Carles Gil

bose

The only player who is willingly keen to get on the ball and make a pass forward and be progressive on the pitch who also doesn't treat the ball like a hot potato.

I think it's a disgrace he isn't playing and sums up one of many flaws of the current management.

If we were winning games it would be a different situation completely.

giphy.gif

Do you know what this gif means?

Do you disagree with him?

Ok I go with this one :)

giphy.gif

You just have to look at this guy's 2 goals if you're not convinced. Both incredible.

Match Of The Day dont seem to think so. Not even a goal of the month contender :angry:

One was in the FA cup to be fair and I don't think the one against Leicester was goal of the month quality

• Like 1

My theory about Carles Gil is that he and the management team hate each other, and Gil is just biting his tongue and biding his time until they go, which he knows they will.

Gil was flying when TT arrived, and my guess is he was a bit too cocky in training, which got TT's back up and made him determined not to see the obvious fact that he's an excellent and vital player for us.

• Like 1

Despite his woeful corner kick.. you could see we tend to dominate possession when hes on as he keeps the ball and uses it well.. finds players in advanced positions. Its a no brainer... for most anyway.

However i wont be suprised to see him dropped from the squad completely because of the 1 bad corner he did. Good excuse as any.

Come on Tim. Give him an extended run in the team. This is whats frustrating.. why cant he play 5 games in a row and see if he actually improves even more. Sinclair has had it despite being woeful for most of them. Gabby has had 5 seasons despite being shit. Yet Carles has 1 average game (not even as bad as others) and he gets dropped. Ridiculous. They clearly dont rate him as highly as some of us. If the talk about RW saying what he said off the air.. well i guess its not a shock.

Gil is a superb player and as soon as I seen the line-up, I thought we've missed a trick, Whelan and Adam are not exactly mobile, so stick Gil in the hole and cause havoc, it's similar to what Leicester did to us, they knew Mahrez wasn't getting much joy on the flank so stick him in the hole to run at Westwood, unfortunately Tim has a huge ego and won't put that aside for the best of the team. No doubt Gil was slated for the corner however Westwood had 4 or 5 that were absolute shite, he'll get a pat on the back.

His effort against Leicester was fantastic though, surely? May not have been good enough to win but it was better than some of the other candidates definitely.

In fairness if you get the ball served up like he did with no defenders on you and you put your foot through it and it goes in it looks way better than it is

His effort against Leicester was fantastic though, surely? May not have been good enough to win but it was better than some of the other candidates definitely.

In fairness if you get the ball served up like he did with no defenders on you and you put your foot through it and it goes in it looks way better than it is

So what you're saying is if a well worked move finds a player in space and he finishes it well, it's a good goal?

So what you're saying is if a well worked move finds a player in space and he finishes it well, it's a good goal?

No doubt good goal. Fantastic? Goal of the month candidate? No chance

No doubt good goal. Fantastic? Goal of the month candidate? No chance

That's fine. The way you were describing made it sound like you basically thought it was a fluke

Gil is a superb player and as soon as I seen the line-up, I thought we've missed a trick, Whelan and Adam are not exactly mobile, so stick Gil in the hole and cause havoc, it's similar to what Leicester did to us, they knew Mahrez wasn't getting much joy on the flank so stick him in the hole to run at Westwood, unfortunately Tim has a huge ego and won't put that aside for the best of the team. No doubt Gil was slated for the corner however Westwood had 4 or 5 that were absolute shite, he'll get a pat on the back.

You've got to admire VT sometimes.

A thread about the main man CARLES GIL, and a post that masquerades as such...

...but is actually just another dig at Westwood...

...who doesn't even play in Gil's position/role.

Top work!

• Like 2

No doubt Gil was slated for the corner however Westwood had 4 or 5 that were absolute shite, he'll get a pat on the back.

What a strange point.

Everyone is slating Westwood's corners. People who like him and people who don't. Pretty much everybody hates them. Certainly nobody is giving him a pat on the back for his corners.

Pretty much everybody has acknowledged that whilst Gil's corner was crap, he played very well and is one of our best players. SO yes he's getting slated for the corner, but that's no different to Westwood in that they're getting slated for corners, but people are acknowledging that you can't base a player's overall performance just on the way he takes corners.

What exactly was the point you were trying to make here?

Edited by Stevo985

The pat on the back comment was from the coaching staff at Villa, not anyone in particular on here. It was more a point of what I think Sherwood will act on it. Apologies should have stated that in the original.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 1

You've got to admire VT sometimes.

A thread about the main man CARLES GIL, and a post that masquerades as such...

...but is actually just another dig at Westwood...

...who doesn't even play in Gil's position/role.

Top work!

Well he was desperately trying to play Gil's role against Leicester.

The pat on the back comment was from the coaching staff at Villa, not anyone in particular on here. It was more a point of what I think Sherwood will act on it. Apologies should have stated that in the original.

Gotcha.

And yes fair point, I think I'd agree with that. I've long said that I think the management must be happy with Westwood's corners for him to be  persisting with them time and time again.

Â