Carles Gil

bose

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He said it in June 2016 after we were relegated hence the loan spells.

I'm not sure at any stage we made it seem like we wanted him, at least from when Sherwood took over.  Same with Veretout.  It works both ways.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gil: "Playing in Segunda is not a problem"

After a difficult season in the individual and in the collective, Carles Gil returns with renewed hope and energy a course in which he is called to give clarity to the attack of Deportivo

1. Good feelings 
Fresh air at Deportivo with the change of ownership on the blue and white bench. New faces, new times and new habits in the day to day of the team, which has been preparing it's participation in the Second Division since last week. "The sensations are very good, it is doing a good job, intense, from less to more", Gil said.
Natxo González has already established the master lines of the style of play he wants to build, a sketch that is reflected every day in the sports city of Abegondo, brushstrokes for football with which he wants to have control of the matches. "The coach from the first moment has come with very clear ideas, he transmits the bases he wants the team to have and we go little by little," said the Valencian. 

2. Will adapt to the second division
Deportivo starts as one of the favorites for promotion. Being one of the newly descended and having the historical weight with which the Blue and Whites have attributed that label. "It's a different category and Second Division this year is very strong, with more teams that should be in First than in Second. It makes it more attractive and also more difficult," said the player. In the Second Division, it is usual to resort more to the physical than to the combination, but the role that the Deportivo aims to have can be good for a player of his style. "It's not a problem to play in Segunda at all. I was in that category and I was very happy because my beginnings in Elche were round and Deportivo is a club with history not in Second but in First and I have no problem at all," he said. 
Regarding his game, he said "I feel more comfortable in the centre and I think that is where I can give a better performance, then it is the coach who decides."
"I'm always at the disposal of what the coach needs," he said.

3. Objective 
Deportivo aims to dominate the matches. "Each club and each season is a world. In theory we have a clear goal, we have to try to be a team that dominates and takes control of the game and matches and that to me and other teammates can promote," said the blue and white midfielder.

4. Offers and contract
He acknowledged that he had "something" this summer to leave Deportivo. "But I've always been very clear: I'm fine here. I have a contract at Deportivo, I think that's enough, I'm calm, with my head here," he said about his prospects in the market. 
He has to stay except that Deportivo receives an offer that the club values positively to open the door. "When the market is open we are all exposed to inputs and outputs, it works like this, but I am very focused here, training every day the best I know and giving the maximum of me," he said. In any case, he made it clear that he will go "hand in hand with the club". "I have a contract here and I will always go hand in hand with Deportivo. We have to be interested, both parties, in what may happen," he said. This was transmitted to Carmelo del Pozo, sporting director of the club. "I've talked to him. He explained it perfectly. I have a contract, I'm focused here on training to the fullest and then whatever happens I'll go hand in hand with the club which also makes it's decisions," he explained. 

5. Seedorf, never again 
Do not want to again coincide in his career with the Dutch coach Clarence Seedorf, who embittered him last season in the months when he was in charge of the squad.
"Very bad things happened, very bad things. I had a very bad time this year but everything is learned", began the Deportivo player when talking about that stage with Seedorf. "Without doubt it was my worst stage. I would not know how to describe what that stage was like, I prefer to leave it aside, it's the past, I hopefully do not coincide with it again," he said. Gil barely played a role in that period of time when Seedorf trained him. He only played one match, the one that measured the Deportivo players with Las Palmas at the Riazor stadium on March 17. He did not have a presence on the lawn again. "For my part there was no personal issue, they were decisions and we have to comply with them in the best possible way. I trained in the best way but did not collect the fruits," said the blue and white winger, who turns the page.

https://www.elidealgallego.com/articulo/deportes/gil-jugar-segunda-nada-supone-problema/20180720003705379058.html

Edited by Michael118

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nice of him to not have a problem playing in a different second division. 

I thought the same when I read that.

Shouldn’t this topic be moved to Other Football now, or is he still technically our player and only on loan again?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nice of him to not have a problem playing in a different second division. 

Do you really think that if an attractive offer came in for him from the Premier League or La Liga he would be making those comments?

If there was no interest in him from La Liga clubs when we were relegated I'm sure we would have heard something similar. 

Edited by Michael118

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Probably found his level. I remember reading a comment somewhere else when Sherwood dropped him that he was a mix of David Silva and Messi  :lol:

I do wonder sometimes.

If someone like Troy Deeney or Glenn Murray went to Spain would be lauded on message boards as Ian Wright and Shearer just based on the fact they are foreign, different and exciting.

On 11/07/2018 at 07:43, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure at any stage we made it seem like we wanted him, at least from when Sherwood took over.  Same with Veretout.  It works both ways.

Yeah, aside from the thousand of pounds per week we were paying him. 

Fede Cartabia and Carles Gil return Depor to victory

The Coruña team was reunited with the win thanks to the good work of the two lefties and the goals of Borja Valle, Caballo and Uxío. Duarte debuted.

Aug 5, 2018.

Deportivo could have the feeling that Natxo González's plan was stagnating after the setbacks against Ponferradina and Valladolid. While the duel against Langreo can not be used to solve all doubts, at least it will be worth to manager and players to see that, although slow, they are on the right track .

Carles Gil and Fede Cartabia are responsible for lighting this journey. Natxo placed them as attacking midfielder and second striker, this role will be what the Argentine will have to get used to, and between the two they managed to ignite the fuse between the lines. The Coruña team controlled their rival at all times and was able to advance without problems to the contrary, but the problems were appearing. For now the solutions, and the depth, are only found when the wings arrive, beyond the conductions of the two lefties who all the luck of the team cannot rely.

https://as.com/futbol/2018/08/04/segunda/1533411157_197505.html

He (Natxo González) was helped by the shyness of their rival, who throughout the game recorded just a couple of arrivals on goal as well as the mobility shown by the Deportivo offensive trio. Cartabia, Borja Valle and Carles Gil made the Asturian defense dizzy from the very beginning even though the first goal would not come until the final minutes of the first half. It was Borja Valle who ended up finishing off a Krohn-Dehli service from the right to transfer the superiority shown from the beginning by the blue and white players.  

https://www.laopinioncoruna.es/deportivo/2018/08/05/depor-empieza-afinar/1316414.html

Edited by Michael118

Â