The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

What is it with the media all siding with Sherwood?? his record was diabolical. Just listened to one of our 'legends' Mortimer.. who i cant say was in my era... has come out and blasted the club saying we should have kept him and we got rid of him too quick. 1 win in 10? 4 points? Bottom of the ladder? Please. They are happy to quote Sherwood from his leaked media BS about him not approving players.. yet a few months ago in the press Sherwood was quoted as saying THIS IS MY TEAM.. I PICKED EVERYONE AND I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE.

Such ignorant views. They dont mention his stupid tactics which has cost us games. Mortimer said he saw the Bournemouth game and we were lucky to win.. so really we shouldnt have won a game.. well whos fault is that? What about the other 5 games we should have won? What a knob that Mortimer is. No offense if you liked him as a player.. but he was a fool on TalkSport.

Lots of teams have committees that pick players.. why has Sherwood been so supported? friends in the media? I have never seen the fans so united in seeing a manager leave. He didnt get enough time? He had a whole pre season to get it sorted.. yet he came out and said it himself he doesnt know his best team.. which yet again he back tracked a week later saying he knows his team.. then again within two weeks he changed it a few times.

Madness. Yet our club will be blasted for getting rid of a British manager and hiring a foreigner. We have given plenty of chances to British managers and most have failed. Let other clubs do it. Chelsea.. Arsenal.. Man City? Ridiculous.

I agree but the talking heads just say what the papers pay them to say.

Yes  the only thing that bothers me is the name calling and general abuse he gets on here. He doesn't deserve that. Ultimately the results weren't good enough this season but from what i gather he didn't have much say in the recruitment of players and some of players bought are just not fit enough for the Premier League. 

Thank you for getting us to Wembley twice and keeping us in the Premier League last season. Good luck to his successor

He had more say than he has been suggesting to the press these last few weeks.

As for the excuses he has offered about players not being good enough or fit enough, personally I'm going to reserve judgement on the players until they are playing for a manager who actually has a remote clue about what he is doing. Sherwood was completely and utterly out of his depth and despite his claims of taking responsibility he constantly ignored his own shortcomings and dumped the blame on the players. 

So lets wait and see how they do under someone else, I suspect rather better and it will be just another indication that Sherwood was full of BS and didn't know what he was doing.

• Like 1

I'm sure Sherwood won't be able to keep his trap shut and will start slating the club in the media soon

thats what i liked about Lambert. Still after all this time he still refuses to criticize the club or even Randy. He has nothing but great things to say about the club. I would hope Sherwood would too but we know what hes like.

• Like 1

Yes  the only thing that bothers me is the name calling and general abuse he gets on here. He doesn't deserve that. Ultimately the results weren't good enough this season but from what i gather he didn't have much say in the recruitment of players and some of players bought are just not fit enough for the Premier League. 

Thank you for getting us to Wembley twice and keeping us in the Premier League last season. Good luck to his successor

He had more say than he has been suggesting to the press these last few weeks.

As for the excuses he has offered about players not being good enough or fit enough, personally I'm going to reserve judgement on the players until they are playing for a manager who actually has a remote clue about what he is doing. Sherwood was completely and utterly out of his depth and despite his claims of taking responsibility he constantly ignored his own shortcomings and dumped the blame on the players. 

So lets wait and see how they do under someone else, I suspect rather better and it will be just another indication that Sherwood was full of BS and didn't know what he was doing

A number of players were Sherwoods choices - Richards, Bunn, lescott, Gestede.  Several more were bought for the future or cheaply as cover Sarkic, Crespo, Ilori and can't be judged against the same yardstick. That leaves us discussing just four or five players  Amavi, Gana, Vertout, Ayew and Traore ( who should really be a 'for the future buy' too) - of those only Vertout for me has not shown me enough yet to think that he will turn out to be a decent buy under a manager with a clear and consistent approach

if Sherwood had had his way we would have been fishing in a tiny tiny pond marked 'Spurs Rejects' and would have signed Lennon, Townsend, Huddlestone and Adebayor on five year contracts for double the money

Sherwood would still have failed because he is a poor manager and the next bloke would have been stuck with a brand new bomb squad. 

lets see what the media make of our Moneyball squad once they are performing for a proper manager

• Like 3

yeah the name calling and personal abuse is disgusting especially from people that defended the previous manager who was begging to be sacked to get a pay-off instead of just walking away

Sherwood got no personal insults from me while he was our manager.

But I don't understand how anybody can like him. He was sort of amusing when we were doing well. But ultimately he is such a bell end. 

• Like 4

yeah the name calling and personal abuse is disgusting especially from people that defended the previous manager who was begging to be sacked to get a pay-off instead of just walking away

Double standards? Sherwood should be treated with dignity whilst Lambert was a money grabbing fraud? Hmmmmm

Now he's gone, I've got to say the levels of sycophancy towards him on here was some of the most cringeworthy and embarrassing stuff I've read on this forum or any other other.  "Tim aint gonna stand for X" and "Tim aint the type to Y", in some cases before he'd even let the ink dry on his contract, let alone before anyone knew the first thing about his personality or coaching ability. 

It's quite obvious to me that the reason he got so much love was for the simple fact he wasn't Lambert, which you could argue was fair enough. I laughed at the "Tim Sherwood team" bit, give me that over "We go again" any day. What the not so silent majority didn't seem to realise was that we, and most of the country were laughing at him, not with him. The man was a satirical masterpiece who lacked the self awareness to realise it.

I remember reading an article just before he joined us where he said that Redknapp was a big influence in how he presented himself to the media. "No shit", you could be forgiven for thinking. Strip away the coaching ability, experience and tactics(and thats being generous to 'Arry),  what you're left with is a polished snake oil merchant, a slick mockney gobshite who will hang anyone out to dry in order to deflect criticism from himself, even if only for a few days, even if he knows the majority of the fans will see straight though it. Because ultimately it doesn't matter what they think, as long as there's an army of hacks on standby to flood the internet with articles about young British managers and why 1 win in 8 constitutes a decent haul, as long as the Linkers of this world can keep a straight face when congratulating someone for unfucking a team sheet at half time, as long as someone like Remi Garde can be dismissed by these same sycophants on the grounds that he's French and therefore is unable to grasp the complexities of the Premier League, the chancers will thrive. 

I believe out of the starting line up vs Swansea, Ayew was the only non Sherwood signing, he was basically putting 2 fingers upto the people above him and taking the complete piss out of our club by not playing certain players. Hes a nob and has acted like a nob for the past couple of months so I don't see why people are so surprised when he gets some stick....he deserves it!

I also heard the Paul Mortimer interview, quite by chance as I usually never have Talkshite on in the car (or anywhere).

I thought it strange he referred to Villa as "we" and "us" like he was a club legend. He was pants and BFR soon shipped him out.

Oh and his comments were rubbish too.

Â