Carles Gil

bose

10 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia  58s59 seconds ago

More

Replying to @AVFC_Religion

Paid loan for one season and obligation to buy after the season.

Well i think we all know where that will likely end up with Deportivo being a Spanish club like Sevilla. He'll no doubt run his contract down and leave for nothing with repeated loans ongoing in the meantime so fair play to Xia & co for making them pay for the loan. How long does Gil have left on his contract anyone know? ..I would hope they divided the years left by 3.2m to come up with the loan fee amount.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We just can't seem to sell players?:(

Because we always hugely overpay. Players never drop their wages and no other club can afford to pay a signing fee and wages so we end up with loans and free transfers to get anything we can. 

It's all a problem of our own making and Tony voiced his frustration about it the other day. 

• Like 1

He really seems desperate to never play for us again doesn't he? He really never should after the way he has conducted himself. 

Thanks for everything Gil (mainly the goals in the FA Cup against Bournemouth and in the league against Leicester & Sunderland). I hope the door didn't bang into your posterior on the way out of Villa Park! 

Edited by John

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Well i think we all know where that will likely end up with Deportivo being a Spanish club like Sevilla. He'll no doubt run his contract down and leave for nothing with repeated loans ongoing in the meantime so fair play to Xia & co for making them pay for the loan. How long does Gil have left on his contract anyone know? ..I would hope they divided the years left by 3.2m to come up with the loan fee amount.

I hope they didn't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John said:

Thanks for everything Gil (mainly the goals in the FA Cup against Leicester and in the league against Sunderland). 

Leicester and Sunderland in the league. Bournemouth in the FA Cup.

Sorry, in a pedantic mood ;)

• Like 1

It's all well in good saying this is poor and we should be selling, but it could easily be that no one wants to buy him.

A shame generally though as I really thought he'd be something here. 

• Like 1

I don't see the problem with the deal. We got a loan fee last season and full wages paid. Now we get another fee and wages paid, plus an agreed fee at the end of the season to turn the loan into a permanent deal. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2017 at 22:38, John said:

He really seems desperate to never play for us again doesn't he? He really never should after the way he has conducted himself. 

Thanks for everything Gil (mainly the goals in the FA Cup against Bournemouth and in the league against Leicester & Sunderland). I hope the door didn't bang into your posterior on the way out of Villa Park! 

If I was him I would be desperate never to play in this league again too.

Those big bad bullies shove you off the ball and don't let you play.......He could have been amazing if players on the other side just let him play.

this game is so unfair......some players just go out to stop you playing.

;)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

He's been out since July with a groin injury. The Barcelona game was basically his 2nd game back.

Was leading La Liga for average assists per game at one stage last season.

He'd be our best player by a country mile if we could get him back.

Edited by Michael118

• 2 months later...

HE HAS NOT PLAYED A MINUTE WITH THE NEW COACH

The great victim of the Seedorf era

Written by David Cofán

Feb 27, 2018

Since Clarence Seedorf took the reins of the discipline of Deportivo, the changes in the eleven and in the different calls have been a constant. Despite the fact that the starting line up is quite similar to that of Parralo, some players have ceased to have a leading role, especially Carles Gil.

The former player of the Aston Villa went from being quite usual in the plans of Cristobal Parralo, not to dispute even one minute in the three meetings with the new coach. In fact, the Valencian attacker was only summoned once with Seedorf, against Alaves. In this week's game against Getafe, he will not travel with the blue and whites either, staying out of the squad for the third time in four games.

The stage of Carles Gil with the Depor starts last season where he arrives on loan to the A Coruna outfit. In his first year in the Galician city, Gil is a very important footballer, playing 23 games of which he was the starting 16. His delivery and work was commendable, however his statistics were not very striking, achieving only one goal.

His return to English football was anecdotal, since in the month of July, he rejoined the work with the Depor. In a bet of the Galicians as a reward for his past performances, Carles Gil came back to Riazor on a loan with a three-year compulsory purchase option. When it seemed that could make a hole in the starting eleven and increase it's relevance, falls seriously injured in the pubis that keeps him out of the playing fields until the month of November. 

After recovering, Carles Gil played 9 games from Day 13 to 22 in which his performance was lower than the previous season, remaining as one of those indicated by the herculine fans. His last appearance was in Anoeta before the royal society. A dramatic night for Deportivo with a thrashing against (5-0) and subsequent dismissal of the aforementioned Cristobal Parralo.

http://coruna.eldesmarque.com/deportivo/noticias/8223-el-gran-damnificado-de-la-era-seedorf

Deportivo under Seedorf: 

0 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses.

Deportivo 0 - 1 Real Betis

Alaves 1 - 0 Deportivo

Deportivo 0 - 0 Espanyol

Getafe CF 3 - 0 Deportivo

Edited by Michael118

Deportivo with Gil featuring for less than 45 mins or not at all:

5W 13D 24L 

Deportivo with Gil featuring for more than 45 mins:

7W 5D 10L (3 of these losses were against Real Madrid x2 and Barcelona away).

Deportivo with Gil featuring for 80 mins or more:

4W 2D 5L (2 of these losses were against Real Madrid away and Barcelona away).

Edited by Michael118

Â