Carles Gil

bose

As ever the truth is somewhere in the middle. He is obviously talented and did well last year for them but he is such a hot and cold player and goes missing far too often. On his day he would be one of our best players but how many days is that? I personally would love to have him back and have him resurrect his career. It won't happen though. 

• Like 1

As @omariqy said, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. He's obviously not as good as Michael makes out, but then again, him being regularly picked by a manager other than Steve Bruce wouldn't automatically relegate us from the Prem, as @Stevo985 exaggerated, probably purposely.

I always liked Gil. Yes he went missing (a lot), but then he also had his games where he was way better than Jack. I'm glad that his move away has broken down, just because I'd like to see him get the odd appearance for us again see whether [whichever manager] can get a tune out of him. If not, then I can't imagine his wages will break the bank. He probably earns 1/4 of what Micah Richards gets paid.

• Sad 1

He had his moments with us as did Gabby (a few more of them) ;). He like others did not want to play for us and we cannot find anyone willing to buy him from us (even after they have already agreed to do so it seems). Hopefully we can find a club who will pay his wages or some of them. We won't be getting any of the money we paid for him back for him so this is another transfer deal that did not work out at all well for us.     

• Like 1

I will be very surprised if Steve Bruce entertains this player in the future.

We have all already witnessed Jack adding steel to his game since his injury.....prior to this even Jacks talent alone was being questioned....he was a lightweight, now he isn't.

all the great talented players have a physicality about their game in order to make it work.....its a contact sport, you have to it.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I will be very surprised if Steve Bruce entertains this player in the future.

That's the bottom line, isn't it. We can jaw all we want on here, but the reality is if Bruce has anything to do with it he'll never play here again. You can ask McCormack how forgiving he is of players who've annoyed him. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Michael118 said:

He's a number 10 so his main competition would be Grealish. I'd have him in ahead of Grealish, but they could play together if we wanted to go with 2 number 10's or play one out wide. Gil played on the right a few times with Deportivo and did well there. I definitely think he's best suited to a central role though. For me, Gil is head and shoulders above all our current players in terms of ability and would be the first name on the team sheet if we got him back,

Have him in ahead of Grealish... head and shoulders above our current players... first name on the team sheet... :crylaugh:

He has spent the season on the bench for a team that were relegated from La Liga, the blokes pants. Grealish was better than him three years ago, he's now lightyears ahead of him in terms of ability.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Jack now is 4 times the player Gil is. Mainly because of how consistent he now is. 

and his ability to ride challenges, now.

Inconsistent and stupidly overrated on here. 

Also seems to have been forgotten that the message when we were relegated was that he had no intention of playing in the championship. Yeah, that's the kind of player we want back after spending the last 18 months trying to **** most of these pricks out the club  

Thankfully, bruce will know exactly how limited and how shit his attitude is. No chance he puts a villa shirt back on.  

• Like 2

Carles Gil was shit at Valancia, Carles Gil was shit as Aston VIlla, Carles GIl was shit at Deportivo.

There is a recurring theme there

54 minutes ago, KHV said:

Carles Gil was shit at Valancia, Carles Gil was shit as Aston VIlla, Carles GIl was shit at Deportivo.

There is a recurring theme there

That his goals to game ration and number of assists are way higher than Messi & Ronaldo combined?* 

*(When you count all the Tuesday nights they have played in September in the East Midlands and it was raining)

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Obligation to buy but to get out of it they have relegated themselves. Playing 4d chess that club.

The lengths some teams go...

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You would have him ahead of grealish are you for real?!

He would also have Clark over Terry, Bacuna over Hourihane and Kozak over Kodjia ;)

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

That his goals to game ration and number of assists are way higher than Messi & Ronaldo combined?* 

*(When you count all the Tuesday nights they have played in September in the East Midlands and it was raining)

Ronaldo probably still has more ;)

Â