Carles Gil

bose

On 18/12/2017 at 16:40, Michael118 said:

He'd be our best player by a country mile if we could get him back.

He could feature in our fantasy “Players we bought who never really wanted to play for us” XI.

Feeding those assists through to McCormack. ;)

• Like 2

I haven't watched him since he left, but I think Snodgrass and Grealish would be a bit more consistently influential than Gil, although it's an unknown as to how he would fare in the Championship.

Definitely a bright little player though and would welcome him back.

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Deportivo with Gil featuring for less than 45 mins or not at all:

5W 13D 24L 

Deportivo with Gil featuring for more than 45 mins:

7W 5D 10L (3 of these losses were against Real Madrid x2 and Barcelona away).

Deportivo with Gil featuring for 80 mins or more:

4W 2D 5L (2 of these losses were against Real Madrid away and Barcelona away).

Stato give me some betting tips! 

Scored 3 amazing goals for us. All of them right out of the top drawer. Shame they all came in such a dark period for the club. Really likeable player, just wasnt meant to be. Definitely would have added more quality and depth to our squad if he stuck around for our championship campaigns.

He was a talented, tricky player that I think would do well at this level. Shame he wasn’t right for the PL relegation dogfight, but that wasn’t really his fault either.

I think he could have done well here in the Championship. I doubt we’ll ever find out now.

He has talent, no doubt.

but much has been written on here and we have enough evidence in watching games that skill or talent alone is not sufficient.....many other factors need to be employed.

The other important ingredient that Steve Bruce has created is team spirit, this is tricky and the influx of the french players did not seem to help this cause.

Carlos seemed happy to leave B6 when the going got tough....hardly the ingredients to have in a promotion campaign.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Got to be up there with our most overrated players of all time. 

He exhibits his talent when the opposition allows it.....unlike Jack (now) who imposes his talent on the opposition.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Me too, it's name was "Richards".

Or Tonev, Salifou, Holman, Bacuna, Lescott......take your pick. 

Gil was probably in terms of ability the most gifted player I've seen over recent years (perhaps outside of Tekkers, on his day, and Grealish, on his day). However, he seemingly lacked physicality, desire and application. 

But he was not utter shit. 

• Like 2

Â