Carles Gil

bose

Just now, bobzy said:

Would've been better if he got pissed abroad, photographed in the street and then failed to perform in the coming season instead, right?

Nope, that was disgraceful behavior from grealish that summer. Said so at the time. 

• Like 1

So, although my opinion is bollocks, I will give it anyway.

Our recruitment has been lousy for years, and Gil is another example of it.

As demonstrated by his spectacular stats over the last however many years.

In my pathetic, useless, bollocks opinion of course.

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Right at least I know know which bit you meant. 

So basically because YOU think he was ok my view is bollocks ?

Riiigghht....

Nope - different statement there.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

So, although my opinion is bollocks, I will give it anyway.

Our recruitment has been lousy for years, and Gil is another example of it.

As demonstrated by his spectacular stats over the last however many years.

In my pathetic, useless, bollocks opinion of course.

OK, let's go with that.

You're against signing rated foreign players on the cheap?  What should our recruitment policy be like instead?

No I'm not against it at all.

Im saying our recruitment has been crap for years.

Its not where you buy from or what you spend, it's how good your recruiters are and the ethos of the club and how they fit in.

We have IMO been desperately poor in this area.

Just now, terrytini said:

I never mentioned anything about 'foreign players ' !!!

I know.  I'm only highlighting that as Gil was young and foreign.

Let's remove foreign - are you not wanting us to go for rated young players?

I mean, there's always a chance they don't settle well or improve as they may have done or fit the team as they may have done etc.  That's the risk you take.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't but (personally, granted) I'm happy with some of that in our recruitment policy.  It's not flawed for me, it's sensible.

Once more.

Our recruitment has been crap. 

Didnt mention foreign.

Didn't mention young.

Didnt mention price.

Didnt mention a gamble.

For as far back as I can remember with a brief early exception when MON was here and again briefly under Gregory and Little our recruitment has been crap. Structureless. Formless. Random. Disjointed. Patternless.

And our results and current position pretty much prove it.

As I said, quite a while back now, if you don't think our recruitment has been crap, fine.

34 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Once more.

Our recruitment has been crap. 

Didnt mention foreign.

Didn't mention young.

Didnt mention price.

Didnt mention a gamble.

For as far back as I can remember with a brief early exception when MON was here and again briefly under Gregory and Little our recruitment has been crap. Structureless. Formless. Random. Disjointed. Patternless.

And our results and current position pretty much prove it.

As I said, quite a while back now, if you don't think our recruitment has been crap, fine.

So basically:

If we do well, recruitment = good (hence Bournemouth, Huddersfield, presumably?)
If we do badly, recruitment = crap

Fair enough.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So basically:

If we do well, recruitment = good (hence Bournemouth, Huddersfield, presumably?)
If we do badly, recruitment = crap

Fair enough.

I can only assume you have a very full life since you are dragging out a fight over nothing by  repeatedly and presumably deliberately misrepresenting me every time I clarify a pretty straightforward comment.

So, drawing on years of experience of explaining things patiently to very young children .....

No. I haven't said if we do well recruitment = good and vice verse.... I ADDED in the comment about our performances and results by way of ILLUSTRATING - just one way - that our recruitment has been poor. It didn't, and doesn't, mean anything more than that.

As even an idiot knows it's possible to have good recruitment and do poorly and vice Versa.

BUT as one way of illustrating my point it's reasonable to mention the fact that we are a mid table Championship side despite spending millions and millions.

Hence I think OUR recruitment being crap IS partly evidenced by that fact.

But, just like I didn't mention Young, or Foreign, or any of the other things you've tried to argue about, you have misrepresented me.

So, one more time.

I think our recruitment has been crap for years. You don't. 

Lovely.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

We seriously underperformed under Lambert imo.

Benteke, Vlaar, Okore, Gil, Bertrand, Bacuna, Westwood, Kozak, Cissokho, Senderos, Lowton, Sylla were all very good signings in my view.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Nope, that was disgraceful behavior from grealish that summer. Said so at the time. 

boom. That was far worse.. .yet you always bring up what Gil did. (which we cannot even prove). Agents do what they can to make money.

19 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

We seriously underperformed under Lambert imo.

Benteke, Vlaar, Okore, Gil, Bertrand, Bacuna, Westwood, Kozak, Cissokho, Senderos, Lowton, Sylla were all very good signings in my view.

Only Benteke was good out of that lot. Vlaar and Bertrand were okay. The rest were bloody awful. In my opinion of course.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I thought our recruitment was good under O'Leary and under Lambert. It was hit and miss under Sherwood and since we were relegated it has been mostly miss. Our problems are due to choice of managers not players.

Our problem was choice of managers and their choice of players. The two are linked.

Â