Carles Gil

bose

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

There were two bits of news lately, one that they don't have to sign him if relegated, then another saying they would anyway. As others have said, he may be very useful in this league if he wanted the challenge...

That’s the key point, I don’t think he does and he has sounded desperate to leave. What is the attraction anyway?

I thought he had already left/been signed, we need any funds we can get also.

I’m really worried about the side in general. Major reduction in quality, we don’t/won’t have enough players that we can rely on for the duration of the whole season (old players that will tire and pick up injuries and our youngsters seem quite injury prone).

We have no idea which players will be left here, those that leave will be undersold and I doubt we will be able to bring in much quality.

I want to be hopeful and positive but I am struggling tbh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I hope we keep him, he’d be amazing in this league but we probably will have to get rid of him due to wages

It is not his intention to play in the Championship.

So keep him for what?

The bomb squad?

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you know it’s not his intention to play in The Championship?

Well he left us on loan after we got relegated because i think he said he didn't want to play in the Championship.

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you know it’s not his intention to play in The Championship?

I''m just quoting his agent when we got relegated. That's why he went to Depo. Have you heard about a change of heart?

Edited by briny_ear

See he's another player who led (through no fault of his own) to our demise. 

He's aother of those players who we bought to play in The Premier League. 

He was nowhere near good enough for that. After relegation no Premier League club was impressed enough to come in for him. 

He went to Spain and joined a club who again got relegated.  No La Liga club was impressed enough to come in for him. 

He's basically not a very good player who is not good enough to play in the top division here or in Spain, yet some fans are still arguing for him.   We should never ever have signed him, he is so so far below Premier League quality it's laughable. 

See also Jordan Ayew. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He was nowhere near good enough for that. After relegation no Premier League club was impressed enough to come in for him. 

He went to Spain and joined a club who again got relegated.  No La Liga club was impressed enough to come in for him. 

He's basically not a very good player who is not good enough to play in the top division here or in Spain, yet some fans are still arguing for him.   We should never ever have signed him, he is so so far below Premier League quality it's laughable. 

See also Jordan Ayew. 

I think the comparison is a bit unfair on Jordan Ayew.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I think the comparison is a bit unfair on Jordan Ayew.

Without going off topic he's just another player people are desperate for him to be better than he is but he's patently not good enough for The Premier League and buying him was a huge mistake which contributed to our downfall. 

52 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I''m just quoting his agent when we got relegated. That's why he went to Depo. Have you heard about a change of heart?

You'd hope he'd prefer the English 2nd division to the Spanish, if he has any ambition to play in the top tier again.

Plus I don't know that he was even that heavily involved at Deportivo. From what I gather he didn't feature in a single game in their relegation season.

Scored the best 3 goals of any player I've ever seen that doesn't have it. They were all top drawer. I think he showed technique and ability but obviously lack in other areas.

Possibly fitness, and physicality without a doubt.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sne said:

TBH I don't really want us to have any players who "want's" to play in the Championship.

true but I would want them to get us out of the Championship and not run off in a huff

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

See also Jordan Ayew. 

...and Ross McCormack

Â