Carles Gil

bose

Sherwood didn't pick Gill because he didn't fit his approach to the game, now criticise that all you want. But to think he's been punished is **** idiotic. 

The only thing idiotic was Sherwood's 'approach'. Gil must play when fit, it's as simple as that, he is one of our very best players. 

• Like 1

Sherwood didn't pick Gill because he didn't fit his approach to the game, now criticise that all you want. But to think he's been punished is **** idiotic. 

The only thing idiotic was Sherwood's 'approach'. Gil must play when fit, it's as simple as that, he is one of our very best players. 

This. Sherwood seems to have a rule of only risking one of our four good players at any one time.

• Like 1

This. Sherwood seems to have a rule of only risking one of our four good players at any one time.

To be fair Gil. Grealish and Traore have had fitness/injury issues so far which hasnt helped

I want him in the starting XI against Stoke, was he injured against Liverpool?

He's been an unused substitute in the last two games I think.  He's by far the best link between midfield and the striker, and has a good understanding with Grealish as far as I can tell from the limited time they've played together.  I'll be very pissed off if he keeps being stuck on the bench.

I am guessing that with the physicality of the Stoke team and Gil having had a tough time last time we played Stoke, that he will most likely be on the bench for the next game.

• Like 1

Sherwood didn't see Gil as being suitable for a relegation fight last season. With him now moving the goalposts and claiming we are in the same situation this season too, I wouldn't be surprised if we see very little of Gil over the coming games. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

It would be frankly unforgivable, but thankfully I can't see him doing that.  There's no way he can justify an extended spell on the sidelines for one of our better players after what Gil has done so far this season.  It was different last season as he hadn't really worked with him and seen what he can do.  But now, nah, I think he'll be back in.  Maybe not on Saturday for the reasons outlined above, but he'll be back.

• Like 3

Sherwood didn't see Gil as being suitable for a relegation fight last season. With him now moving the goalposts and claiming we are in the same situation this season too, I wouldn't be surprised if we see very little of Gil over the coming games. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't entirely agree with that, but I do at least think we will see very little of him away from home. 

That would be hilarious, and devastating for our side. And very Tim.

Ray Wilkins appeared on ITV before the Leicester game. Off-air he said he doesn't rate Gil. "Takes 15 touches when he needs two.", "Will never score. Will never get the assists he should." and "a very poor man's Spanish midfielder" were some of the golden nuggets to come out of his mouth. Fingers crossed Tim doesn't share this view, but you'd imagine he'd have similar opinions to his assistant manager.

Ray Wilkins appeared on ITV before the Leicester game. Off-air he said he doesn't rate Gil. "Takes 15 touches when he needs two.", "Will never score. Will never get the assists he should." and "a very poor man's Spanish midfielder" were some of the golden nuggets to come out of his mouth. Fingers crossed Tim doesn't share this view, but you'd imagine he'd have similar opinions to his assistant manager.

Where did you hear this?

Unless my tiredness is making me miss a joke.

Where are those quotes coming from? Wilkins is not doing anything to impress me and if he is spouting shite like that then he isn't the type of assistant I want with us. He was shit for Fulham and looks to me like he is taking a back seat with us and not doing much.

Well at least he was proven spectacularly wrong soon thereafter. 

Not that it makes what he said any more bearable. God help you if you have a Spanish name and a bit of flair to your game with this lot in charge.

And keep your criticism of your players in house, Wilkins, you dick.*

*Assuming the above anecdote is true

Sadly not a wind up.

Gil was brought up by Gus Poyet, who he was on with, asking why he wasn't playing.

But where and how did you hear it?

I was working on the show.

If this is true it's a disgrace. No place at Villa for RW if true: Not just for being so bloody wrong, but for saying it to someone outside the club.

Â