Carles Gil

bose

That would be hilarious, and devastating for our side. And very Tim.

Ray Wilkins appeared on ITV before the Leicester game. Off-air he said he doesn't rate Gil. "Takes 15 touches when he needs two.", "Will never score. Will never get the assists he should." and "a very poor man's Spanish midfielder" were some of the golden nuggets to come out of his mouth. Fingers crossed Tim doesn't share this view, but you'd imagine he'd have similar opinions to his assistant manager.

Bloody hell! If true, he needs to hook up with Dr Who and hitch a ride back to the 19th century.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Ray Wilkins appeared on ITV before the Leicester game. Off-air he said he doesn't rate Gil. "Takes 15 touches when he needs two.", "Will never score. Will never get the assists he should." and "a very poor man's Spanish midfielder" were some of the golden nuggets to come out of his mouth. Fingers crossed Tim doesn't share this view, but you'd imagine he'd have similar opinions to his assistant manager.

Bloody hell! If true, he needs to hook up with Dr Who and hitch a ride back to the 19th century.

agreed

comments like that from Elmer Fudd make me think relegation beckons...

• Like 1

agreed

comments like that from Elmer Fudd make me think relegation beckons...

Blah... Wilkins doesn't seem to be doing anything anyway.

• Like 1

That doesn't sound like Wilkins to me....but hey, for some one that was always being accused of going sideways..... thats a bit rich.

I think Gil is really important to us ,but I accept that he can be lightweight and those kind of players need to be chaperoned, not benched.

He can open a tin of beans in his pocket, He can be another Paul Merson or Benito Carbone for us.

I understand that skillful play has to be a bit direct at times, but equally a patient build up can be prudent too.

He has skills that players at Villa do not have....They need to find a place for him and play him......even if its after a bit of the ugly stuff is out of the way

• Like 1

That doesn't sound like Wilkins to me....but hey, for some one that was always being accused of going sideways..... thats a bit rich.

I think Gil is really important to us ,but I accept that he can be lightweight and those kind of players need to be chaperoned, not benched.

He can open a tin of beans in his pocket, He can be another Paul Merson or Benito Carbone for us.

I understand that skillful play has to be a bit direct at times, but equally a patient build up can be prudent too.

He has skills that players at Villa do not have....They need to find a place for him and play him......even if its after a bit of the ugly stuff is out of the way

I think there is always a place for 1 or 2 skilled players, even when playing ugly.

• Like 3

Cannot see someone like Wilkins making that comment tbh. The bloke is very measured and cautious with his comments at the best of times never mind around a media crew, off air or not. 

How do you know this? Do you work in Television? It's pretty obvious Tomaszk's information is correct and (s)he isn't some kid making it up to get twitter followers. Andy Gray and Richard Keyes were very measured with their comments on air, how'd that work out?

It just a shame that we have a manager who doesn't know what he's doing and an assistant coach who thinks our best player is rubbish.

Edited by villa89

Cannot see someone like Wilkins making that comment tbh. The bloke is very measured and cautious with his comments at the best of times never mind around a media crew, off air or not. 

How do you know this? Do you work in Television? It's pretty obvious Tomaszk's information is correct and (s)he isn't some kid making it up to get twitter followers. Andy Gray and Richard Keyes were very measured with their comments on air, how'd that work out?

That was JUST banter.

Â