Carles Gil

bose

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's the bottom line, isn't it. We can jaw all we want on here, but the reality is if Bruce has anything to do with it he'll never play here again. You can ask McCormack how forgiving he is of players who've annoyed him. 

Did he fall out with Bruce. Cant remember thought was RDM and obviously Sherwood

I would not want him back.

He deserted us when he might have been good enough to be of use in the CH, but thought he was too good for that.

He is certainly not good enough for the PL, if we get there.

Where has all this forgiveness come from, when we berate other better players than him who have justifiably moved on to further their careers?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would not want him back.

He deserted us when he might have been good enough to be of use in the CH, but thought he was too good for that.

He is certainly not good enough for the PL, if we get there.

Where has all this forgiveness come from, when we berate other better players than him who have justifiably moved on to further their careers?

Because his name is Carlos Gil and not Carl Gill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Gil > Grealish

Clark and Okore > Terry and Chester

Amavi > Taylor

Traore > Adomah

Westwood > Hourihane

Bacuna > Snodgrass

Hutton > Elmohamady

Sanchez > Whelan

Gabby (fully fit and under a decent manager) > Kodjia

anim_electriccap.gif

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Does anyone know if he's still here or if he did actually join Deportivo?

Far as I can find Depor have not signed him yet despite the clause.

Guessing with them relegated they are struggling to come up with the money for both the transfer and a contract he is willing to sign.

Probably end with him going out on another loan somewhere.

googled him and an article from Depor yesterday and the translation seems shit but said Gil has implication to stay.

again prob bad translation but sounds like they having a clearout too

this one a bit better from AS

The sports director also spoke of several names. Among them, the one from Pedro Mosquera stood out, which he sees in the Second project: "Mosquera is from Coruñés, it is from Depor and that situation is walking in a very positive way. From the first day he told me that the implication I was going to have here was going to be 100%. " Equally optimistic about the continuity of Carles Gil: "He is very involved and eager to be here . " On the opposite side is the goal Tyton, on which del Pozo was blunt: "It will come out ". Another one that has the hours counted is Juanfran, very close to the Leganés: "It is evident that there is a possibility of leaving, it is being dealt with on it in order to reach a possible agreement" .

https://as.com/futbol/2018/07/10/segunda/1531218048_399056.html 

There were two bits of news lately, one that they don't have to sign him if relegated, then another saying they would anyway. As others have said, he may be very useful in this league if he wanted the challenge...

Â