Carles Gil

bose

On 04/08/2018 at 11:16, Davkaus said:

He's Spanish, and more happy playing in Spain. So what? 

So...

He’s taken an awful lot of our wages and contributed nothing in return. Plus he bailed when we got the relegation he helped us earn.

So that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he’s still our player though? Never remember the club confirming that he’s gone (similar to Sanchez... took ages for his to officially go too?)

When you look at everyone it suggests it was a loan with automatic purchase last season. 

Marca stating Gil signed until 2021 last year.

Page is in Spanish but in essence confirms the top. There is nothing official since this date but he is training with Deportivo and formally in their squad.

List of pre season players for Deportivo

The players called to begin the pre-season are the following:

Midfielders
Alex Bergantiños
Carlos Lopez
Guilherme
Bicho
Pedro Mosquera
Edu Exposito
Carles Gil
Pedro
Fede Cartabia

So probably has left but nothing official. A cheeky tweet/news piece wouldn’t go amiss!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, briny_ear said:

So...

He’s taken an awful lot of our wages and contributed nothing in return. Plus he bailed when we got the relegation he helped us earn.

So that.

Surely if he contributed nothing, then it's a good thing he wanted to bail once we went down?

He clearly wanted to go back to Spain.  The amount of dislike is bizarre.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Surely if he contributed nothing, then it's a good thing he wanted to bail once we went down?

He clearly wanted to go back to Spain.  The amount of dislike is bizarre.

Yep. Especially when Adama doesn't seem to attract the same dislike, despite his actions being far worse.

I don't think Gil is good enough for us, certainly not if we get back to the Prem. But I don't really see why he's disliked so much.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. Especially when Adama doesn't seem to attract the same dislike, despite his actions being far worse.

I don't think Gil is good enough for us, certainly not if we get back to the Prem. But I don't really see why he's disliked so much.

I don't think he is particularly disliked is he? 

He was in a collection of crap players who contributed to the worst period in our history (during my lifetime), therefore he will never be remembered fondly by me. 

Alongside Richards, lescott, Veretout, ayew, sanchez etc

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't think he is particularly disliked is he? 

He was in a collection of crap players who contributed to the worst period in our history (during my lifetime), therefore he will never be remembered fondly by me. 

Alongside Richards, lescott, Veretout, ayew, sanchez etc

There's clearly some people who dislike him:

On 04/08/2018 at 10:57, sexbelowsound said:

**** little twerp.

On 04/08/2018 at 11:59, HanoiVillan said:

So I don't like him. 

On 02/05/2018 at 17:09, DCJonah said:

Inconsistent and stupidly overrated on here. 

Also seems to have been forgotten that the message when we were relegated was that he had no intention of playing in the championship. Yeah, that's the kind of player we want back after spending the last 18 months trying to **** most of these pricks out the club  

Thankfully, bruce will know exactly how limited and how shit his attitude is. No chance he puts a villa shirt back on.  

That's not an attack on those people. They're free to like and dislike whoever they want.
As I said he just seems to attract a lot of criticism and dislike for someone who seemed pretty inoffensive to me.

Yeah his agent said he didn't want to play in the Championship. I think that's fair enough to be honest. I'd rather a player let his intentions be known and let himself get moved on. Probably not the best way to do it, but there we go.

• 2 weeks later...

Espanyol bids strong for Carles Gil

Carles Gil could be the next Deportivo player to abandon the blue and white discipline

Aug 18, 2018

Carles Gil could be the next Deportivo player to abandon the blue and white discipline. The Valencian footballer, which fell from the first eleven of Natxo González, could stop at Espanyol in the coming days, as the Catalan team is willing to bid strongly for him. Gil is one of the members of the squad about which more rumors have been since the preseason began. The midfielder hinted that he did not like the idea of playing in the Second Division, which triggered the news about his possible departure. Last May, Deportivo paid Aston Villa nearly two million euros for the compulsory purchase option it had for the Valencian footballer, who has a contract with the Coruña entity until June 30, 2020. Espanyol, who already tried to bring in Carles Gil in the past, would be willing to pay a transfer for him to strengthen it's team. The playmaker only played a dozen league games last year. He could not complete the preseason due to pubic problems that forced him to go through the operating room. And later, when he recovered and returned to the playing fields, he could not win the confidence of the coach. This pre-season, he has been alternating in the attacking midfield with Pedro Sanchez, however, Natxo Gonzalez finally went yesterday for the footballer born in Alicante. The sports director, Carmelo del Pozo, and the Blue and Whites' own coach have insisted on numerous occasions that for their project they have players who are fully involved and, to this day, it does not seem that Carles Gil is focused on Depor.

https://www.elidealgallego.com/articulo/deportes/espanyol-puja-fuerte-carles-gil/20180817231948381713.html

Â