans.

The man is an arsehole.

• Like 2

Neither would Tim.

To you.

Of course.

But I'm fairly certain my opinion here is shared by most villa fans. And, in fact, most football fans.

The man is an arsehole.

wow , you have certainly being busy collecting data. the folk I have spoken to thats not the case.

most knew he had to go with the results as they are......but I never heard anyone assassinate his character in the way you do....its comical.

Has he pinched your wife on the odd occasion or something.

Edited by TRO

However, seems like Sheff Wed could raise the necessary character to take on the mighty Arsenal.....pity we didn't take a leaf out of their book at wembley

Its amazing what can be achieved, when you put a shift in.

Â