Carles Gil

bose

Micheal has bigged up a lot of shit player, Bacuna, Clark, Gil, Westwood, Koazak etc. 

He posts lots of silly stats to convince us that they are infact great players,  but only 1 stat is important.

These clowns got us relagated. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Or Tonev, Salifou, Holman, Bacuna, Lescott......take your pick. 

Gil was probably in terms of ability the most gifted player I've seen over recent years (perhaps outside of Tekkers, on his day, and Grealish, on his day). However, he seemingly lacked physicality, desire and application. 

But he was not utter shit. 

but when you ain't got them....you are moving mighty close to it.

On 3/3/2018 at 07:36, briny_ear said:

Didn’t like him that much when he said he didn’t want to play for us in the  Championship. Why is anyone even discussing this bottler?

Because he's a bright spark.

I'd have no issue with him being included in a return to the Premier League.

Would be interested to see what he can do in a team that actually plays football and works for each other.

I think Jordan Ayew is a good example of our relegation squad who can perform in the top division and I'd say Gil, Amavi, Traore, Gueye and possibly Veretout could join him.

We're going to need some additions on return to the PL, Jack is our only option at AM, and whilst I wouldn't want Gil to hamper Jack's deveopment, I reckon Gil would give Jack a hard time for that starting place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

We're going to need some additions on return to the PL, Jack is our only option at AM, and whilst I wouldn't want Gil to hamper Jack's deveopment, I reckon Gil would give Jack a hard time for that starting place.

Not a chance for me, Jack has added so much more to his game. Jacks workrate, tenacity, strength not to mention weight of pass, all put him miles ahead of Gil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not a chance for me, Jack has added so much more to his game. Jacks workrate, tenacity, strength not to mention weight of pass, all put him miles ahead of Gil

Jack is no doubt going to be miles ahead of Gil in a very short amount of time.

That said, Gil was better than Jack by quite a considerable margin for us in the top division.

I think Jack's weight of pass is superb, but we're in the championship atm. Gil has shown he too has a gift for the weight of a pass, and we've seen it in the prem.

Don't get me wrong though, Grealish over Gil without question.

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I thought he was on loan with a compulsory purchase at the end of the season? 

He is not coming back here regardless, he has said that he doesn’t want to play for us in not so many words. In his time here he showed glimpses of talent but didn’t have the  battle in him to make it here and help us survive. I can understand his stay here was not pleasant, it was some of the darkest and embarrassing days the club has experienced in my time as a fan going back 35 odd years. We are fans so we stick with our club, he has no such attachment so got out ASAP and I hold no grudge for that.

I am sure we will see better players than him in the future, in fact I would rather have Snodders playing for us at the moment. Let him go and forge his career back in La Liga and let’s move on to brighter times again.

This is the most sensible post imo.

Part of me still wishes to see Jack, Gil and Adama tearing it up together, perhaps with Benteke up top...but that will never be :(

• Like 2

We'll never see him in a Villa shirt again, which is fine by me.  He was moderately talented but didn't have the other attributes you need to be a success in the Premier League.  Plus I'd like to see as few players from *that* season in a Villa shirt as possible.  Honourable exceptions for Jack and McCafu.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Because he's a bright spark.

I'd have no issue with him being included in a return to the Premier League.

Would be interested to see what he can do in a team that actually plays football and works for each other.

I think Jordan Ayew is a good example of our relegation squad who can perform in the top division and I'd say Gil, Amavi, Traore, Gueye and possibly Veretout could join him.

As a coach of various sport teams over the years, I can only say I would not want someone like Gil in my team.

His character nor his ability has anything to do the with it. He left when the chips were down. Rightly or wrongly, again irrelevant.

It's all about the msg you send to the current players. I can't see how his return could be positive in anyway. 

No player is worth damaging the team culture. 

Ps. I also think he isn't good enough :D

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

As a coach of various sport teams over the years, I can only say I would not want someone like Gil in my team.

His character nor his ability has anything to do the with it. He left when the chips were down. Rightly or wrongly, again irrelevant.

It's all about the msg you send to the current players. I can't see how his return could be positive in anyway. 

No player is worth damaging the team culture. 

Ps. I also think he isn't good enough :D

I am a semi professional in basketball and a coach of 6 years as well, and have to agree with you completely on team culture and spirit.

I don't know that Gil's return would have a negative impact though, that is an unknown, if he earnt a place on merit then I don't see why it would be a problem.

Heynckes has returned to Bayern 4 times now. I personally have returned to two seperate clubs, one where I was no longer good enough due to promotion, the other where I left to play in a higher division, I have nothing but positive relationships at both these clubs. I do understand that ego clashes and the nature of Gil's departure could go wrong though.

Gil and Grealish actually had a bit of chemistry together on field, but I do take in to account what you and others are saying about how others might feel.

I think my point of view becomes redundant if what NeilS said, very sensibly, is true.

I was coming from the angle that he is still our player, and we are going to have to make additions and face the reality that not everyone will be good enough for the PL. Why not have him as a squad player, he's contracted here 'til 2019.

Do you remember the three goals he scored for us? All superb. Or any of his assists and general build up play? He is a bit lightweight and not very pacey, but he showed he can cut it from my POV.

31 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I am a semi professional in basketball and a coach of 6 years as well, and have to agree with you completely on team culture and spirit.

I don't know that Gil's return would have a negative impact though, that is an unknown, if he earnt a place on merit then I don't see why it would be a problem.

Heynckes has returned to Bayern 4 times now. I personally have returned to two seperate clubs, one where I was no longer good enough due to promotion, the other where I left to play in a higher division, I have nothing but positive relationships at both these clubs. I do understand that ego clashes and the nature of Gil's departure could go wrong though.

Gil and Grealish actually had a bit of chemistry together on field, but I do take in to account what you and others are saying about how others might feel.

I think my point of view becomes redundant if what NeilS said, very sensibly, is true.

I was coming from the angle that he is still our player, and we are going to have to make additions and face the reality that not everyone will be good enough for the PL. Why not have him as a squad player, he's contracted here 'til 2019.

Do you remember the three goals he scored for us? All superb. Or any of his assists and general build up play? He is a bit lightweight and not very pacey, but he showed he can cut it from my POV.

What about all the games where he lost the ball easily or had no impact?

A few truly impressive moments doesn't mean he can cut it IMO

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What about all the games where he lost the ball easily or had no impact?

A few truly impressive moments doesn't mean he can cut it IMO

How would you rate Jack's season that year, on a whole? What about Ayew? Gueye?

Our team had issues. It fell apart for everyone. I am of the belief that Gil is one of very few from that team who could contribute to a worthy PL outfit.

Though I have to agree with you, it's not known whether or not he would be more consistent or have a better level of play with better players around him.

I haven't watched him for any other club, but I thought he had more than a few good moments while here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

How would you rate Jack's season that year, on a whole? What about Ayew? Gueye?

Our team had issues. It fell apart for everyone. I am of the belief that Gil is one of very few from that team who could contribute to a worthy PL outfit.

Though I have to agree with you, it's not known whether or not he would be more consistent or have a better level of play with better players around him.

I haven't watched him for any other club, but I thought he had more than a few good moments while here.

We had seen Jack, control games, not just odd moments so i think he showed more. You're right that we had issues that season, that certainly didn't help players settle and us get the best from them. 

Maybe Gill could cut it in different circumstances, but I don't think what we saw of him showed he could.

Â