Carles Gil

bose

a188d92826fa7aba5db33bfce655585a.png

Gil has started 5 games this season for Deportivo. He has only made 10 league appearances for them with 1 assist and 0 goals. 

He spent a large part of the season injured, and then started featuring a lot in their team. Then he disappeared and has since only made one 6 minute appearance since Feb 12th. 

He also has only won 1 match with Deportivo all season. 

In my opinion, this guy is a complete dud of a player. We have youth guys who would be better served playing for us, and they'd actually want to play for the club. Gil isn't even good enough for La Liga so I can't see him doing anything for us in the premier league or championship. 

Yes he scored one great goal for us years ago, and he had that one good match with Grealish and Traore against Leicester, but those are outliers in his career. 

We're best off trying to sell him to a 2.Liga squad. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 3

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Obligation to buy but to get out of it they have relegated themselves. Playing 4d chess that club.

****, really? 

Another loan deal then I guess. Potentially could have needed that fee this summer.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting Michael118's appearance with some irrelevant stats to show how good Gil is

nobody has won more rock, paper scissors contests in all of La liga this season. Gil is 2nd only to Leandro Bacuna in his victories in all of Europe in 2017/18

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Best Aston Villa related news I've read for around 2 years. Not that it will amount to anything while Bruce is still manager. I expect him to be loaned out again or sold to a team like Burnley, Everton, Newcastle or Middlesbrough where he'll go on to turn his career around while we continue to sign players with a fraction of the quality.

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Best Aston Villa related news I've read for around 2 years. Not that it will amount to anything while Bruce is still manager. I expect him to be loaned out again or sold to a team like Burnley, Everton, Newcastle or Middlesbrough where he'll go on to turn his career around while we continue to sign players with a fraction of the quality.

I suspect he'll be loaned/sold to a team like Osasuna or Valladolid.

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

I suspect he'll be loaned/sold to a team like Osasuna or Valladolid.

My ideal scenario is we get promoted, say thank you and goodbye to Steve Bruce and bring in a manager who will give him an opportunity in the Premier League. He has bucket loads of potential and would love for him to realise it with us.

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Didn’t he have stats comparable with Messi and Ronaldo last season or earlier this season? Or am I mixing him up with another one of our on loan players?

Yes, he had the same number of assists as Messi and more than Ronaldo around half way through last season.

37 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Yes, he had the same number of assists as Messi and more than Ronaldo around half way through last season.

Last night I scored as many champions league goals as Ronaldo did

• Haha 1

He's had a shit season.. injured for most of it.. and then the new manager didn't rate him despite their fans wanting him in the side. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

I assume he's still neck and neck with them stat wise now then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Holding onto Steve Bruce if we get promoted is what will get us relegated. 

Let's worry about that if we get there 

As for gil I don't see where he would fit in here. He plays the hourihane role but smaller and doesn't score as many goals. I think he played on the left as well and there is no chance he will get in the side ahead of green of adomah 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Let's worry about that if we get there 

As for gil I don't see where he would fit in here. He plays the hourihane role but smaller and doesn't score as many goals. I think he played on the left as well and there is no chance he will get in the side ahead of green of adomah 

He's a number 10 so his main competition would be Grealish. I'd have him in ahead of Grealish, but they could play together if we wanted to go with 2 number 10's or play one out wide. Gil played on the right a few times with Deportivo and did well there. I definitely think he's best suited to a central role though. For me, Gil is head and shoulders above all our current players in terms of ability and would be the first name on the team sheet if we got him back,

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He's a number 10 so his main competition would be Grealish. I'd have him in ahead of Grealish, but they could play together if we wanted to go with 2 number 10's or play one out wide. Gil played on the right a few times with Deportivo and did well there. I definitely think he's best suited to a central role though. For me, Gil is head and shoulders above all our current players in terms of ability and would be the first name on the team sheet if we got him back,

You would have him ahead of grealish are you for real?!

Â